Pressures from Society

chi-townboy

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Living in our American society today, and many other societies in the cosmopolitan world, there are obvious pressures to maintain certain appearances, mostly for women but also for men.

Unfortunately, popular culture has pretty much dictated that an attractive woman necessarily must have large breasts, curvy hips, and nice butt. Similarly, men must be suave and have a large penis. Those who do not meet these criteria, well, are sometimes excluded from this category of being 'sexy'.

Me, as a 21 year old college senior, I don't have the sex appeal of some guys, but I honestly am one of the most affectionate human beings (not to instill a sense of false pride in myself) people can say they've met. I'm not repulsive, either. I'm a guy in good shape (I ran the Chicago Marathon) and have a presentable face, but don't have a huge penis. But my philosophy of life is to love all and hate none.

Therefore, my question goes to the females here (and males too, I want to hear your feedback as well). Can a guy's display and personality of love and respect make up for other shortcomings in sex appeal and penis size? I know women ultimately in bed want to be pleasured with a large penis, but can a guy's pure love make up for it?

I believe myself to be truly respectful of all people and cultures, and I honestly have no enemies nor hate anyone. All my friends know me as a soul who wouldn't even hurt a fly. So, can this personality of being very loving and affectionate make up for me not necessarily being a textbook "hot stud"?

Any comments would be appreciated!!

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Therefore, my question goes to the females here (and males too, I want to hear your feedback as well). Can a guy's display and personality of love and respect make up for other shortcomings in sex appeal and penis size? I know women ultimately in bed want to be pleasured with a large penis, but can a guy's pure love make up for it?
I believe myself to be truly respectful of all people and cultures, and I honestly have no enemies nor hate anyone. So, can this personality of being very loving and affectionate make up for me not necessarily being a textbook "hot stud"?

The short answer is, yes, of course.
You just need to find a woman who hasn't bought into the Hollywood Hype of what physical beauty is AND of course the two of you have to have chemistry and other things in common.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've managed perfectly well without big breasts, I'm sure you'll manage perfectly well without being hung like a horse. Not all women are into big cocks, but asking the women on this site might not be the best idea as by the very nature of the site we're more likely than most to find a big cock an appealing asset. Anyone who feeds into hype is possibly on the shallow side so wouldn't exactly be the type of woman a guy with any depth would want anyway so I'm sure you'll find someone who suits you with little trouble.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I've endured without big breasts, but not very well. I've always longed to have them. And I want to lose weight nearly everywhere else. (although I do have a nice butt...)

I also don't get noticed by men, which just adds to that insecurity.

As for the OPs question, I think you're probably just fine. :wink:

bpen8

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Chi,

You are on the right track. Don't succumb to society's pressures. Be yourself, be confident, and you will find the right woman for you.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I have my own insecurities, but all are founded in my abilities and accomplishments, not in "keeping up appearances." I have no interest at all (never have) in "peer pressure."

All the physical attributes you mention are, of course, good attention-getters, but for me, the real test is "would I like that person when the lights are off?" So the personality is definitely much more important than a big cock or big breasts or wearing the trendy designer clothes. In general, the more a person feels influenced by societal pressures, the more insipid they tend to be.

Calcium

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I'm sure I'm reading this incorrectly (as I am wont to do), but it sounds like the only reason you count yourself out is because you're not happy with how you're hung. In that case, how are you not a "hot stud" until after the pants are off, in which case it would be a pretty dick move (no pun intended) for a girl to say, "Hey, that's not big enough! See ya!" I feel like there's something added here that isn't coming out in your post.

ganja4me

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The woman that you find should fall in love with your personality and not your dick. If they truly love you for your personality and the chemistry that you have with them, then your size will be insignificant.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I said it before and I'll say it gain:

We are NOT: PENISES with a male body attached to it.

We ARE: Intelligent, uniquley different men, WITH Penises.
I said it before and I'll say it again: If the penis is the only thing that matters, that's what dildos are for.

