Prison Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I became a moderator like a couple of weeks ago. And instead of making wild presumptions about me on that basis you might have bothered to read my other posts in this thread. Accusing me of doing rape victims a disservice was a nice touch too. :rolleyes:

Arrogance much?

GO BACK AND READ MY APOLOGY! If you are going to be a moderator you've gotta develop a thicker skin. You also have to avoid interpreting comments in a way that supports your hysteria.
It seems that you may be baiting me into something that will warrant me being banned! I refuse to take the bait.

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
GO BACK AND READ MY APOLOGY! If you are going to be a moderator you've gotta develop a thicker skin. You also have to avoid interpreting comments in a way that supports your hysteria.
It seems that you may be baiting me into something that will warrant me being banned! I refuse to take the bait.

Yawn. Paranoid too. :rolleyes:

D_Gunther Snotpole

Account Disabled
Media
I'm also opposed to segregating former law enforcement people when they are convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison. Yes, I know they are in danger if in the general population but giving them preferential treatment is a crime in itself.

It is preferential treatment to make sure they don't have a hawt date with a shiv?

Most of them have little sympathy or compassion for criminals they've sent to prison. Moreover, they should be held to a much higher standard than other people. If you can't do the time, don't do the crime. Don't they use that little ditty when talking about "real" criminals?

Well, they do do the time. What does that phrase have to do with the question of whether they should or should not do their time in segregation?
"Real" criminals are often kept out of the general prison population when they're considered under threat.

Don't they also joke about inmates being raped?

Do some? I don't doubt it.
Do most? Or all?
And how would you know?

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
Congrats on stepping up to one of the thankless jobs around here, hilaire. I was surprised to see your shiny mod badge.
I was delighted. Surely a great addition to the team. I hope his shiny badge is a gold star.

Oh, my lord. Yes, Hilly is well known for his hysteria. :rolleyes:

p.s. If that were true, which of course it's not, I'd say you're baiting and setting yourself up, mah friend.

Last edited:

helgaleena

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have no statistics on the victims of catholic priest pedophiles, but they are just a small fraction of the actual number of pedophiles in the human race. From loved ones I have heard that once convicted, pedophiles are especially reviled by other prisoners though. They often must be placed in solitary for their own safety.

Child abusers target female children twice as often fwiw.

http://www.rainn.org/

Last edited:

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Once I heard a gay speaker list the percentage of crimes that are committed by heterosexuals.
For every evil act allegedly perpetrated by homosexuals she provided the percentage of gay vs straight perps.
Of course, everyone knows that 90% or more of the population is straight, therefore, it doesn't take a very smart person to realize that since there are many more heterosexuals, therefore, they are going to have higher numbers.
At that time anti-gay hysteria was really fanning the flames and the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells were scaring people shitless. Speaking of shit they were claiming that the average gay man ate several pounds of shit per year!!!!
Members of Congress were mailed a VHS documenting the threat posed by "The Gay Agenda".

Her conclusion was the heterosexuals are a threat to society.
The numbers proved her contentions!

I've also heard that the real scandal for the Catholics is the number of abortions resulting from priests and nuns (not with each other) breaking their vows.

I have no statistics on the victims of catholic priest pedophiles, but they are just a small fraction of the actual number of pedophiles in the human race. From loved ones I have heard that once convicted, pedophiles are especially reviled by other prisoners though. They often must be placed in solitary for their own safety.

Child abusers target female children twice as often fwiw.

RAINN Needs YOUR vote!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
According to a very good friend (who is now back in prison) the actual occurrence of prison rape is frequent - none. Whatever one may think of the nations prison population the ethics within are pretty straight forward regarding child-molesters, snitches, and rapists, they either PC up or get stabbed. There are more than enough guys within who are WILLING to service someone who wants it, that there is no reason to try and force it to happen. This info comes from my "brother" who has been locked up from age 14 - 32. We have engaged in just fuckin around (j/o together, hand job), so i know it isn't a question of his being ashamed to tell me if he'd done something, and his a BIG BOY and i don't think that anyone was "forcing him".[/QUOTE]

I thought the subject of incest was verboten!

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I was delighted. Surely a great addition to the team. I hope his shiny badge is a gold star.

Oh, my lord. Yes, Hilly is well known for his hysteria. :rolleyes:

p.s. If that were true, which of course it's not, I'd say you're baiting and setting yourself up, mah friend.

Seems other members have personal experience of your bad behaviour.

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
How does one become a moderator? How many are there?
You just have to sleep with the right people! But I am a bad fuck, so I doubt I`ll ever be a moderator! :biggrin1:
On a serious note I have seen Vince and Hilaire (new mods) jump in a thread (probably in the behalf of the whole team) and stopped it from developing into something really ugly. In the past a mod would have done it occasionally. Now it`s more frequent. And I actually like it. Not only does it stop the above mentioned, I also think that it could give a better insight into why a certain member is banned (if banned).
The list of moderators can be found here.

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I thought the subject of incest was verboten!

Easy up cowboy... "brother" has been put in inverted commas and parenthesized...this is obviously ebonics at play thereby giving 'brother' definition other than biological family member...Besides, his anecdote starts with "according to a very good friend"

Glad i could clear that up and apologies if you were actually being deliberately obtuse and vaguely facetious.

