Princes' circumcision

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Its not just a crown thing( if that`s true) its an English thing. circumcision is usually only performed for medical or religious rewsons in the UK rather than as the norm like in the States

vortex22222

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
If the Church of England has anything to say about it, the Monarch would be duty bound to obey. If not, I guess it would have been up to Princess Diani and, everyone's favourite Prince.

NIMBUS

Legendary Member
Media
It was widely reported that Diana, Princess of Wales (not "Princess Diana" - that was never her title :tongue: ) adamantly refused to have the boys circumcised, although Princes Philip, Charles, Andrew and Edward all were.

A couple of years after Diana's death, Prince William was admitted to hospital for what was described as a "routine hernia operation". There were suggestions that this was media-speak for a circumcision but it has never been proven either way. It is unusual that a lad in his late teens would need "a routine hernia operation" - but not unknown, given that the princes play a lot of contact sport and ride, for polo. So, I think that the general opinion is that there was nothing suspicious about the hospital visit and that the boys remain as Diana wished.

SteveHd

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I don't know much about "British crown tradition" but I read that Prince Albert -- the man whom a certain pierce is named after -- was intact.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
They were both circumsized, they had the ceremony and everything. It was on televison. I remember because that was the first time I'd ever heard about something like that and I asked my mom what circumscision was.

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Erm, no, I think I'm going to have to disagree with you there! There was certainly no televised circumcision. Besides, what ceremony are you talking about? There is no CofE circumcision ceremony.

yngjock20

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I swear. Prince Harry (not William), in some royal bed or something. It was his circumcision. No they didn't show the circumcision on the television, but he was in recovery or something.

"Interestingly enough, Princes William and Harry were not circumcized as infants reportedly because the Princess of Wales refused to have it done, although some sources claim that she did agree to have it done...Prince Harry agreed and had the royal circumcision only months after his mother's death. William still refused."

from the unofficial British Royal Family page. www.etoile.uk/columns/RoyalScribe

SlimGuySB

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And the words you have replaced with .... are 'It is rumored'. It is followed by "Whatever the case, as with most issues regarding the two princes, this is an extremely controversial issue and is unlikely to be affirmatively ascertained one way or another."

It is pretty much all rumor and conjecture. The only thing that (as a Brit) I can be certain of is that there was no TV footage of Harry recovering from a circumcision operation (and at his age it would surely have been an operation rather than a ceremony). Besides, if there had been there would be no room for 'rumors' any more.

arktrucker

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Its not just a crown thing( if that`s true) its an English thing. circumcision is usually only performed for medical or religious rewsons in the UK rather than as the norm like in the States

I went looking for this article I'd read regarding the royal family and circumcision and all I found was this quote:

Queen Victoria, convinced that the British royal family was decended from King David, had her male offspring circumcised. This tradition continued through Edward VII, the Duke of Windsor, and Charles, the current Prince of Wales, who was circumcised by a well-known physician and Windsor, mohel, Dr. Jacob Snowman. This tradition of British royalty has now ended, however. The young princes William and Henry are "intact," in keeping with current fashion. Currently, newborn circumcision is not a benefit covered by the British health service.