Prince Harry's Racist Video

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
From BBC News

Prince Harry has apologised for using offensive language to describe a Pakistani member of his army platoon.

The News of the World has published video in which the prince calls one of his then Sandhurst colleagues a "Paki" in commentary he made over filming. St James's Palace said he had used the term three years ago as a nickname about a friend and without any malice. In a separate incident highlighted by the paper, the prince is heard calling another officer cadet a "raghead".

The prince had to apologise in 2005 for wearing a swastika armband to a party, which offended many Jewish people.

The video obtained by the News of the World shows Harry while still an officer cadet at Sandhurst military academy. It was filmed in front of other cadets at an airport departure lounge as they waited for a flight to Cyprus to go on manoeuvres. The newspaper said the prince had called the soldier "our little Paki friend"...

Full story and video here

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Well, sadly, he's not that different to a very large number of young men in the UK, with two exceptions, he's stinking rich and a prince.

Terms like 'raghead' (rightly or wrongly) are thrown about daily, it's the fact he's a prince that the media are having a field day.

He should know better, especially as many of these so called 'raghead' are English born making them his people.

Young, dumb, rich and too much cum me thinks.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
For someone to say those words is bad enough but for that person to be a part of the royal family AND to be recording a video when saying it is just plain fucking stupid.

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Race tension is on the up in the UK. People just don't like to admit it. I agree, fucking stupid, but how the other half live, with little exposure to common reality and respect it seems.

flame boy

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Personally I can with all honesty say I have never said a racist word in my life. It's not in my makeup to say something like that. Regardless of it it was a joke or not it's still going to offend people. It's similar to when people say "I'm not being racist, but...." or "I'm not racist, I've got an whatever friend"

Rugbypup

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Fear of offending people can go a little to far sometimes. Political correctness is a somewhat uncontrollable nanny-ism in my opinion.

I have little time in all honesty for people who are blatantly and maliciously racist as I do for those would claim to have no opinions on race at all.

Am I racist? I try not to be, but sometimes politics, religion, social issue can easily resort in prejudices but I think tolerance and maturity go a long way in not allowing racism to spread into ones personal life.

Guardian100

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Race tension is on the up in the UK. People just don't like to admit it. I agree, fucking stupid, but how the other half live, with little exposure to common reality and respect it seems.

I don't think it's as bad as people make out, I remember the UK in the 80's some of the stuff people used to come out on a daily bases back then would land you in court today looking at a possible of up to a 8 year max stretch in prison.

Anyone remember when Prince Philip was on a state visit to China with the Queen years back? He met an English student there and said to him if you stay here any longer you'll come back to England with slitty eyes :rolleyes:.

I found a few more of his antics
Book of gaffes marks Prince Philip's birthday

• To a British student in China: "If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes."
  • To a British student in Papua New Guinea: "You managed not to get eaten then?"
  • To a British tourist in Hungary: "You can't have been here that long — you haven't got a pot belly."
  • To a Scottish driving instructor: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?"
  • To Australian Aborigines: "Do you still throw spears at each other?"

D_Relentless Original

Cherished Member
Media
I don't think it's as bad as people make out, I remember the UK in the 80's some of the stuff people used to come out on a daily bases back then would land you in court today looking at a possible of up to a 8 year max stretch in prison.

Anyone remember when Prince Philip was on a state visit to China with the Queen years back? He met an English student there and said to him if you stay here any longer you'll come back to England with slitty eyes :rolleyes:.

I found a few more of his antics
Book of gaffes marks Prince Philip's birthday

• To a British student in China: "If you stay here much longer, you will go home with slitty eyes."
  • To a British student in Papua New Guinea: "You managed not to get eaten then?"
  • To a British tourist in Hungary: "You can't have been here that long — you haven't got a pot belly."
  • To a Scottish driving instructor: "How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to pass the test?"
  • To Australian Aborigines: "Do you still throw spears at each other?"