"i love sam_solo26" ....he ain't heavy....he's my BROTHER!!!!

HeavyNutz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Diffrent facilities have vastly different rates of it. Also prisoners dont have the right to consent so all sexual activity is listed as rape. This greatly inflates the statistics.

Also victims families have an emotional need to picture the perpatrator getting raped.

Teachers who are institutionalising students love to threaten future prison rape as an innevitability if you dont straighten up and fly right. This is the Basis of the "scared straight" program.

Its like america can't legally torture people to get compliance so they put the victim into a situation where they will be tortured by a third party to force them to submit.

MalakingTiti

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Humans are sexual beings. When you lock up men, especially young, angry, resentful, agressive, socially inept men for long periods of time with no access to women, in a jungle type environment where a subcultural social food chain is established wherein upon entry you are instantly categorized in terms of where you fall within that predator/prey chain, what do you think will happen?

There is nothing that can be done to stop prison rape. I don't care how much money is thrown at it. As long as there are prisons, there will be prison rape. The only sollution is, if you don't want to be raped in prison, mind your business, obey the law, and don't end up there.

Last edited:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
Humans are sexual beings. When you lock up men, especially young, angry, resentful, agressive, socially inept men for long periods of time with no access to women, in a jungle type environment where a subcultural social food chain is established wherein upon entry you are instantly categorized in terms of where you fall within that predator/prey chain, what do you think will happen?

There is nothing that can be done to stop prison rape. I don't care how much money is thrown at it. As long as there are prisons, there will be prison rape. The only sollution is, if you don't want to be raped in prison, my your business, obey the law, and don't end up there.

So are you saying that nothing should be done to try to prevent it? Even if such measures reduced the instances of prison rape? Surely fewer prison rapes would be preferable no? Even if rape in prison can't be completely stopped.

Hoss

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight

There is nothing that can be done to stop prison rape. I don't care how much money is thrown at it. As long as there are prisons, there will be prison rape. The only sollution is, if you don't want to be raped in prison, mind your business, obey the law, and don't end up there.
Nothing can be done? Things can be done, maybe it won't prevent all rapes but iif it can be reduced isn't that a good start instead of the negative 'nothing can be done' approach?

Your solution, while on the surface is pretty to look at is sadly flawed. Saying that "mind your business, obey the law, and don't end up there" neglects the statistics which show men and women being arrested and put in jails for crimes they didn't do. Some are announced innocent at trial others sit in jails for years and then ta da!!! evidence, witness, DNA comes along showing they were innocent all along. Not everyone in the prisons is guilty.

Imagine a man being arrested for having molested a child or killing a well loved person. He proclaims his innocence, he is thrown into general population where the inmates have a run at the perv. Guards despise the guy and turn a blind eye. Unable to afford the bail, he has to wait until his trial, beaten and raped several times along the way.

Possible outcomes:
1: after 5 months or more evidence shows up and he is released. The man has already been raped and beaten.
2: another convict is arrested and confesses, he even knows details of the crime that were never released, the innocent man is then released. The man has already been raped and beaten.
3:At trial, the prosecution fails to prove their case, the jury declares the man innocent (remember, in the case I am giving here, he is iinnocent) years later it's proven he really was innocent. The man has already been raped and beaten.
4:At triial the man is declared guilty after the jury votes him as guilty. He is sentenced to 25 years to life, all whiile saying he's innocent. 20 years in, new evidence surfaces and it's found the man really was innocent. He has already been raped and beaten and picked up Hep-C and HIV from 1 of those rapes.

People are constantly wrongly arrested and convicted and subjected to the terrors of the prisons before being proven innocent, so don't say that being a goody goody will keep a person from having these things happen to them. It reduces those chances, doesn't eliminate them.

Check out the sad case of Ron Williamson arrested, convicted and Williamson placed on death row in Oklahoma where he sat for years before he was exonerated. During that time, he had mental problems, the jailers tampered with his drug dosages so in court he would either be lethargic or he would be antagonistic. Along with hiim, also wrongly convicted was Dennis Fritz.

Check out the Innocene Project at The Innocence Project - Home and read about wrongly convicted persons.

Check out the Justice Project at Increasing Fairness and Accuracy in the Criminal Justice System - The Justice Project

Remember these people the next time you say that just obeying the law will keep your ass safe from prison time and prison rape,

We miss you Ronnie

luka82

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Prison is a controled enviroment, there is planty that could be done.

cece

Legendary Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It is so ironic that the prison serves as a place where law and justice is served, yet there's little law and justice there, especially when it comes to sexual crimes. I feel sorry for any woman or man who is raped in prison. Rape is rape - it's a violation of the human body and just because someone committed a crime and was sent to prison, he/she does not deserve to be subjected to sexual violence. Sadly, prisons are overcrowded and are not getting enough funds, and because the prisoners are often seen as the cesspool of society, they are largely ignored and forgotten. It's quite tragic. I don't know how any criminal can be rehabilitated in the current prison system.

Status
Not open for further replies.