Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
I'm sorry if reasoned and honest critique of religion (christian or otherwise) is seen as disrespect by some but this thread isn't about me so you'll forgive me if I don't really go any deeper in to this discussion with you, especially since even if you and Naughty are correct about me that doesn't mean the entire site is infested with nasty anti-chritians, or rabid anti-americans.

I really don't care if someone is anti-American, I have plenty of reason to criticize my government. I'm embarassed by my state government and the stupid things that my governor has done.

I'm embarassed and angered by a lot of things people who profess to be Christian do, but just because I choose to follow Christian religion and am a member of a Christian church, doesn't mean that I believe everything across the board, nor does it mean that I use it to repress and opress others. In fact, I feel that type of behavior is contrary to religious belief.

Maybe it's just the tone you give off, but when you speak anti-Christian stuff, it comes across as an attack. You're not the only one to do so, but I'm just pointing out that you have been one to do it, so I don't understand how you can say that you don't know that you did.

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
That would mean that everyone else who makes a post with negative racial intent has to be given the same courtesy.

In the end you get yourself banned, if someone goads you into doing it and you take the bait it is your own fault.

Ah, what a difference a few years make...

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Maybe it's just the tone you give off, but when you speak anti-Christian stuff, it comes across as an attack. You're not the only one to do so, but I'm just pointing out that you have been one to do it, so I don't understand how you can say that you don't know that you did.

I just don't see it that way, sorry.

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ah, what a difference a few years make...

Exactly. I learned not to be baited from you when you were a Mod. I changed how I behave here, but I am also not as passionate (not at all actually) about this place as I once was.

Let her back and she will be banned again.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Exactly. I learned not to be baited from you when you were a Mod. I changed how I behave here, but I am also not as passionate (not at all actually) about this place as I once was.

Let her back and she will be banned again.
\
Yes,

You have grown unbelievably since your early days here, Mem. I think that has happened with many of us. The more vested the heavier the amount of grief...

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yes and others have been welcomed back after banning without incident.

The point is that there is an option if she wants to come back again.

I personally don't care if she is allowed to come back or not. If she did what she has been accused of doing I don't see how they can let her come back.

nicenycdick

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
She always spoke her mind. And the price for always speaking your mind is that you sometimes have to pay for the privilege. Although she never, ever bothered me, I don't think she could or would change how she expresses herself simply to avoid a ban. She will miss it here and we will miss her. But I think, on some level, this was inevitable.

Media
Sorry, man. I have to disagree with you. This is not, was not, and has never been a community. I belong to a community, and this site has very few of the qualities that a true community displays. This place has never been particularly friendly. I have met a few people through this site who are, but I didn't come here looking for community. This has always been just a web site, and most of its participants are here for reasons that range from superficial to downright evil. There is very little good will to be found here.

Thank you!

A former member and I had a conversation in regards to how he was taking things so seriously here. I said: "LPSG is an adult web site, that's it!" The response I got was: "No it's not, it's a community. People meet up from LPSG and form friendships and relationships."

Where would those friendships and relationships have started? On an adult web site!

Me and NJ battled a few times. I never disliked her. Like is said in the Shani thread, i have a lot of respect for her. Im in mixed opinions on her banning. Im some ways, its good she has finally had some sort of reprimand for her quick to anger ways. In others, its a shame, i dont think its good, but they are personal reasons.

She seemingly had an issue with me, especially me being from the UK and she showed that in the Doctor thread on MB. Racist or not, if i were to go around dissing America or anyother country and harrassing members from there, i would expect to be banned in a second. The same should apply to her.

If you look at the second entry in that thread Lemon, you went there first.
If NJ is guilty of over the top sarcasm (I know her personally and she anything but a prejudice person.) and seemingly hateful comments, her fault is in making poor choices in defending herself and your fault is not leaving well enough alone.

There is no argument you can offer that will sway my thoughts and opinions on the matter. Many of us here know her and even when she is wrong, she is the first to admit it. She not completely unreasonable. There is a way to go about handling strong personalities and this was not the way.

I don't agree with how she went about defending herself, even so, I don't agree with the personalization or attacks and accusations being hurled about as if to stone the woman.

People here diss Americans , CHristians, etc ALL the time and there is NO action.

I personally don't care if she is allowed to come back or not. If she did what she has been accused of doing I don't see how they can let her come back.

They have let worse back in here, much worse.

A while back, a thread was started about me. Accusations were made that I was destroying lives. Choices in words that many here felt required a reprimand of sorts. If racial slurs and personal attacks are not tolerated, I can only surmise favor was the deciding factor in no action being taken in my situation. In fact, I know it was.

People say what they want here and at times it gets overlooked and I have to question the decisions made to bring certain members that were chronic trouble makers to begin with back up in here and those like NJ get a permanent ban.

IMO this is a misunderstanding all the way around. In a moment of weakness, frustrations got the better of NJ. That is not an excuse, it is just an opinion based on what I know of her.

I hope she is allowed back.

Last edited:

Dave NoCal

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
She's pretty fiery and lately was grumpy too. However, she's not one of those for whom their sole purpose for posting here is to set off flame wars. I'm speaking of several people, one of whom has repeatedly referred to Obama as "boy" and another who uses his opening posts to attack other members. Most of the posts she started were based on interesting events and questions. They got heated at times but did not seem to be malicious in their original intent. Those creepy types are still here.
Dave

Mem

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Thank you!

A former member and I had a conversation in regards to how he was taking things so seriously here. I said: "LPSG is an adult web site, that's it!" The response I got was: "No it's not, it's a community. People meet up from LPSG and form friendships and relationships."

Where would those friendships and relationships have started? On an adult web site!

