priceless quotes from george dubya

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I don't have the date, but "I know it's hard to put food on your family."
Dave
STOPPIT! I like putting food on my family. My favorite is sizzling-hot fajitas. I like putting drinks on them, too. McDonalds' coffee is best!

Now, someone has a dubya quote in their sig line, that's always been a rib-tickler for me. Only I forgot to remember what it is. That is, I can't... I can't think of what it is I can't think of.

B_New End

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"its like that one saying, 'fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice.. and.. and... you ain't gonna fool me again'"

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"The march to war hurt the economy. Laura reminded me a while ago that
remember what was on the TV screens -- she calls me, 'George W.' -- 'George
W.' I call her, 'First Lady.' No, anyway -- she said, we said, march to war on
our TV screen."

George W. Bush
March 11, 2004
Bay Shore, New York.

thorshammer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
priceless al gore quotes:

*A spotted Zebra.
"A zebra does not change its spots." - Al Gore, attacking President George Bush in 1992.

*Mammogram...sonogram...honey graham...
At an event in Las Vegas on Monday, 09/1800, Gore declared potential breast cancer victims faced "a long waiting line before they could get a biopsy or, uh, or a uh, another kind of, what am I looking for, a sonogram or...." People in the crowd shouted "mammogram."
(Source: Fox News 09/18/00; MSNBC 09/21/00 - The News with Brian Williams)

It was a Buddhist Temple?
Al Gore, when asked about his illegal fundraising activities that took place in a Buddhist temple: "I didn't realize I was in a Buddhist temple."
Yeah...I know a lot of places where bald men run around in orange robes with incense burning.
(A Senate committee investigating campaign finance voted to issue 43 new subpoenas, including 23 connected to a Democratic fund-raising event at the Hsi Lai Buddhist temple in California that was attended by Vice President Al Gore. Participants paid $2,500 each to attend, in apparent violation of the temple's tax-free status as a non-political religious group (5/23/1997)

Wait though... he may have not realized it was a fundraiser because he was in the bathroom!

Mr. Gore said he was sometimes inattentive and missed parts of fund-raising meetings. He told the F.B.I., according to notes of a 1998 interview, that "he drank a lot of iced tea during meetings, which could have necessitated a restroom break." New York Times, 3/11/00

*Equal...if not more so?
"When my sister and I were growing up," Mr. Gore told a small audience made up mostly of women, "there was never any doubt in our minds that men and women were equal, if not more so."
(Source: NY Times, 08/12/00)
Equal - if not more so? More so what? More "equal"? Who is more so? If two things are equal, what is the "more so" for?

*One thousand billion million trillion...
Oct. 25 2000 JACKSON, Tenn. (Reuters) Criticizing Bush's Social Security privatization plan at a rally in Tennessee, Gore said, "He is proposing to privatize a big part of Social Security and he's proposing to take $1 trillion, a million billion dollars out of the Social Security trust fund and give it as a tax incentive to young workers."
A trillion is one thousand billion, not a million billion.

*"Execute a pregnant woman? Uhh... I don't know"
On July 16, 2000 during a "Meet the Press" interview, Gore was asked if he would be in favor of postponing the execution of a pregnant woman. His hesitant response was "I'd have to think about it".
Apparently not prepared for this curve ball of a question, Gore must have been so conscientious about upsetting his pro-choice constituency that he couldn't even give the answer that was obvious to every member of the House which in uncharacteristically unanimous fashion passed legislation shortly after this interview to prohibit such a practice.
RUSSERT: Right now there's legislation which says that a woman on death row, if she's pregnant, she should not be executed. Do you support that?
GORE: I don't what you're talking about.
RUSSERT: It's a federal statue on the books that if a woman is pregnant and she's on death row, she should not be executed.
GORE: Well, I don't know what the circumstances would be in that situation. I would--you know, it's an interesting fact situation. I'd want to think (OFF-MIKE).

*Dairy Farm Expert in a Day
Milwaukee, WI - "I'm very familiar with the importance of dairy farming in Wisconsin. I've spent the night on a dairy farm here in Wisconsin. If I'm entrusted with the presidency, you'll have someone who is very familiar with what the Wisconsin dairy industry is all about."
(Sources: Sunday, June 18, Atlanta Journal Constitution and The Washington Post, June 14, 2000)
Hey! I am an expert in the hotel industry in several states - having spent more than one night there!

*A new type of tree!
Al Gore, giving a speech for Yellowstone National Park's 125th Anniversary, Albright Visitors Center, Sunday, August 17, 1997: "When we come here, we see the longpole pine and the Douglas fir."
Sorry Al, it's LODGEpole. There is no such thing as a LONGpole pine.

Think the NYTimes ran this one?

*James who?
In his first appearance in a nationally televised candidates forum, Gore was asked to name a past US president from whom he drew personal inspiration. He replied that he especially admired another "dark horse" candidate, and a product of his home state, the great "president James Knox".
The only problem is that the history books show that nobody named Knox ever occupied the White House.
That's one hell of a dark horse there Albert.

