Priapism

saoconrado40: Hi... has anyone else had a priapism? For those that don't know, its an unwanted, sustained and painful erection not driven by sexual thoughts. Heres the deal.. I'm a normal 24 year old guy, for a year and a half I had a great sexual relationship with a really attractive girl... loving it! Then 3 months ago I had a priapism (doctors have no idea what caused it) and I had to have an emergency operation, but my dick got really damaged, and they still cant say whether I'll ever get back to normal again. Its very depressing. So has anyone here had one before and if so how did their recovery go? I don't want to be impotent!

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I recently had problems with priapism on a repetitive basis. It turned out to be caused by a medication I was perscribed (a high dose of an alpha blocker for some prostate trouble). The medication caused priapism at night (true priapism, not just the normal nocturnal erections), in which I would wake up with a swollen, painful, numb, and VERY erect penis, which would not go down. (Interestingly enough, despite the constant erection in my sleep, the drug also made me utterly impotent at all other times. ) However, despite several nights of priapism before we altered the drug dosage, I don't think I have any damage, although as I'm still on meds, I'm not 100% certain.

Spirando47

1st Like
Media
Sorry to hear about your problems with priapism. I can understand your discouragement. I know how stressed I was at the time of my troubles and my situation resolved itself relatively quickly. The human body has an amazing ability to heal itself over time and you are young, so my (uneducated) guess is your chances are good for an eventual return to normalcy. My experience is quite different from yours, but I had problems two separate times several years apart. In my opinion both of my episodes were caused by meds-first when ramping up and then off the drug. The first time the priapism occurred I woke up in the night with an unusually STRONG erection that couldn't be ignored and just didn't go away, so finally I wanked and got back to sleep. Then I woke up that morning REALLY hard, huge, and in pain. Who knows how long I had been that way before I woke up, but it was an hour and 40 minutes of pain and worry before it finally, and very slowly, started going down. The next couple of days after that I got hard frequently for no reason, but without the pain. The second time around when I was going off the meds my experience was similar but not nearly as bad. (although frightful and annoying enough that I called the doctor) I have no apparent lasting problems as my erectile function appears to be normal. Hope your situation turns out as well as mine. If you haven't discussed your depression with your doctor, you probably should. Any guy is going to understand, and maybe he can help.

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
Well one time when I was 13 I had Priapism for 4 days due to a combination of two different medications I was taking for a cold one was a steriod and the other was a antibiotic I was allergic too...It was very painful and I was extremely large like maybe swelled to over nine inches in girth and about 10 to 11 inches long...Painful but very impressive, wish I would have taken pictures...Also maybe expains why I curve up and to the left...Jose'Latinoboy9

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Certain antidepressants sometimes cause it as well. The night time versions, which gradually fade are serious and the long play version that happens then and continues into the day, or happens and remains while you are full awake are really serious. In either case, get thee to your urologist. NOW.

mavedick

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Latinoboy9@Jun 30 2005, 06:20 PM
Well one time when I was 13 I had Priapism...
...Also maybe expains why I curve up and to the left...Jose'Latinoboy9
[post=325500]Quoted post[/post]​

Curving in any direction(s) is very common, and it's not a problem unless it's extreme. Most right-handed males curve a bit to the left, and most lefties curve a bit to the right. Care to guess why? ;)

thedude1989

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Originally posted by "The Darwin Awards"
Priapism Takes a Penis
1988 Darwin Award Nominee
Confirmed True by Darwin
Doctors warn of a dangerous new method of cocaine abuse: injecting the drug directly into the urinary tract. Physicians from New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center reported the case of a 34-year-old man who suffered severe bleeding under the skin after pumping cocaine into his urethra. It led to complications that destroyed his penis, nine fingers, and parts of his legs. "They fill an eye dropper or a syringe with a cocaine solution and inject it into the penis," said Dr. Samuel Perry, a professor of clinical psychiatry.

The man had injected cocaine before intercourse in an effort to enhance sexual performance. He was admitted to the hospital because his penis had remained erect for three days, resulting in a painful inability to urinate. The medical term for a prolonged erection is "priapism." On his third day in the hospital, the man's erection suddenly subsided. Over the next 12 hours, blood leaked into the tissues of
his feet, hands, genitals, back and chest. Blood coagulation caused tissues to die over large areas of the patient's body, and he was transferred to the burn unit of New York Hospital-Cornell Medical Center.

Doctors there were forced to amputate the man's legs above the knee and all but one of his fingers to stop the spread of gangrene. The patient's penis fell off by itself. The man is currently recovering in a rehabilitation facility.

Men who inject cocaine into the penis report that it gives them a sexual high. Drug abuse treatment experts have previously reported external use of cocaine as a sexual stimulant. Cocaine powder is rubbed onto the surface of the genital organs by both men and women in an effort to halt premature ejacuation or improve sexual sensations.

"We report this case to alert clinicians to this new method of cocaine abuse and to describe its rare and previously unreported complications," the doctors concluded.

surferboy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Originally posted by Latinoboy9@Jun 30 2005, 07:20 PM
Well one time when I was 13 I had Priapism for 4 days due to a combination of two different medications I was taking for a cold one was a steriod and the other was a antibiotic I was allergic too...It was very painful and I was extremely large like maybe swelled to over nine inches in girth and about 10 to 11 inches long...Painful but very impressive, wish I would have taken pictures...Also maybe expains why I curve up and to the left...Jose'Latinoboy9
[post=325500]Quoted post[/post]​

No, that's not why yer cock is curved. A cock's curve is caused by the erectile strucures from that area not being as developed as the other two groups. Or, sometimes it's cause by an over development. Here's what jackinworld.com says:

It is almost certainly natural and has nothing to do with your underwear type. Check out our Science Corner article on Penis Anatomy & Erection — you'll see that most of the penis is made of 3 erectile structures called the corpora cavernosa and corpus spongiosum. (There's no muscle in the shaft part of the penis, so that right there casts a bad light on the Internet source you were reading.) These 3 structures, like most parts of the genitals, grow a great deal during puberty. If all 3 grow to exactly the same size, the penis will be perfectly straight when erect — but if any one grows more than the others, the erect penis will have a curve. This curve is made more noticable due to the fact that when the structures fill with blood, any size differences among them get exaggerated. In your case, the corpus spongiosum is probably a little shorter than the others, causing the penis to curve downward; if one of the corpora cavernosa is smaller than the others, the penis will curve to that side. In any case, there's nothing "damaged" about your penis — and unless the curve is severe (like, 90 degrees of curve), it should not be a problem when you have sex.

Latinoboy9

Loved Member
Media
Surferboy Quote:
"No, that's not why yer cock is curved. A cock's curve is caused by the erectile strucures from that area not being as developed as the other two groups. Or, sometimes it's cause by an over development. Here's what jackinworld.com says"

I know I was saying it like a joke... Also my brothers are the same way...Jose'Latinoboy9