If NJ is guilty of over the top sarcasm (I know her personally and she anything but a prejudice person.) and seemingly hateful comments, her fault is in making poor choices in defending herself and your fault is not leaving well enough alone.

There is no argument you can offer that will sway my thoughts and opinions on the matter. Many of us here know her and even when she is wrong, she is the first to admit it. She not completely unreasonable. There is a way to go about handling strong personalities and this was not the way.

I don't agree with how she went about defending herself, even so, I don't agree with the personalization or attacks and accusations being hurled about as if to stone the woman.

A while back, a thread was started about me. Accusations were made that I was destroying lives. Choices in words that many here felt required a reprimand of sorts. If racial slurs and personal attacks are not tolerated, I can only surmise favor was the deciding factor in no action being taken in my situation. In fact, I know it was.

People say what they want here and at times it gets overlooked and I have to question the decisions made to bring certain members that were chronic trouble makers to begin with back up in here and those like NJ get a permanent ban.

IMO this is a misunderstanding all the way around. In a moment of weakness, frustrations got the better of NJ. That is not an excuse, it is just an opinion based on what I know of her.

Her friends are obviously going to be biased towards the situation, and they should support her. The problem is that the Mods need to act in an unbiased manner.

I neither like nor dislike her. We are both originally from NJ and share a parents illness due to Parkinson's. I've shared good and bad posts with her. What I first thought she was accused of being banned for was unjust, but when I later learned why she was banned swayed me to think that it was a fair banning.

Qua

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
The only thing I will say was she complained about racism a lot but usually dished far more than she got. More generally she would rudely call people ignorant and insult one's intelligence for not seeing things her way on matters of opinion. Therefore this doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: I don't take issue with any poster here (except one who I've since decided must be satirical--its the only rectification for the ridiculousness :p), but she always struck me as skirting the line of rude behavior quite often.

Last edited:

D_Andreas Sukov

Account Disabled
Media
Thank you!

Im not at fault here at all. Many people posted a reponse about her choice of picking out his skin colour. Where am i subject to scrutiny and no-one else?

Im not going to waste my time trying to sway you. Im not going to go around making sure i can handle her big personality" as not to upset her. She never went around trying not to tread on anyones toes and that was why many people loved her. Why should i now take precaution?

A while back, a thread was started about me. Accusations were made that I was destroying lives. Choices in words that many here felt required a reprimand of sorts. If racial slurs and personal attacks are not tolerated, I can only surmise favor was the deciding factor in no action being taken in my situation. In fact, I know it was.Then you wont mind explaining what you know. Its not the first time ive been told im in the crowd of a moderator on here and it just gets beyond stupid. If you are talking in general, i apoligise, but it looks like you are saying the same to me.

As do i, and no dount she will.

SilverTrain

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I had not developed any sort of relationship with NJ (nee Principessa), but I am sad to see her go over this.

I posted recently in another thread that I felt lpsg was a comparatively well-administered and well-moderated site. However, I've remained a bit aghast that I received a "demerit" (which is still visible on my profile page) for taking part in a night-long mocking of some racial bigots here on lpsg a couple of years ago. I received an "infraction" for "racist remarks" after I mocked a blatant bigot by posting an ironic, satirical batch of blather.

Moderation is an imprecise science to say the least.

My response to "Bette" who had been posting racist shite all night:

http://www.lpsg.org/100545-michelle-obama-4.html#post1679772

Sure, if you read the post in a vacuum it sounded horrible. But context is everything.

Anyway, I wish NJ well.

And the mods, too.

Skull Mason

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
this place is starting to become a joke again (wasn't that what it started as?). It's like high school. There are posters who start countless threads that are way more offensive and or hateful than anything she has posted, except they are veiled and don't overtly use racist terms, they are only implied...does that make it any better?

So if I call someone a honkie do I get banned?

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Folks,

I believe I have figured it out. There was a definite generational and continental disconnect at play. Principessa posted the thread and expressed her pride that Shani Davis a "african american, black, negro, colored,etc" man had won the 1000 meter speed skating race. In the US, because of their history (By the way, it is African American History month here in the US) African Americans have always felt special pride when one of their own distinguished him or herself proudly. As ugly as it may seem usually when someone says an "American" did anything the automatic assumption unless specified is that they are white. This is a privilige that comes with majority. It was stated that he was black. This was special because 1) it was unusual for blacks to be known to excell in winter sports and 2) He won gold and 3)he was American.

It seems that Lemon seeing the reference to Davis' color immediately took umbrage thought it racist and added a somewhat cheeky remark. This was followed by another YOUNG man of American alleged Bi racial decent who expressed his feelings that it was unfortunate that his race was pointed out. Yes it was unfortunate but in a less than ideal world people still see things , pardon the pun, in black and white.

In her first response Principessa mentioned reasons behind all of the things that were mentioned to be offensive. However they did not seem to suffice and another round ensued at which point she exploded and responded in what might be thought to be a less than correct fashion.

It is not right to use such a term but context must be taken into consideration here. SHe felt she was being baited and responded on par with the baiting. All concerned whether done out of malice or not neeeded to step back and actually hear what the other was saying. Unfortunately because of generational and national differences in the way certain things are viewed what could have been cut and dried clearly wasnt.
As Silver Train mentioned , context is all. This would have been a perfect situation for arbitration however the opportunity was missed. No matter the intent the effect was the same.

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
So if I call someone a honkie do I get banned?

Please don't! Please.

In Principessa's case there was discussion and eventually a decision just like always. Whichever way thoughts go on this matter the decision was made and is final. The mod team are not evil and are trying to do the right thing regardless of any individuals personal opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.