*I thought Santa Claus was badass...
"I certainly learned a great deal from 3,000 town hall meetings across my home state of Tennessee over a 16-year period" in Congress, the vice president told NPR's Bob Edwards.
Do the math. That's 187 town hall meetings per year, or a meeting in Tennessee every other day for 16 years, including weekends, holidays, vacations, and time spent running for president in 1988 and for vice president in 1992.

* Elitist idiot.
Back in 1994, Al Gore called Oliver North "the colonel of untruth" and said Mr. North was counting on political contributions from "the extra-chromosome right wing."
(Sources: White House Special Briefing, 10/28/94; Washington Times, September 4, 1997 )
AL APOLOGIZES: Vice President Al Gore sent out a letter apologizing for his embarrassing "extra chromosome" jibe at Oliver North supporters, saying he had "learned an important lession [sic]."

*He can't use a computer?
Pete Talek, a U.S. Steel employee speaking with Al Gore: "I am a few credits shy of earning a master's degree and could use federal funds to help defray tuition costs" because he also is putting a daughter through community college. "I worked with a 14-inch pipe wrench for years and a coal shovel." Adding that he since has added a computer keyboard to the list of tools he can now use.
Gore smiled and admitted that he, too, has trouble turning on a computer - let alone using one."
(Source: "Gore Touts Job-Training Programs at Pittsburgh Factory" Associated Press September 4, 1998)
Which is it Al? Articles paint you as a techie nerdie type with early, and possibly fairly substantive knowledge of computers and networks, but you can't use a computer? You used Arpanet in the 70's but now have trouble turning on a computer?

This is as bad as John Kerrys fake sun tan, which he claimed to have gotten outside but which turned up after an overnight flight and his "Can I get one of them huntin' licenses here?" act shortly before the election.
I love it, I really do.

*Where am I again?
Al Gore visited Minneapolis Minnesota on October 12, 1998 and raised several hundred thousand dollars for DFL gubernatorial nominee Hubert Humphrey III and two Democratic congressmen. Too bad he forgot which state he was in. Gore misspoke when he tried to summarize their commitment to education. "They will be the education team that Missouri needs to move into the 21st century," he said.
(Source: Minneapolis Star Tribune, October 13, 1998)

*Gore loves tobacco.
"Throughout most of my life, I raised tobacco. I want you to know that with my own hands, all of my life, I put it in the plant beds and transferred it. I've hoed it. I've dug in it. I've sprayed it, I've chopped it, I've shredded it, spiked it, put it in the barn and stripped it and sold it.
(Source: [New York] Newsday, 2/26/88

*Oh wait.. I didn't mean that...
"Sometimes, you never fully face up to things that you ought to face up to." -- Al Gore, discussing why he accepted checks from his family tobacco farm and contributions from tobacco companies for years after the tragic death of his sister that he spoke about so emotionally at the 1996 Democratic convention.
(Source: "'Numbness' Let Gore Accept Tobacco Help," San Francisco Chronicle, August 30, 1996)

* Rip-Tootin'?
At the opening of the new Gore 2000 HQ, Gore said something about a "rip-tootin'" campaign.
Maybe he meant "rip-roarin'" or "rootin'-tootin'"?
(Source WTVF (TV) News, Nashville, Tenn. 10/6/99)

B_The Greek Dude

Experimental Member
Media
Here's a good one:

George W. Bush said:
I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

-
January 20, 2001

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
didnt wanna beat this thread to death but i just opened my browser and this was in the george bush quote generator

"They misunderestimated me."

George W. Bush
November 6, 2000
Comment made in Bentonville, Arkansas

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"Neither in French, nor in English, nor in Mexican."

George W. Bush
April 21, 2001
The President's response when asked if he would answer a reporter's
question. Summit of the Americas, Quebec City, Canada.

That one really takes the cake.

marleyisalegend

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Okay, I'm making one up cuz I'm bored but tell me this don't sound like Bush.

My fellow Americas. I know you've found reason to find yourself finding discouragement, but don't be discouraged. Change is on the horizon. Change that is inevitable in it's tenacity, and persistent in it's changes.

I've got my George W Bush brain-juice (AKA whiskey) by my side so I may be able to do better than that, trying to find a youtube clip to link where he mispronounced a word and somebody behind him let's out one of those quick loud laughs where you don't catch yourself in time to hold it in.

mista geechee

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
DUBYA: So what state is Wales in?
CHURCH: Its a separate country next to England.
DUBYA: Oh, okay.

George W. Bush
October 30, 2001
Exchange between Dubya and Welsh teenage singing sensation Charlotte Church, as
reported in MSNBC

cockoloco

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ROTFL!!!!!!!

OMG I'M LAUGHING SO HARD I NEED TO STOP!!!

This is hilarious!

This guy should be a writer and have his own talk show, now THIS is funny LOL