Preparation/recuperation advice for upcoming circumcision

D

deleted257218

I appreciate the sentiments but I haven't haven't made a snap decision here, this is the best option for me aftering taking everything into consideration.

I don't think anybody here thought that. Hopefully they won't have to take much then as you said you'd prefer, I know sometimes that isn't possible

m69725

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Lots of ways to cut a penis, have a good consult with surgeon. I ask to have mine cut loose, actually have frenulum remaining for sensitivity. Good luck
P.S. had no issues with recovery.

D

deleted257218

Lots of ways to cut a penis, have a good consult with surgeon. I ask to have mine cut loose, actually have frenulum remaining for sensitivity. Good luck
P.S. had no issues with recovery.

There's a difference between getting it cut out of choice and having to have it done for medical reasons such as phimosis. Depending on where the tight band is they sometimes have to cut tight

S

SirConcis

Endued, after the circ, sleep on your side in feotal position with scrotum pulled over the legs. This moves part of the penis "inside" and thus reduces the amount of stretch the skin has to make during nocturnal erections.

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Okay had this done yesterday, everything seems fine, way less discomfort than I was expecting, actually, but is there anything that can stop me getting erections? As much as I try to focus my mind, I can't stop it drifiting on to boobs and whatnot. I heard someone mention here (can't remember where) that they can give you pills to stop you getting a boner. Anyone know anything about these?

Last edited:
D

deleted257218

Okay had this done yesterday, everything seems fine, way less discomfort than I was expecting, actually, but is there anything that can stop me getting erections? As much as I try to focus my mind, I can't stop it drifiting on to boobs and whatnot. I heard someone mention here (can't remember where) that they can give you pills to stop you getting a boner. Anyone know anything about these?

Yeah i've heard them mentioned before, people usually seem to get them from the doctor who cut them but I guess you could always see a doctor about getting some.

How's it going btw? it was kinda scary at first for me

erratic

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

I'm afraid that erections are just going to happen, even if you try to get your mind off it completely. Regardless, I would suggest a little reverse psychology. You know...if you try not to think of a purple elephant you'll think of a purple elephant right away? Maybe just let thoughts about boobs and whatnot happen and go away normally, and in the interim try distracting yourself instead?

I also know someone who got cut a few years ago, and he said the healing process was fast. Boners were uncomfortable for the first week or so, but after that it was smooth sailing.

S

SirConcis

There are pills to prevent erections. There is a rumour that astronauts take them during missions. This may be of help during first week. But not sure I would take such pills. Sleeping in the right position (feotal) to move penis into abdomen reduces the length of penis that proptrudes and this reduces skin tension.

akiraeva16

1st Like
Media
After the surgery try to wear loose stuffs as it is not to hasten the blood flow and try to clean it regularly with the prescribed topical meds given to you by the doctor, try not to scratch it since it will become a bit itchy when healing starts, drink and eat foods rich in vitamin c. Post some progress pics if its ok with you to help fellow forumers that will undergo this procedure in the future.

Arkaadien

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Endued, best of luck with a speedy recovery. Hope it goes well :smile:
I've been thinking about getting myself cut for a while too, after having some similar medical problems to yourself.

Good to hear that the experience has been less traumatic than you expected- i know how surgery can make even the bravest person go gaga.

Keep your spirits up- thats the best key I think to fast healing. Also, in regards to your initial query on the forum about adding in healing: I've had advice and have subsequently found foods rich in Omega 3 will help with inflammation and Vitamin B, especially B12 will help with reducing blood vessel irritation. Also look for 'Spirulina' at your local health food store- it will help the body cleanse alway those toxins from the surgery/subsequent meds and help quickly get rid of lymph fluid swelling. And keep up the water too. Having had a bit of experience with recovery from surgery, I've found these items helpful so perhaps they might be of some use to you.

Hope you keep us posted on what I'm sure will be a quick recovery.
All the best.

Zee

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well, things seem to be going pretty well. Visually not a whole lot of difference from when it was first done, but there's very little discomfort.

