Principal donates kidney to student.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I watched the segment on GMA yesterday (or maybe the day before) and was mildly impressed by what (Principal) James Friel had decided to do. Being something of a cynic, I began looking for ways in which this could go bad- I used the idea of Friel having kidney woes of his own in a few years- the size of this man indicated that he has perhaps some health issues. Friel's weight in particular is an issue and excessive poundage can lead to vital organ failure. Excessive weight can lead to diabetes which can also lead to- vital organ failure! Kidneys in particular are known to malfunction for diabetics. What will Friel do then? Go back to Corliss Morgan and demand his kidney back or she doesn't get to graduate?

Then I looked at his greed for the spotlight and decided he was doing this for that reason- I told you, I'm occasionally cynical. What about financial gain? Is Friel doing this to get a cushy job at the local high school where the pay is better? Have the administrators there told him the job is his if he does this?

Then there are the family concerns. What if a member of Friel's family needs a kidney, let's say, a week or a month or even a year from now? How will he friel then? And why is he so attached to this particular student? Have there been no other students in his long career in principaling who have needed an organ donation? Does he have a 13 year old son who is as ugly as all get up and none too swift in the brain department who will need a sturdy wife in a few years and this is the way to make it happen? And why now? Why at the holdiday season? I mean, sure, he's fat enough and had the beard to be Santa Claus; but, isn't this a little too over the top-even for Santa?

Once I pushed my cynicism aside, I was able to focus on the beauty of this story. It's good to see that there are still people out there willing to give such a generous gift to another. I hope and pray that the final tests to determine if he is healtht enough to proceed show that he is and that Corliss Morgan is able to live a long and happy life.

Thank you for posting this story TattooedMamaMeg.

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Whoa! Northland! That's some amazing thinking. I'm impressed at all the connections your mind made with a simple story. :wink:

- - - - - -

TMT, that's a wonderful story. Thanks.