President Obama delivers on another promise

Discussion in 'Politics' started by slurper_la, Dec 8, 2009.

1. slurper_la

Gold Member

Albums:
  2. B_Mister Buildington

Obama's open government initiative thin on collaboration, critics say - Nextgov

We'll see eventually whether this is substantive or just "transparency theater."

I thought that Obama's stance on Net Neutrality was awesome until I found out that its push empowered the government to shut down internet access if they so choose. Sorry, that has nothing to do with this, specifically. I just found out about it
    yesterday, and Net Neutrality was a pet cause of mine that just got used for government power-grabbing.

Alls I'm saying is that Obama can appear to deliver on a promise while not actually doing so. I think we should give this thing time before declaring it a victory for meaningful transparency.

3. finsuptx

finsuptx New Member

There is no transparency when the administration refuses to let a Social Secretary testify before congress regarding a security breach directly related to her job.

4. faceking

faceking Active Member

Albums:
    A> the fact that you had to ATTEMPT to post, reveals you find the inherent need to defend the fraud of a president he's become
    B> you picked the worst "promise" to pick as an example.

Below 50% already... nuff said... he'll be toxic on the 2010 campaign trail soon enough.

Maybe Barry can wear his Nobel Fecal Prize when stumping in lock-step libtard districts and declare affirmation...

5. tasteslikejellyjam

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    he has become very good at that...
    its like watching a juggler...
    toss many colored balls in the air...
    the audience can only focus on one at a time...
    all this is coming at a good time because his ratings really took a hit from the whole Afghanistan announcement...
    throw in a bunch of half ass promises to get people distracted away from the negative...
    the government likes to think the people have ADD...
    they start getting upset just jingle some shiny keys in front of them & everything will be okay...
    although when Bush was in office they needed better distraction tactics...
    I personally wanted to see him dressed as a cymbal monkey...
    that would have at least made me like him for 10 minutes...
    this "transparency" act is a less ballsy attempt then what JFK was pushing...
    he was after the CIA and other "secret societies" within our boarders to come clean with covert means & expose truths (within the boarders of national security of course)...
    which will never happen...
    the American people will still get the trickled down fluff that seems like transparency...
    just enough to make use believe that the first amendment is not being violated or tip toed around...

Draft saved Draft deleted