Preparing to Bottom

Discussion in 'The Healthy Penis' started by Beryn, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Beryn

Beryn Member

[FONT=&quot]I was curious to know what other ‘bottoms’ did to prepare themselves for a night of sex. I like to be extra clean, so I will take a couple of Imodium AD tablets a few hours prior and shower very good. This way I’m sure everything will stay clean for me, and for the guy who I fucking me. Nothing worse than a shitty dick.....:eek:
    [/FONT]

2. D_Fiona_Farvel

D_Fiona_Farvel Account Disabled

If you have a good diet? Shit, then stick a soapy finger in your ass and rinse well. Right before the action you can use a wipe to refresh, but no need to douche or anything extreme.

Of course, I speak as a woman who has taken it in the pooper, not a bottom. Use condoms and lube, have fun! :)

3. bimale

bimale New Member

ChockoKittie...it's really not that simple. Everyone appreciates when a bottom takes a little extra effort to make sure that the pipes are sparkling clean. A good cleansing can mean hours of impaling for both parties! :)

4. SyddyKitty

Gold Member

Albums:
    Doesn't douching too often cause you to eventually become dependant or lose control of your bowels? I don't know if it does anything long term at all, really. Just rumors I heard that I never bothered looking into.

5. D_Fiona_Farvel

Yes, bimale. It is.
    If you are healthy and have a good diet with adequate fiber, once you shit the rectum should be empty and as clean as it needs to be for sex.

The soapy finger technique and a good rinsing will remove any left over poo and odor. No one needs to go through extreme measures to "clean" the rectum.

Not a rumor, some people can become dependent on enemas. That and the loss of good bacteria and the drying out/itchy feeling some feel when douching are reasons not to do it too often.

There is a way to "irrigate" with a bulb syringe that is less invasive and more of a inner rinse that's a better option.

6. QuiteOne

QuiteOne New Member

Albums:
    I beg to differ. First, I highly discourage putting soap up your ass. The rectum is very sensitive and soap is a definite irritant. Plain water works fine. Second, I don't know about your sexual partners ChockoKitty but my partners are big enough that they go past the rectum and internal anal sphincter. A quick finger up the ass ain't gonna suffice. Nor will a "good diet".

Agreed. I ALWAYS give myself a quick cleaning with one of these before sex.

7. CityGuy82

CityGuy82 New Member

Albums:
    This sounds like so much work!

I've never really been into Anal, haven't done it for almost 6 years. Now the guy I'm dating is really into being a top and now I have to think about all this "prep" work when I really like things to be spontaneous.

Oh well, ya gotta do what ya gotta do.

8. D_Fiona_Farvel

Soaping the rectum? I wrote a "soapy finger", this probably reaches an inch inside the anus. A mild soap an inch in and around your asshole followed by rinsing is perfectly fine, if desired. Yes, it can be irritating for some, however, not many should have an issue with a mild cleanser. In fact, there are even people who add soapy enema's as part of their "play", so for many, the anus, not rectum, can tolerate soap. (I personally use Summer's Eve wash or an organic liquid cleanser, which I also use on my minge.)

The rectum is just under a foot long, but (no pun), if your partner's are surpassing that and still believe there should be no trace of fecal matter? I guess you have to take extra measures to make certain it is "clean".

And I'm sorry, but appropriate amounts of dietary fiber and good health will ensure that you evacuate properly. The healthy rectum should be empty after you shit, therefore, if someone sticks their cock in you they will not pull out a shitty dick. I know that's TMI for some people and I'm sorry. :redface:

We do agree on one thing, the bulb is awesome. During safer sex presentations we used to give them out in a kit. Along with a great book for butt health. Can't recall what the title was, but will report back for the OP when I can.

9. D_Fiona_Farvel

It is not necessary to go into extremes with prep.
    Make sure you have taken a shit recently, shower, and bend over. :tongue: I love anal, and what I wrote in the first post is all I do to prep and I have never had a poo issue. I used to do the prep work early on, but after a few spontaneous encounters with my ex, found the extra steps were unnecessary.

But again (no pun), this all depends on good diet and health. If you have IBS or something, I might do something extra. Maybe. Or maybe I would just tell my partner to stop being a squeamish pussy, be a man and fuck me.

10. Beryn

Beryn Member

Thanks for the responses...but was hoping to hear what others do before they bottom......:wink:

11. sandwulf

sandwulf Member

Albums:
    For myself personally, the amount of preparation depends on the size of the tool that is going to be going in.

My current boyfriend is on the shorter side of average. Also known as small by LPSG comparisons. Bottoming for him requires very little prep work for me.
    Shit, then a soapy fingering in the shower has been more then enough.

If I know that I'm going to attempt taking someone/something on the large side I usually go for a bit more thorough cleaning. Just pop off the head of the shower massager (one of the ones that use the hose type setup)
    Pop the end of the hose inside and do a VERY low pressure rinse inside for a few seconds.

Is it strictly necessary? Maybe, maybe not, but I have never had any ill effects from it.

Draft saved Draft deleted