Prince Albert

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
This is a really off the wall question.

Last night I was out with a group partying and when I got back to the table, they were talking about Prince Alberts. Someone had a cousin that got one; yeah, most of the guys were sorta green...just make that green.

Among the things thrown out was that:

Prince Albert was the Prince of Wales around 1890. Back then he trained to assume his kingly duties in the bordellos of Paris. Whatta training program. After he got a piercing, most of the British nobility adopted the [glow=red,2,300]yeeeeoww!![/glow]

One of the chicks said that he was really endowed and the Prince Albert was used to keep mr. johnson secure and tucked in...at that time underwear was not worn by either sex. The zipper led to the adoption of undergarments for men. Only later did women adopt panties (for modesty).

So is any of this true? And what is the real story?

Thanks.

jay

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
As I understand it, Prince Albert was fairly well hung. I'm not sure of the style of the clothes, but his penis apparently would show or swing around in his garment, which he felt was immodest. So, he had a ring peirced through the head of his penis. This was not such a bizzare concept, as similar things have been done to farm animals for ages (ring in a pig's nose, etc). This allowed him to tie it to his leg with a cord, keeping it in place, and avoiding swinging. This is perhaps an alternative to the use of underwear to constrain the penis, which can lead to everything becoming scrunched up in an uncomfortable bulge.

My ex boyfriend had a PA. He had worked up to one which was fairly sizable in relation to the modest size of his cock. From what he told me, having it put in was a very erotic experience, and not particularly painful.

mindseye: Despite the sensitive location, the PA is not a particularly painful piercing. Most of the 'hole' is already there, since the PA travels along the urethra for most of it's distance. The piercer needs only to create the 'exit' hole through the underside of the shaft, and that's generally a fairly thin piece of flesh.

Furthermore, the piercing tends to heal rapidly compared to other body piercings. Urinating helps to flush the piercing and keep it free of airborne contaminants, so the piercing stays cleaner during the healing process. (Conversely, if you remove the jewelry from a healed PA, the hole is not likely to close up becuase urinating will help keep it open.)

I love my PA, but I certainly understand that genital piercing isn't for everyone.

Reactions: IsaiahGreen

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
[quote author=jay_too link=board=99;num=1046972219;start=0#0 date=03/06/03 at 09:36:59]Prince Albert was the Prince of Wales around 1890.[/quote]

Historical note: As I'm sure our friends from the UK will notice, Prince Albert was never the Prince of Wales. Before marrying Victoria, he was Albert, Prince of Saxe-Coburg Gotha ... in Germany. After some struggling, Victoria finally persuaded Parliament to confer the title 'Prince Consort' upon him. Prince of Wales is the title of the Heir Apparent to the British throne. Albert's and Victoria's son Edward was Prince of Wales; Albert had no claim to the throne.

Max

Sexy Member
Media
DMW

As usual you are spot on. And he certainly wasn't the Prince of anywhere around 1890; he died in 1861.

sammygirly: "The Prince Albert piercing is said to date back to the Victorian era when the men wore tight pants. The word is that Prince Albert was rather unable to control himself around the ladies and so as not to be embarrassed by the bulge in his pants, he would tie a string through the piercing and around his thigh to prevent it from showing. It is also said that Queen Victoria like it so much she would not let him remove it."
http://users.pipeline.com.au/piercing/pa.htm

"The Prince Albert Piercing , also known in the Victorian days as a "Dressing Ring", was apparently designed to strap the penis tightly against the leg to minimize the bulge caused by the penis when wearing the very tight trousers which were fashionable at that time. As the rumor goes, Prince Albert wore one of these "Dressing Rings" to hold back his foreskin so to keep his member sweet-smelling so as not to offend the Queen."
http://www.abp.net.au/prince_a.htm

B_DoubleMeatWhopper

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
And he certainly wasn't the Prince of anywhere around 1890; he died in 1861.

True, Max. I had somehow missed the year!

"Alex, I'll take Useless Shit Only a Jeopardy Contestant Knows for $1000."

Well, I was a life line for two contestants on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire so far!

sammygirly: I'll take Swords for $50 000...

(SNL fans will get that..)

jay_too

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thanks for the information.

a PA seems like an over the top solution to an alert mr. johnson.

jay

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
While to origin of the PA was to constrain the penis, people get then today for entirely different reasons. Some just like the adornment, as jewelry. Others say it gives them enhanced sensation. Some bottoms like the sensation they feel when getting fucked by the PA in addition to the cock. Finally, some guys are just proud of how heavy a guage they can carry in their cock.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
[quote author=DoubleMeatWhopper link=board=99;num=1046972219;start=0#7 date=03/07/03 at 08:39:37] "Alex, I'll take Useless Shit Only a Jeopardy Contestant Knows for $1000."[/quote]

And the answer is..."What was Art Fleming's real name?"

Pecker

(For those of you too young to remember, Art Fleming did the first version of Jeopardy on TV.  And for those of you not too young to remember, his real name was Arthur Fleming Fazzin.)  I'll take my $1000 in 20's, thank you! ;)