President Obama at the 2011 White House Correspondents' Dinner

Discussion in 'Politics' started by B_VinylBoy, May 1, 2011.

1. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

2. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    The whole thing needs to be seen. I was impressed by both his sense of humor and his restraint.

3. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    I'll add that Trump took looking like an ass very well also, though he's had some experience.

4. getty1206

getty1206 New Member

Albums:
  5. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

And what does Sarah Palin have to do with this thread?

6. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    Lighten up, they both have White House Correspondents' Dinner in the title. :rolleyes:

7. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Get a clue. It's pretty obvious why someone would find it necessary to derail a thread about a particular with their political polar opposite. Nobody here is that naive, and I'm not that angry (although I'm pretty fed up with the continued disingenuousness).

I asked a simple question, but now I'll be more direct. Beyond the thread title, why did you think it would be "cool" to derail a thread about Obama with the irrelevant rantings of Sarah Palin?

8. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have an appointment to pick up a clue this afternoon, I'll bring it straight here and give it to you if you like? My response was a joke, hence the rolling eyes.

9. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

I wasn't offering you my shopping list for the weekend, dear. :rolleyes:

Although I'm a frequent user of the smileys on this board, I also understand that they're not always the best tool to use to express emotions properly since everyone uses them differently. For instance, my response to you for your bad joke was in the form of sarcasm. Funny how the smiley you chose has a much different impact the way I use it versus yourself? But that's besides the point and completely off topic, just like your link in many ways. Nobody really cares what Sarah Palin has to say about Obama anymore. She's a broken record of contradictions because she needs to play her part at being "anti-Obama" and "anti-Government" even if it means changing her mind on things she once supported.

So last time... Beyond the thread title, why did you think it would be "cool" to derail a thread about Obama with the irrelevant rantings of Sarah Palin?

10. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    Noted, I wasn't trying to insinuate that you could not find your own clue.

Can you point out the link I posted that you are referring to? It's funny, I read a lot of your posts, and you are obviously a well educated man. In fact, I agree with your side of almost every argument that I see. I will ask this though, do you like being coerced? I don't, and from my experience, most others don't either. Perhaps you should just let your knowledge and wisdom speak for themselves. We need more educated folks to teach and build others up, rather than calling names to try and tear each other down. I know you are better than this.

11. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

*SIGH*
    I was never calling you a name or trying to tear you down. Again, I asked you a simple question. But whatever. I guess the reputation of being evil and nasty still continues to precede me.

12. balsary

Gold Member

Albums:
    A public apology to you sir, the rest can be resolved in private. I see no need to further lead your thread astray.

13. invisibleman

Gold Member

Ooh, Obama got Matt Damon good. :eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted