Price Of A Pissup?

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Knight, Jun 12, 2005.

1. Knight

Knight New Member

Anyways I'm, drunk now been out all night. Got a text off a hot girl and am after the (white) girl in the Indian place d(called Little India). Looked like she was bein pimped by the owner but she's goin out with his son. Might have to give her a piece of my...thingy ;)

Anyway I took £15 out with me. My mum's bf spent £100 though (lol!). Anyway its expensive. But am nice and drunk at least. For the record £15 = $30 but I only bought two rounds and played a few games of pool. I got a few drinks bought for me. Beer is expensive here. How about where you are?

2. Supportive Female

Supportive Female New Member

Knight, I don't care how 'faced (inebriated) you were; I think I can speak for most of the membership of this board by saying:

"Thank you for NOT being out with Little Miss Manipulator!"

If you spend any more time with that one, you'll have a permanently contaminated idea of what a good female can be.

Please, meet (and sleep with) a few nice girls; otherwise, you'll become addicted to "a bad apple."

3. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    I don't think I can get drunk anymore. I have a "tolerance." I usually drink like half a liter of some form of liquor every friggin day (uh, not in one go, you understand), else I tend to feel like crap and get really cranky - I'm the only person I know who gets hangovers when they DON'T drink :eyes:

4. KinkGuy

Gold Member

Well, yesterday was an expensive pissup! Went to our local Pride Fest.....held at the state fairgrounds, huge crowd, lotsa' friends and sun and music....and $6 beers! So between my SO and I we burned through about a $100 bucks. And I still feel like shit. :wow:

5. Altairion

Gold Member

Albums:
    I burn between $12-30 each time I go out. I don't go out all that often lately, so at least my checking account can handle it :)

6. jakeatolla

Gold Member

Albums:
    Unfortunately for my wallet, I got addicted to
    Guinness and Boddington's .
    Lovely stuff to drink, but at basically $6.00 canadian
    a pint (minimal tip included ) it can get expensive,
    seeing as I'm a lush who can down alot in one sitting.
    But My Liver thinks for me, so its no problem.

7. D_Martin van Burden

D_Martin van Burden Account Disabled

Strongly varies for me. I usually go out with having just a couple of drinks in mind, so I can take $10-$15 for me and be relatively clear. I stick to beer, but sometimes I'll switch it up to liquor(s) and a mix if I need it.

If I want to get rip-roarin' drunk, unless I crash landed on a good sum of money, I always hit up the liquor store and buy my beverages there. Last time I did that, I bought about $70 worth of stuff, but a bit of that was ingredients to make dinner for my friends. Anyway, since getting slammed for a DUI is way worse on the pocket than even the largest bar tab, I try not to blow too much out at a bar.

8. Supportive Female

Here in the New England region (USA), the college kids engage in the time-honored tradition of "front-loading": they bang down 2-3 drinks together at at someone's house before going out. They can then just buy (and nurse) a few more at the pub, and they save money that way.

The cost of vodka here, btw, is $10.50 U.S.

(**Corrected number**) About 5.75 U.K./GBP (thank you, MAX).

That's for non-brand name, 1.75 liters (80 proof/40% alc. by volume).

Mix it with Schweppes Diet Raspberry Ginger Ale, and watch all of Life's concerns float away on butterfly wings.....

9. Max

Max New Member

SF .. I think you have mutliplied rather than divided; your vodka would be very cheap indeed in pounds sterling at round about £5.75. Especially for 1.75 litres.
    Should we all head for New England in search of all sorts of other cheap booze (never liked vodka myself)?

10. Supportive Female

You were right, Max, thank you!

Very embarrassing for me, since I handle international currencies on a daily basis (without errors).

Talk about egg on my face!

I used the wrong converter from memory, instead of looking it up.

Creeping senility or lack of sleep, either way I owe you a case of vodka (or whatever), Max. :toast:

11. hippyscum

hippyscum New Member

I got pretty wasted this weekend, and I only spent a fiver on 4 litres of cider :D
    that's a pretty typical amount for me to spend on alcohol a weekend lol.

12. BruceSter

BruceSter New Member

When I want to get REALLY drunk and don't care how much it'll cost, I slam out 70 bucks for two bottles of Islay.

Bruce

13. db03

db03 Member

Wow Knight you got pissed on 15 quid???

Try coming to Dublin, each pint costs roughly €5 ($7) and you have no Business leaving the house without at least €50 on you.

The cost of a night out here is a joke, Ireland is the drinking capital of the world, but it does cost a fortune!

Its cheaper in the UK...you guys are so spoilt!!

:thumbsdown: :cry:

14. iggy

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    think its really cheap from where i come from..

a bottle of locally brewed pilsner (about 1/4 liter) costs about 20Php = about 40UScents

light pilsner about 25php, 50US cents

a liter of vodka would cost 200php, just over 4 dollars...

and a locally produced coconut wine costs 50php, just under a dollar...

iggy

15. KinkGuy

Gold Member

When were tipping them back, we are spending far more money on the taxes than we are on the alcohol. Typically, a bottle of Vodka carries between 25-55% in taxes. Vary by state, but the national average tax on ALL hard liquor is over 35%.

16. DenBoy

DenBoy Member

Albums:
    I haven't drank much in the last 10 years, but I could easily drop a $100 a night when I did. I still plan on $25-30 if I'm going to go out for a few drinks, but will usually only drink decent whiskies.

When I was in college we used to predrink with the cheapest vodka we could get and then hit the bars and still drop $20-30 on pitchers of the cheapest beer each. So I guess I was spending $35 to get wasted almost 20 years ago.

Draft saved Draft deleted