Priest nabbed while running nude

edonline

LPSG Legend
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Priest nabbed while running nude - Yahoo! News

Priest nabbed while running nude

A Catholic priest faces an indecent exposure charge after jogging in the nude about an hour before sunrise.

The Rev. Robert Whipkey told officers he had been running naked at a high school track and didn't think anyone would be around at that time of day, a police report said.

He told officers he sweats profusely if he wears clothing while jogging. "I know what I did was wrong," he said in the report.

Whipkey did not return phone messages. His attorney, Doug Tisdale, told the Longmont Times-Call that Whipkey had no comment.

Whipkey, 53, was arrested around 4:30 a.m. June 22 in this town about 20 miles north of Denver.

The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest.

If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

B_capslock

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
"
If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said."

So if you are seen naked, you have to register as a sex offender. I think thats wrong.... to say that the display of the human body makes you a sex offender... the same as a child molester. In the case of a priest, I guess its redundant. ;D

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
The Archdiocese of Denver said it takes the incident seriously but is awaiting the outcome of the case. Whipkey remains an active priest. If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

What IS "active duty" for this priest? I certainily hope it has nothing to do with children!

This "wait and see" and do-nothing attitude of the catholic church is what got it in such trouble. Are they suicidal or what?!!

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
If convicted of indecent exposure, a misdemeanor, he would have to register as a sex offender, prosecutors said.

Any half decent defense attorney will get the case dismissed. Simple nudity isn't a criminal offense...indecent exposure requires an element of sexual intent in order to prosecute.

Statutes vary by state, but this requirement exists in most all of them.

Texas Penal Code:
§ 21.08. INDECENT EXPOSURE. (a) A person commits an offense if he exposes his anus or any part of his genitals with intent to arouse or gratify the sexual desire of any person, and he is reckless about whether another is present who will be offended or alarmed by his act.
(b) An offense under this section is a Class B misdemeanor.

Colorado Statutes:

§ 18-7-302. Indecent exposure.
(1) A person commits indecent exposure if he knowingly exposes his genitals to the view of any person under circumstances in which such conduct is likely to cause affront or alarm to the other person.

(2) (a) (Deleted by amendment, L. 2003, p. 1435, § 31, effective July 1, 2003.)
(b) Indecent exposure is a class 1 misdemeanor.

(3) (Deleted by amendment, L. 2002, p. 1587, § 21, effective July 1, 2002.)

(4) Indecent exposure is a class 6 felony if the violation is committed subsequent to two prior convictions of a violation of this section or of a violation of a comparable offense in any other state or in the United States, or of a violation of a comparable municipal ordinance.