Yes i agree Guardian, i also remember the days of Love Thy Neighbour which would never be screened these days, how far we have come.

Sometimes it can be confusing im my experience, i had moved home a while ago and called at a shop in my new area, the shop keeper was from Pakistan, he was talking about the neighbourhood etc and told me his name was Paki Harry and thats what he calls himself and so does everybody else, nice guy, down to earth etc.

I am Known as snowdrop or the Milky bar kid amongst my close black mates, doesn't bother me, never thought about it, is that a racist attack on me ?.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know him but he is probably a spoiled fucking brat, who feels entitled to the world. Society is a different place today than it used to be, and if the behavior and character of the kids in my town and the kids that I have coached are representative of the larger picture than I can only assume that if any of them were a prince they would be like this clown, and vice versa.

Gl3nn

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know him but he is probably a spoiled fucking brat, who feels entitled to the world. Society is a different place today than it used to be, and if the behavior and character of the kids in my town and the kids that I have coached are representative of the larger picture than I can only assume that if any of them were a prince they would be like this clown, and vice versa.

He probably is spoiled, but so what? He's a prince, so he gets what he wants.
You have no idea how stressful it is to be constantly followed by cameras and paparazzi. Always watching what he says, always behaving properly, ...

Unless you're royal... you can't judge.

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
The video obtained by the News/Asshole of the World shows Harry while still an officer cadet at Sandhurst military academy. It was filmed in front of other cadets at

Asshole media reporting/inflaming common everyday speak
Royalty is not exempt from living in a normal way especially these days
Gone are the days when they have to be the perfect citizens for commoners to look up to
bring on another war .. and see who clings onto whom
recall when they had a blanket ban on Royalty reporting .. or maybe it was on the 2 boys when they were kids
No excuse for arry,s remarks of course ..but to me his oddish behaviour at times can be excused
but i would NEVER call him racist
bet theres a few on here tho
enz
AND i am a true blue kiwi Royallist'

rbkwp

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
but i would NEVER call him racist
bet theres a few on here tho

forgot to add ..the charity work he did with the blacks .in whatever country
was that fr fun...fr the Medias crap reporting.how many of us would spend some time in those countries
be amongst-even touch ..some of the folk there..fr Gaawwds sake'
(was it him cuddling a black aids baby-or his mother?)
enz

D_Chaumbrelayne_Copprehead

Account Disabled
Media
I am Known as snowdrop or the Milky bar kid amongst my close black mates, doesn't bother me, never thought about it, is that a racist attack on me ?.

I don't think that those are racist attacks; my best friend, who is black, calls me vanilla and I call him chocolate. IMO, it's different if you're doing it to someone's face!

We all hold racial or ethnic stereotypes to some extent. Maybe most of us are a 3 or a 4 on the 100-point Hitler scale, but those beliefs are still there. I will freely admit that I probably have SOME stereotypical beliefs about other racial and ethnic groups than my own. And I have run into others who had predetermined attitudes about me 'cause I'm a white, middle-aged man.

Even though those feelings are pretty harmless, I go out of my way to check nmy beliefs, and not assume that people agree with me ... and to react to all others as individuals.

The really dumbass part of this is that someone should have gotten to Harry earlier than this and shut him the hell up. Just because he's filthy rich and a fucking prince is no reason for him not to get metaphorically slapped upside the head by someone he'll listen to.

You can't, as a potential future world leader, go running around calling people ragheads. You can do around your close personal friends. You can't do it in public. The problem is not that we don't all have perfect beliefs or agree with each other, the problem is that the prince is engaging in bad behavior.

Last edited:

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I really think this is much ado about nothing. Harry meant no ill in his remarks, they were intended as an affectionate nicknames amongst friends and furthermore, the friends knew this and were not offended so why is the rest of the world carrying on about it?
As far as the boy's grandfather, his comments are just so unbelievable and i have to laugh that he can so casually say them. but he is from another generation and those were widely held stereotypes in his day. again, i think the Duke was saying those things in casual, joking banter.