Prison Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
I think its sad how little empathy our society has for this tragic abuse. Its so fucked up and wrong, and the funny thing about it is that no one really cares until "whoops!" you're looking at some prison time. Its not a joke, and its anything but funny but we still care so very little.

How do you guys feel?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I think it's a very serious, very prevalent issue that's swept under the carpet and trivialized by tasteless jokes.

I also think this should be in the Et Cetera forum rather than the Sex with a Large Penis forum.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
yeah but then no one would've looked at it. I doubt anyone would argue that prison rape does fit into 'sex with a big penis' anyway.

I think it is the worst thing a person can do to another person. I believe that it is worse than murder, because it takes away the victims sense of humanity. I also believe that it is impossible to control.

It's probably not a popular view, but I completely support the death penalty and if it were up to me, rape would be included as death penalty criteria.

AngelComa

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
Yeah, I do believe that most of the people who run the prison system know about it and accept it because without it, there would be absolute chaos. It gives the prison world a hierarchy and a power system and it keeps them from rioting and over-throwing the gaurds....

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Go to the Department of Justice's web site. Attorney General Holder has reported that when he goes to visit with wardens they tell him they don't have the funds to institute the reforms that were supposed to have been made earlier this year.
It seems to be common lore that many victims don't report their attackers. This is difficult for me to understand. If a guy has been raped, especially gang raped, wouldn't he be ripped apart internally? That won't simply heal on its own. If he has to have medical attention, whether or not he does so voluntarily, wouldn't the staff have to report it? Or, do they simply treat the injuries and look the other way, too.
Something I read on the Huffington Post blog is that most of the attacks are actually perpetrated by prison employees. Is that true?
Groups as far apart as possible are pushing for reforms. James Dobson's Focus on the Family is one group that is pushing this issue the hardest. Apparently the people who perform prison ministries are sounding the alarm! Halleleujah1 and I don't mean this sarcastically.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I read a report that said when there is a prison uprising the first thing that happens to the gaurds is being gang raped. This is supposedly the biggest fear in the minds of those guys.
Talk about poetic justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
The only reason I would disagree with you is because, with new DNA technology, it turns out that we have executed lots of innocent people. It also stands to reason that a decade from now there will be some new technology that will reveal we are now doing the same.
I think the better idea is to have special prisons or sections of a prison for rapists. They can rape each other and leave others alone!
Pedophiles can be thrown in with this group, too!

QUOTE=Coconuts;2973081]I think it is the worst thing a person can do to another person. I believe that it is worse than murder, because it takes away the victims sense of humanity. I also believe that it is impossible to control.

It's probably not a popular view, but I completely support the death penalty and if it were up to me, rape would be included as death penalty criteria.[/QUOTE]

The only reason I would disagree with you is because, with new DNA technology, it turns out that we have executed lots of innocent people. It also stands to reason that a decade from now there will be some new technology that will reveal we are now doing the same.
I think the better idea is to have special prisons or sections of a prison for rapists. They can rape each other and leave others alone!
[/QUOTE]

I am talking about proven cases.

And I think you're joking, but I disagree with your point about special prisons. We have no funding for prisons as it is, and the scenario you describe is indeed torture.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
yeah but then no one would've looked at it. I doubt anyone would argue that prison rape does fit into 'sex with a big penis' anyway.
With that title, I'm sure people would look at it.

Rape is not sex, it's sexual violence.

And what does having a big penis have to do with it?

B_bitchboy

1st Like
Media
if your in jail for being a rapist, you deserve it or even worse a child rapist/killer you should be raped. if its meaningless jail time then its wrong.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
I spent 15 years and 9 months in prison. Rape is real anyone wants to hear the truth pm me.
I'm sorry you've had to endure what I can't even begin to imagine.

I hope you've been able to recover from the experience and put your life together in a positive way.

Best of luck.

bigsmile

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Rape and sexual assault are clearly part of American penology. it is part of the culture created and maintained for purposes of control by guards and prison authorities. Further, far too many Americans believe that it is a deserved "value added" additional punishment for all who are in prison.

MarkLondon

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Rape and sexual assault are clearly part of American penology. it is part of the culture created and maintained for purposes of control by guards and prison authorities. Further, far too many Americans believe that it is a deserved "value added" additional punishment for all who are in prison.

Yes, it seems to be part of the vengance and retribution that are such prominent (and popular) features of the US justice system.

In the UK we mostly regard incarceration and deprivation of liberty as punishment enough in itself. Although not enough is actually done, we do have some ethos of rehabilitation in our prison system.

We have jokes about dropping the soap in the showers, but that's about as far as it goes in the public imagination.

Maybe this should be in the Politics Forum?

Last edited:

Capitolhillguy

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I spoke with my friend today who is a counselor with the VA and M/M rape is also a big problem in the military. The perpetrator is almost always straight and it is a dominance as opposed to being a sex thing. Short, smaller guys have the greatest danger of encountering this.

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
I read a report that said when there is a prison uprising the first thing that happens to the gaurds is being gang raped. This is supposedly the biggest fear in the minds of those guys.
Talk about poetic justice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, but what exactly poetic or just about a prison guard being raped by an inmate?

Where I'm from they do have special prisons / units within prisons for sex offenders. As far as I can work out it is not the sex offenders who rape other inmates in prison. I'm sure it happens, but that is not the general way of things. As I understand it it is violent offenders, such as but not limited to gang members, who practise rape in prison as a means of exercising control through fear and intimidation.

The idea that a rapist should be raped as part of the punishment for the crime is as abhorrent to me as the death sentence.

'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.' - Gandhi (et al)

Prisoners should be rehabilitated not brutalised, and if they can't be rehabilitated they should be contained civilly. Violence begets violence - brutalising people, whether with governmental / legal blessing or not only serves to make them more brutal themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.