President Obama not fulfilling the "change" of Candidate Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Trinity, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Obama is not doing as he promised in his campaign. Obama stated he would pay as he goes. This is from BarackObama.com. This is who Obama claimed to be. This is what Obama claimed he would do:

Listen to Barack Obama himself- the first 30 seconds are clear. Obama is now acting contrary to what he ran on in his hope and change campaign:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5d4a6RNhCUo&feature=player_embedded
    Barack Obama: The Blueprint for Change Fiscal Discipline

Obama claimed every single proposal he made in the campaign was paid for because he believed in pay as you go. Obama claimed he didn't believe in running up debt for the next generation. Obama claimed he would root out waste. Obama claimed to go through the budget line by line to get rid of wasteful programs to pay for needed and nonwasteful programs. Obama claimed he would stop pork and earmarks and make government transparent. (Obama let the pork go claiming it was last years business though he had to sign it)

BarackObama.com

2. Industrialsize

Staff Member Moderator Gold Member

Albums:
    You seem to forget that between the campaign and inauguration we experienced the GLOBAL FINANCIAL MELTDOWN.........

3. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Political junkies tend to have selective memories Indy.

4. B_VinylBoy

B_VinylBoy New Member

Looks like Trinitroll has not taken it's meds again...

5. midlifebear

Gold Member

I've got "the he/the she/and the holy it" on ignore, but remember folks, so many personalities require a truckload of meds to keep them in control.

6. invisibleman

Gold Member

Trinity has some great ideas on how to solve that . I would love to hear them. :rolleyes:

7. Trinity

Trinity New Member

You seem to forget that the Global Economic Crisis and the U.S. Economic Crisis was what this election was about -why this election was so important. Obama claimed to be the candidate in every debate with the right plan. Obama is not fulfilling the claims and promises of his hope and change campaign.

8. Industrialsize

Albums:
    Trinity we get it.......you don't like Obama........you can stop trying to tell us

9. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Ditto. And I've never appreciated any feature so much.

10. joyboytoy79

Gold Member

Albums:
    What? Did somebody say something? I could have sworn I heard a whiny man's voice off in the distance. Musta been my imagination.:biggrin1:

11. Trinity

Trinity New Member

Let me see here...Your excuse for Obama is:

Shortly before Obama was sworn in a Global Economic Meltdown and U.S. Economic Meltdown occurred OUT OF THE BLUE and Obama would have paid for everything he promised as he stated PAY as You GO if that had not happened?

Please...you don't even believe that Indy...otherwise you wouldn't now be trying to make this be about a personal attack against Obama. :rolleyes:

Obama's share of the bail outs and stimulus - are one thing (I will continue to talk about the lack of stimulus, the jobs crisis, mortgage plan problems and the issues in the banking plan).

But what about Obama's new budget? Obama's new budget is off the tracks and will send us trillions of dollars in debt. Obama is borrowing more and more, printing money, and spending contrary to his campaign pledge. Health Care is not paid for...and is not being paid for with cuts and balancing the budget. None of his ambitious programs are being paid for as Obama claimed.

12. Industrialsize

Albums:
    lol...........ALL you do is attack Obama........it can be very entertaining at times, in a Rush Limbaugh sort of way.

13. Mark_UK

Mark_UK New Member

Albums:
    Actualy if you replace the name Obama with the name of the leader of any country it will still be true.Its a little bit disingenuous to place the blame for any of the woes of the US ecomomy on someone who has been in power for 100 days

#13 Mark_UK, Apr 25, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  14. Trinity

Trinity New Member

You are disingenuous Mark_UK because I did no such thing. Obama claimed to be pay as you go...fiscally responsible and stated that every one of his programs were paid for through cuts and budgetting. Now as President none of that is true, Obama's Economic Plans and Obama's budget are projected to triple the deficit. If anyone is disingenuous it is Barack Obama.

15. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
  16. Trinity

Trinity New Member

I expected all of the Obama supporters to prove that Obama was doing what he said in the clip. I thought you would defend Obama fiercely. Do know why you trying to call this a personal attack Indy? Do you know why you are attempting to avert Vince? Because you can't defend Obama on this and you can't prove Obama is doing what he stated he would.

17. B_Nick8

B_Nick8 New Member

New York City, by way of Marblehead, Boston and Ge
    Are you sure about that JBT? No one else is.

18. Industrialsize

Albums:
    I simply can't be bothered engaging you in political discussion....Obama is doing a fine job and, according to his record polls of late, the American People agree that HE is doing one fine job as president.

19. vince

Gold Member

Albums:
    Ditto Indy. This person's whole reason for being in this forum is to diss Obama and score some kind of debating points and prove that she was right about him all along. It's tedious. The President could walk on water and he would never be good enough for Trinity.

20. B_starinvestor

B_starinvestor New Member

The OP is absolutely correct. The typical response from the left on matters of obama's BS: deflection, 'troll' accusations, whining....anything but confronting the issue at hand; which is the Gaping contrast in Obama's campaign and actual governing.

Shuffling a few issues around is understandable, but he isn't even close on most of his outrageous campaign promises.

Again, I am glad he moved more toward center on most of his policies. Very glad.

But no one wants to concede that his ridiculous Hollywood campaign of impossible promises,rhetoric, misinformation, deliberate lies, and complete pandering to the left is nothing more than a distant memory that has been stuffed into a safe, never to be opened by anyone on the left.

Draft saved Draft deleted