I agree with you, avg-dick. There are so many threads about "if he's a great guy but only has 5 - 6 inches, would you turn him down" and "I'm a great guy but I'm depressed because I'm not obscenely hung" etc etc. I guess if that's the case, the best answer would be to get a dildo for the sex, and the great guy just for friendship. Forget sex with people.

Personally, while a large penis does have aesthetic appeal, the great guy will win out every time regardless of his dick size.

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay

earllogjam

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
It depends on what the dick is connected to that matters for me. Here's my cake analogy. I equate big dicks and "sex appeal" to icing.

The cake is more important than the icing. Icing alone is not very appealing. It's the cake that makes the dessert. I enjoy cake without icing most of the time and it seems to be less important when some companion ice cream comes along anyways. Ice cream all most makes any cake taste better. I'd work on my batter and bake an excellent cake with your ingredients before worring about how good an icing could have tasted.

Hostess HoHos and Ding Dongs were popular, yes? Did they ever compare to a homemade cake or one you buy at a bake sale? Yeah, so much for popular culture.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I enjoy cake without icing most of the time and it seems to be less important when some companion ice cream comes along anyways. Ice cream all most makes any cake taste better.

Hmmm...perhaps I'll bust out that analogy if I ever get caught diddling the maid... :tongue:

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I said it before and I'll say it gain:

We are NOT: PENISES with a male body attached to it.

We ARE: Intelligent, uniquley different men, WITH Penises.

Huh? I'm sorry, could you repeat that? I was staring at your well above average dick. :biggrin1:

D_Biff Wellington

Experimental Member
Media
Of course not. If women defined how good looking men were by the size of their penis, then this world would be fucked. There are a slew of other factors that are frankly so colossal that I don't even think that penis size plays into it.

Maybe some dumb high school hunnies or Freshman chicks at college will play into that because they've been told that a large penis is comparable to good sex. That's because, nine out of ten times, they haven't even been fucked right. Even though I'm sporting something above average it wouldn't even make for good sex if I didn't learn my girl's body; for example she can't cum unless someone stimulates her clit.

While I truly believe that this board is cool because it offers a lot of advice for anyone with a penis, I also believe at the same time that the large penis thingy is to be taken with a grain of salt. Like old men who claim that the fish they caught was huge because they bought some expensive boat, penis size doesn't even equal if you're good in the sack. It's just visually pleasing to some people.

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Living in our American society today, and many other societies in the cosmopolitan world, there are obvious pressures to maintain certain appearances, mostly for women but also for men.

Unfortunately, popular culture has pretty much dictated that an attractive woman necessarily must have large breasts, curvy hips, and nice butt. Similarly, men must be suave and have a large penis. Those who do not meet these criteria, well, are sometimes excluded from this category of being 'sexy'.

Me, as a 21 year old college senior, I don't have the sex appeal of some guys, but I honestly am one of the most affectionate human beings (not to instill a sense of false pride in myself) people can say they've met. I'm not repulsive, either. I'm a guy in good shape (I ran the Chicago Marathon) and have a presentable face, but don't have a huge penis. But my philosophy of life is to love all and hate none.

I believe myself to be truly respectful of all people and cultures, and I honestly have no enemies nor hate anyone. All my friends know me as a soul who wouldn't even hurt a fly. So, can this personality of being very loving and affectionate make up for me not necessarily being a textbook "hot stud"?

Well, that depends on who you are trying to hook up with.

The general rule is this: You can never convince anyone to be with you. You just have to be yourself and that person will have to decide if you are good enough. It goes both ways.

People want who they want. Hard fact. If they want a guy with a large penis...then, that is what they want. No matter what you do or say is going to counter their needs. You want someone who likes you for who you are: penis and all. So, if you find yourself falling for people that don't like you, you may have to reconsider your choices in the people you are falling in love with.

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
OK you are only 21 now...and you are equating what society labels as sexy as what Madison Avenue Advertising Agency's says is sexy. With time comes knowledge and and confidence. I've said many times in these threads, it's not the dick it's whats attached to it. Moreover...a smart kind person is going to have staying power in the world.
One of my favorite qoutes: and books.
"Beauty Fades...Dumb is forever"...Judge Judy