Principessa banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
What multiples of apparent discrimination do there have to be for anyone to take the question seriously?

Read what I wrote in my last post:

"The women here are feisty - we have to be. Sometimes we take it too far, or sometimes others judge that we have. I don't think any one of the mods I have known (past or present) ever banned someone for being female."

Do you believe that any of the current or past mods have banned a poster because she was female?

I don't - I really don't. I think that many of the women that stay here contribute as much as the likes of me and my fellow temp bannees from the somewhat hysterically monickered 'night of the long knives' are outspoken and unlikely to take any shit. More so, pro rata, than our male counterparts here. Therefore the fact that there are proportionally more bans of the female members with higher post counts makes sense to me.

Or, to put it more simply, we have no testes, but we have bigger balls.

I maintain the mods here are not sexist.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media
I'm taking you seriously Drifter, I'm discussing this with you because I take what you're saying seriously and want to drill down onto the facts which may underlie it. :smile:

You really have to take out all the day to day crappy work that the mods have to do (God Bless Them) with pedos, under aged, spammers etc etc, this is the every day dross on the web.

All the bans that ManBan and I have discussed have been of a different nature and can, imo, be scrutinised seperately.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

"The women here are feisty - we have to be. Sometimes we take it too far, or sometimes others judge that we have. I don't think any one of the mods I have known (past or present) ever banned someone for being female."

Do you believe that any of the current or past mods have banned a poster because she was female?

I don't - I really don't. I think that many of the women that stay here contribute as much as the likes of me and my fellow temp bannees from the somewhat hysterically monickered 'night of the long knives' are outspoken and unlikely to take any shit. More so, pro rata, than our male counterparts here. Therefore the fact that there are proportionally more bans of the female members with higher post counts makes sense to me.

Or, to put it more simply, we have no testes, but we have bigger balls.

I maintain the mods here are not sexist.

I think that the question needs asking. I have been trying to say that all along. Even without your night of the knives, there is still a significant disparity, but then why did that happen?

You are saying then that it is the nature of this site to effect more women members than men to break the TOS at this level. Perhaps we need some form of positive discrimination then. Or make it a more women friendly place? Why is it women unfriendly?

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
You really have to take out all the day to day crappy work that the mods have to do (God Bless Them) with pedos, under aged, spammers etc etc, this is the every day dross on the web.

All the bans that ManBan and I have discussed have been of a different nature and can, imo, be scrutinised seperately.

OK well I sort of fall halfway between you and ManBan on this. I think LPSG is a very specific environment which may put specific kinds of pressure on its female members, and I think the example of NJ rather proves that these pressures are taken in to account by the mods, I mean she posted for a long time, and frequently posted things which would have gotten a male member banned long ago imo. If anything I think the fact that NJ is a woman earned her some slack which she might not have had if she were a man.

Drifterwood

Superior Member
Media

"The women here are feisty - we have to be. Sometimes we take it too far, or sometimes others judge that we have".

I think LPSG is a very specific environment which may put specific kinds of pressure on its female members, and I think the example of NJ rather proves that these pressures are taken in to account by the mods, I mean she posted for a long time, and frequently posted things which would have gotten a male member banned long ago imo. If anything I think the fact that NJ is a woman earned her some slack which she might not have had if she were a man.

I don't know how this can be more than personal supposition, given the time you have been here, despite your intelligence.

Where we are going here, is that LPSG is a more difficult environemnt for a feisty woman. Now, I like these women, and I sit and watch them get banned one by one. What are we saying? Come here but be good Dear, bite your tongue and everything wll be OK. Take shit form any number of moronic asses, and don't call them for it. (Not talking about the NJ case here).

Women like ManBan, NJ, CB, TK, Dolfie and others are going to have as much trouble every 1000 posts as I or you will every 5,000.

I would like some slack to be cut. Maybe extend the edit out option for longer when a mod sees or is informed of something out of order. Maybe give power of editing attorney to mods.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Women like ManBan, NJ, CB, TK, Dolfie and others are going to have as much trouble every 1000 posts as I or you will every 5,000.

So which were unfairly banned and why? Should they be held to a different set of TOS rules?

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
You don't answer my questions. Why should I answer yours? :flirt:

Seriously, I can't honestly begin to answer the first, and I made a suggestion above regarding the second.

What were your questions? Number them please.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I don't know how this can be more than personal supposition, given the time you have been here, despite your intelligence.

I did some reading through of some of her posts, mostly because of the debate on whether some of her last comments might indicate that she was a racist, and it just seems to me that she was frequently a good deal more than "feisty". Now I'll grant you that this is indeed personal supposition on my part based on an only casual perusal of her vast LPSG corpus, but then your contentions that female members are held to some unfair standard which male members are not is also essentially entirely personal supposition based on a highly partial and manufactured "statistical" case.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I think that the question needs asking. I have been trying to say that all along. Even without your night of the knives, there is still a significant disparity, but then why did that happen?

You are saying then that it is the nature of this site to effect more women members than men to break the TOS at this level. Perhaps we need some form of positive discrimination then. Or make it a more women friendly place? Why is it women unfriendly?

Careful now. I never said anything about anyone breaking the ToS, I was talking about getting banned. :wink:

Where we are going here, is that LPSG is a more difficult environemnt for a feisty woman. Now, I like these women, and I sit and watch them get banned one by one. What are we saying? Come here but be good Dear, bite your tongue and everything wll be OK. Take shit form any number of moronic asses, and don't call them for it. (Not talking about the NJ case here).

I would like some slack to be cut. Maybe extend the edit out option for longer when a mod sees or is informed of something out of order. Maybe give power of editing attorney to mods.

I don't want any slack cut to anyone for being female - The mods deal with stuff on a case by case basis anyway, I believe I prefer it that way.

If I get banned (again), be it temp or perm, for dealing with assholes the way I deal with them then so be it.

Ooh this topic really deserves its own thread.

Probably...

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Well this is all certainly a fun cat fight. I'm sure P. would be delighted at the attention it's generated (maybe she's reading it now). I'll miss her fierce approach and at the same time tender touch on topics which required a softer voice. A very difficult year, with her being banned and Jason losing his fight, LPSG will be different from what it was, hopefully new members and voices will fill some of that void.

ZOS23xy

Sexy Member
Media
Would I?

What if all those men deserved the job?

The women here are feisty - we have to be. Sometimes we take it too far, or sometimes others judge that we have. I don't think any one of the mods I have known (past or present) ever banned someone for being female.

(and no, I don't think G ever got banned, I'd have noticed, nor SP - and if you add back in TK, cb, DF then I get to add back in Stronzo, Italian, Clyde, hungmuscle, NIQ_160, bigdirigible, lafever and many other high profile bannees).

lafever was banned, had the ban dropped but never came back. NIC-IQ160 got himself banned because he wanted to. Italian was banned a few times, under various names. Genuinwin73 got herself banned because she wanted to leave and felt slightly addicted.

etc...

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Well this is all certainly a fun cat fight. I'm sure P. would be delighted at the attention it's generated (maybe she's reading it now). I'll miss her fierce approach and at the same time tender touch on topics which required a softer voice. A very difficult year, with her being banned and Jason losing his fight, LPSG will be different from what it was, hopefully new members and voices will fill some of that void.

Ah, but we still have you.

Status
Not open for further replies.