Tallulah Belle, Scout , Rumor
Apple
Fifi Trixibelle

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Knew a guy in high school named "Carry Dickey". Poor guy. Kids called him "Harry".

Carla Ulbrich, the singer, used to have "the difficult last name club".

I went to grade school with a kid named Atilla.

I worked with someone named Mike Hunter (my cunter) almost as bad as Mike Hunt.

I never met a person named or nicknamed "Dick".

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Mine is the most pretentious I've ever heard. My mother was in labor for 30 hours and named me after my father to get even with me.

"Marion Leonard III". It's the gift that keeps on giving.

At least you have something in common with John Wayne.

Gillette

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anything ending in "III" automatically sounds pretentious, though the people themselves may not be. Other pretentious sounding names ; Hillary (boy), Tiffany and Brittany.

Real names children should slap their parents for; James Bond, Kermit Couch Stick, Marcia Mallo (not good if she's overweight).

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
you all remember Slim Pickens well his Dad was a jokester :jester: and he named his other son Easy :laugh2:

I know you were kidding. Slim and Easy Pickens were the stage names for Louis Burton Lindley, Jr and his brother Samuel T. Lindley, respectively.

A girl I went to school with was named Susie Pickle. Her nickname was Sweetie.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone remember the american collegiate basketball players House Guest and God Shamgod? The latter went pro for a while.

Dudes name was House Guest.

Thats almost better than Skull Mason.

koval

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I read a while back in the newspapers that a couple in Australia were refused permission to call their daughter Peg (short for Peggy) because of the bullying she would recieve in shools. Their surname was Legg(e).

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Like many European names, it has a religious origin. In English, it means "mercy", as in God's mercy.[/quote]
Really? That's interesting. I have never heard that before. Let me assure you the people naming their children Mercedes and Porsche in the states do so because they figure it's the only way they will ever own one.

Anything ending in "III" automatically sounds pretentious, though the people themselves may not be. Other pretentious sounding names ; Hillary (boy), Tiffany and Brittany.
Real names children should slap their parents for; James Bond, Kermit Couch Stick, Marcia Mallo (not good if she's overweight).
Yup, they need to be shot. Lest we forget, Penny Nichols and Velvet Crotch real women born in NJ; they went to school with my friends mom.

I never met a person named or nicknamed "Dick". Not for nothing, but even though we are both from NJ I am convinced you grew up in a bubble. The drama director of my hs was hated far and wide his name was Richard Cayea. They made a little ditty about him that went like this . . .
My name is Richard Cayea,

I have no friends,

my enemies call me Dick.
:tongue: :biggrin1: I swear to God it's true.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mercedes is actually a not-so-uncommon name for women. I don't know any personally, but it isn't that unusual.

One of my favorite writers is Mercedes Lackey.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

I have a cousin named Tiffany.

The guy I went to high school with, who I won't say his name here because I'm sure that no one else has this particular combination of name, had one that ended in "III" too.

My mom went to high school with a guy named Richard Long. I always found that amusing.

njreg

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
There was a guy in my high school named Delmonte Zucchini Jones. I can't imagine why anyone would do that to their son.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Mine is the most pretentious I've ever heard. My mother was in labor for 30 hours and named me after my father to get even with me.
"Marion Leonard III". It's the gift that keeps on giving.

You know perfectly well that mothers are always motivated by pure agape love. For instance John Waynes real name was Marion Robert Morrison. There is a verse in the KJV of the bible about a virtuous man ensuring family prosperity if 3 generations of sons in his family habe the same name. I can't quote the verse as I'm not a very good christian. :redface: This is why your son needs to be a 4th HickBoy.

Hence my encounter with a guy named Clarence Ezekiel Woods III and having gone to high school with a Rex Bowling Ivy III. Clarence chose to go be Zeke, though many called him chicken foot because he tended to strut like Foghorn Leghorn :rolleyes: , and Rex was Trip. As in third, triple, trip.

I'd rather have pretentious, than common and boring. Patricia Ann Green is as common as John Smith. I cannot begin to tell you the trouble this bland moniker has caused me over the years. Paychecks have been mis-directed, doctors offices always have at least three Patricia Ann Greens'. Don't even talk to me about pharmacies. I don't leave the counter until I am sure I have my medication.

My most recent name related annoyance: Georgia will not issue me a drivers license or a voter registration card because Louisiana and North Carolina have Patricia A. Green's on record who have committed some sort of vehicular offence. I was able to clear up the problem with Louisiana DMV by phone in about 30 minutes. However, I may need to go to North Carolina to get that mess straightened out as no one I have talked to on the phone seems to ever have encountered a case of mistaken identity before, grrr, @#$%&*# grumble To add insult to injury their are 2 people in NC, in 2 different counties, so I may have to visit each county DMV.