Present for a woman?(far distance from me)

Discussion in 'Women's Issues' started by sailortim, Feb 4, 2009.

1. sailortim

sailortim New Member

I would like to send a little present to a girl and she lives very far away from me.... What should i do.... I can´t find anything except the letter... help me... Not everthing very expencive, i don´t trust the postsystem... Just to show i like her...

Any idea?

2. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    You should tell us more about her. Who can select a gift for a stranger?

3. sailortim

sailortim New Member

Russia.... She is a dream....I only had mailcontact with her for a couple of mounths.... everyday with exchange of pics(not from my gallery!) and storys about life.... so she is little stranger for me 2.

I don´t know so much but we will meet each other this spring probably in Moscva... She don´t have any children but she want... And She looks like a dream!!

4. ManlyBanisters

Gold Member

Not helpful.

AE, I believe, was enquiring if she is a cute and cuddly kittens type, an outdoors adventuring type, a bookish type, a gamer, etc., etc..

Knowing that she has no kids but wants them and looks like a dream is entirely useless in trying to determine whether she'd prefer a book of poems or a swiss army knife!

See that's what you need to do - if you are not spending a lot of money (even if you are, actually) you need to show you have been paying attention to what she likes, to her interests. If she's into rock-climbing, thrash metal and reptiles you probably won't get far sending her a stuffed toy pink kitten holding a heart shaped cushion embossed with the words 'I wuv you'.

Make sense?

#4 ManlyBanisters, Feb 4, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Principessa

Gold Member

You always make perfect sense. How about this though, it's pretty yet practical.:smile:

6. AlteredEgo

Gold Member

Albums:
    ManlyB has said it all. Other thoughts to consider might be: How did you meet her? Have you participated in any online? Has she lost anything which she would be touched if you replaced? Is she starting a new job? Moving? Growing her hair out? Does she like spas?

Without knowing more about her life and interests, none of us can likely help you with gift ideas.

Case in point: If you bought me a diamond, I'd immediately pawn it and make a donation to an African charity. If you bought me a cookbook, and it pertained to something going on in my life (such as my recent trip to Puerto Rico, my impending trip to Japan, my current life in Boston, my upcoming move to Miami, or local foods from your area) you'd be my hero. But then, I'm a pastry chef.

I have always wanted a man to send me a balloon bouquet. Maybe some day, someone will. My man doesn't know, and unless it comes up, I ain't telling! If he ever sends me a whole gaggle of balloons for no reason, I will just melt.

He's drawn me a picture of myself as an anthropomorphic cat. Best. Gift. Ever. But then, when we were just friends, we spent time at a role-playing site, and my character was myself as a cat.

Do you see what we're saying about how your gift must be very personal if it is to leave a big impact?

Draft saved Draft deleted