Pretentious, Obnoxious names.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Bill Cosby said once,when he was little, him and his bother thought there names were goddammit and jesus christ.His dad would always yell at them goddammit - jesus christ get in here hehehehehe
I LOVE Bill Cosby! Not to date me or anything (no, God forbid), my dad had a whole collection of his records and we would all sit around and listen to them. Our faces and stomachs would literally ache from laughing!

phx1999

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
It just amazes me what some parents will name their children. Don't they realize that they have to grow up with these names and how cruel children can be to each other. That being said I know a guy named Richard Johnson, and yes we call him Dick Johnson.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
While growing up, a right wing psycho christian parents a few houses down from us named there three daughters; Hope, Charity, and Faith. A few years ago, I heard from an old friend that they should have been named; hopeless, greedy, and whorish nympho.
ROTFLMAO, isn't that always the way?

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
A chinese couple is trying to name their kid @.

As in, 'at' - although the reasoning behind it makes sense, in a weird way. At has a similar pronunciation to a chinese character meaning "love him."

Speaking of weird asian names, someone I went to school with was named Bumsuk.

LemacST

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Anyone who would name their kid Vagina is one truly messed up individual.

There was a story on the AOL Welcome page just the other day about a couple being denied naming their kid a certain bizarre name. I never read the full story, so I don't what it was, but I can't imagine it being any worse than Vagina!:eek:

These are just popular names that I hate...

Destiny
Kaitlin
Jaelyn

Colby
Dane
Hunter

These are a bit more obnoxious and pretentious..

Madison

Carson
Didn't check if anyone already answered this, but the name was "4Real" with the number 4. It got denied because of the 4, they took it to court and I think they ended up denying it, not sure though. I believe it was in New Zealand.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I came across a rather unfortunate name while reading the American Profile magazine supplement in my local newspaper on Tuesday: Cole Deggs, pronounced 'Cold Eggs'.:eek::redface::biggrin:

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hate Ford, Chastity (yeah, right, imagine the $ she's going to spend on therapy later in life), and Cooper. And what about when "Prince" changed his name to "Artist formerly known as Prince", or that symbol?

Awful.

Any name that needs an explanation or spelling instruction is a BAD name. Period.

I do feel bad for people who have old family names that suddenly become popular. My great uncle's name was Madison and he was the family patriarch and a World War I hero. Consequently many children in my family have that name in one form or another. All of a sudden came Splash! and the name took off like a rocket.

Same thing happened with my name. Jason was unheard of except Jason Robards but even then it wasn't popular. Then Barbra named her son Jason and I got saddled with the most popular name in the country for a few years. Grrrrr.

I actually like Nike but only because I know of the history behind the name. But how many people will think she's named after a shoe? As much as I like the name and the history behind it and the image it conjurs in my mind, I'd never give it to my kid.

My name is pretty damn pretentious and I do come from an old Mayflower family so it's almost expected. I have two middle names, Cadwell and Sanford. My last name is even WASPier. My cousins have similar clunky names like Freeborn, Horton, and Garrettson. Add a few IIIs and IVs and things get pretentious pretty damn quickly.

It's a pain and prejudices people immediately.