Pretty interesting question

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I imagine a few of you have seen Solaris.

When he was on the space station having flashbacks of his deceased wife while sleeping , then was woken up by her , he was shocked and asked her how she got there. Then he went and told the remaining crew members what happened after he jettisoned her into space and then she was back again when he awoke a second time. They told him he needed to "get rid" of her again and that he was being "seduced all over again" and basically stating that he was willingly letting himself succumb to insanity.

And it made me wonder , is there a love so strong that if your lover "died" , you would willingly trade “sanity” for “dementia” and vivid, tangible, hallucinations to have the illusion that you are again with them?

svin_renigoth

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
that's an interesting analysis of Solaris. i hadn't thought of it like that before. but i'd agree with 1BiGG1, i think i'd keep my sanity.

btw, who else has seen the Tarkovsky version (1972) of Solaris? also, did you like the Soderbergh version (2002) more than the 1972 version? i can't really make up my mind, even though i've seen them both about the same number of times.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
It's kind of like a person with Alzheimer's. Once they have it they do not suffer as much as the family that has to experiencing losing the loved one that they knew.