I thought the boner thing was going to be an issue, but I've had a fair few semis today and it hasn't affected anything. I daren't let myself get a full diamond-cutter, but I can keep those at bay easily.

It's not fully healed all the way round, but it nearly is. Just had a longer shower than the last two days, haven't used shower gel or soap on the area yet though, maybe tomorrow.

How long does the swelling last? Varies, I'm sure, but just wondering. It's going down gradually, but it's still very dark on the swollen area as well.

I'll probably put up a blog post with some pics a bit further along the line. Oh and thanks for the extra advice, I've been drinking a lot of water, but hadn't thought about vitamin c specifically. I'll get some orange juice on the go.

D_Elvetta Boombooms

Just Browsing
Media
I thought the boner thing was going to be an issue, but I've had a fair few semis today and it hasn't affected anything. I daren't let myself get a full diamond-cutter, but I can keep those at bay easily.

It's not fully healed all the way round, but it nearly is. Just had a longer shower than the last two days, haven't used shower gel or soap on the area yet though, maybe tomorrow.

How long does the swelling last? Varies, I'm sure, but just wondering. It's going down gradually, but it's still very dark on the swollen area as well.

I'll probably put up a blog post with some pics a bit further along the line. Oh and thanks for the extra advice, I've been drinking a lot of water, but hadn't thought about vitamin c specifically. I'll get some orange juice on the go.

when I had my augmentation most of the swelling along the cuts was gone within two weeks. ice, ice, ice and more ice will be your friend for that. the area will look ugly for a while, especially the bruising from stitches if you've got any b/c those are what do the most damage.

you can buy silicone scar tape or a gel that will do the same job, but I recommend you use vitamin E oil anywhere you think you might scar. Just apply a small amount to moisten the area twice a day and it'll really help with any itching, and keeps the stitches soft and super easy to come out. Bonus is that vitamin-e will also keep water and soap from getting in deep, so no stinging!

hope you get well soon! just remember it won't last forever :)

curious_angel

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Good to hear things are going well, Endued. :smile:

I was feeling frisky this morning.... until I happened on an article about Piers Morgan, accompanied by a particularly smug photo. I was going to link it here, as an anti-boner device to keep up your sleeve, but as I can't be certain of your level of perversion I've decided to play it safe. :tongue:

Endued

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Good to hear things are going well, Endued. :smile:

I was feeling frisky this morning.... until I happened on an article about Piers Morgan, accompanied by a particularly smug photo. I was going to link it here, as an anti-boner device to keep up your sleeve, but as I can't be certain of your level of perversion I've decided to play it safe. :tongue:

An article by Piers Morgan would be a boner-kill, natch. But I have been getting extremely aroused by the idea that he might be implicated in the hacking mess and we may never have to see his smug, toady face again. So I appreciate the idea, but it's just too risky. :frown:

D

deleted257218

An article by Piers Morgan would be a boner-kill, natch. But I have been getting extremely aroused by the idea that he might be implicated in the hacking mess and we may never have to see his smug, toady face again. So I appreciate the idea, but it's just too risky. :frown:

Piers Morgan behind bars? I'd have a rock on for weeks :p

nicecircjob

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I know it's probably too late for this info on avoiding erections while recovering from your circumcision. But it might be helpful for someone else in the future. I was given a prescription for amyl nitrate
ampules. They are wrapped in gauze and you burst one between your fingers and thumb and inhale the vapor. This will kill an erection faster than Piers Morgan's face. About the swelling, I was given meds during the pre-op period to prevent post-op swelling. So swelling wasn't an issue for me when I got circumcised. But if you take too hard of a hit of the amyl nitrate, it feels like the top of your head is going to blow off. :)

redpw865

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I had the same issues last you. Big ring of scare tissue. The lot came off. High & tight. Best thing I ever did. I wore a jock after & plenty of fresh air. Salt water baths. Rubbed a lot when walking (some times nice feeling but more often sore) I used to wrap a wet one around him (probably for about 4 weeks) When its healed fully you will be amazed at the improvement of all things penis lol - Inc the use of lube and baby oil - Enjoy!!!