President Bush - Overall Job Rating

Where do you stand on President Bush's job performance?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 95 77.2%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 8 6.5%

• Total voters

dems08

Loved Member
Media
In recent national polls President Bush's approval is in the low 30's. I wanted to get the feeling of the lpsg community.

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I'm holding my breath.

This is an administration who has exaggerated the umbrella of "executive privilege" to an unprecedented degree; showing contempt for any form of reporting and inquiry.

As bad as the news is that has come out already --- torture, wiretapping, corruption --- how much worse is the news that they've managed to keep under wraps by refusal to testify, refusal to provide documents, refusal to investigate?

I anticipate that during the next administration -- 2009, 2010 -- we'll find even more horrible revelations that will make a 30% approval rating seem like an angelic dream. Mark my words.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Depends on what job he was trying to accomplish.

If he was trying to:

- distract Americans from the growing disparity between the rich and poor by starting a pointless war;
- ensure his cronies got rich through fat Iraq rebuilding contracts and general profiteering;
- alienate most of the rest of the world so as to faciliate the fostering of an "us against them" mentality among Americans; and
- avoid focusing on Bin Laden so that OBL could be held up as an Emmanuel Goldstein figure for years to come;

well, then, 10 out of 10.

I think it's a mistake to assume that he was trying to act in the best interests of America and its people as a whole. Look at who he's picked to surround himself with - or rather, look who picked him to surround with themselves.

Freddie53

Superior Member
Gold
Media
You are correct Rob.

Bush has done a fantastic job of trampling on the Consitution.

Bush has run up more national debt than any other President.

Bush has bankrupted what was left of the Social Security System.

Bush has made even our allies not like America.

Yes Bush has done a fantastic job. :eek: :mad: :mad: :eek:

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
You are correct Rob.

Bush has done a fantastic job of trampling on the Consitution.

Bush has run up more national debt than any other President.

Bush has bankrupted what was left of the Social Security System.

Bush has made even our allies not like America.

Yes Bush has done a fantastic job. :eek: :mad: :mad: :eek:

He's done a great job of encouraging the xenophobes in America, to the point where many Americans couldn't name their allies if asked.

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Even aside from the illegitimate nature of his selection for the presidency, it should be quite clear that it was a mistake to ever trust this man to be in charge of organizing anything more consequential than a fraternity beer bash.

rob_just_rob

Sexy Member
Media
Even aside from the illegitimate nature of his selection for the presidency, it should be quite clear that it was a mistake to ever trust this man to be in charge of organizing anything more consequential than a fraternity beer bash.

Well, again, it depends on your perspective. He's been great for his cronies, military contractors, the oil industry, etc...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well, again, it depends on your perspective. He's been great for his cronies, military contractors, the oil industry, etc...

Bush Jr's legacy will the Supreme Court... and that... my friends, lasts much longer than 8 years... thankfully... now only if Ginsberg could crack her hip in 8 pieces this weekend...

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
oh, and said poll (although polls are usually laughable)

Congress Approval Down to 29%; Bush Approval Steady at 33%

ccording to the May 10-13, 2007, Gallup Poll, 29% of Americans approve and 64% disapprove of the way Congress is handling its job. Congressional approval is down 4 percentage points since last month, and is 3 points lower than the 32% average measured during the first five months of the year. The high point for the congressional approval rating so far this year was the 37% approval measured in February. Although ratings are quite low, Americans have been more positive in their assessments of Congress this year than last year, when an average of just 25% approved of Congress.

jacob_6000

Just Browsing
Media
Just to point out... the Democrat Party controlled Congress is even lower.

Arnold's on the other hand ;-)

You need to look at more than one source. If you took an average of the Republican congress from all major organizations over last year it was in the mid teens.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
He has been a dismal "leader" throughout his time in office.

I'm not naive enough to believe that he has much real power, directly - he cannot enact laws. But he does have considerable influence over those who do have the direct power.

His choices for various presidential appointees and nominations has shown that he has no moral problems with putting people into positions where he knows that they will abuse in the directions he wants. His supreme court choices and his AG have proven time and again that they have pretty much total disregard for standing law and Constitutional mandates.

Complete failure.

Media
I just don't get the hostility with Bush... it is painful to watch him make public speeches though... Very painful.

Environmental laws, tax laws, and drug laws have raped Americans of more freedoms than anything enacted over the last 8 years. Then we have the run away litigation which have made every corporation and individual paranoid about being sued and drives up costs of everything... which strangles more freedom.

When I was a kid I could go ride my bike without a helmet in a vacant lot with my friends. We had a great time. Now kids have to wear a helmet, be supervised, and have no where to go because no one wants to risk getting sued. No wonder obesity is so prevalent among young kids. It is just sad.

HotBulge

Worshipped Member
Media
Lowells talk to Cabots, Cabots talk to God
The bottom line: Bush, Cheney & crew operate like paranoid political thugs. They are arrogant, hell-bent on operating ruinous domestic agenda to debase the middle-class. Their foreign policy has been disastrous, and worst of all, they operate in a hermetic environment listening to no one but their own.

When Bush compares himself to Harry Truman, he is engaged in a form of self-deception. He and Cheney may view themselves historically as trying to maintain the US' geopolitical advantage, but the flaw is in narrowly thinking that the US' might is the military industrial complex. .... His administration should have focused more on promoting stability abroad adn economic development at home.