Prison Rape

Status
Not open for further replies.

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Sorry, but what exactly poetic or just about a prison guard being raped by an inmate?

Where I'm from they do have special prisons / units within prisons for sex offenders. As far as I can work out it is not the sex offenders who rape other inmates in prison. I'm sure it happens, but that is not the general way of things. As I understand it it is violent offenders, such as but not limited to gang members, who practise rape in prison as a means of exercising control through fear and intimidation.

The idea that a rapist should be raped as part of the punishment for the crime is as abhorrent to me as the death sentence.

'An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.' - Gandhi (et al)

Prisoners should be rehabilitated not brutalised, and if they can't be rehabilitated they should be contained civilly. Violence begets violence - brutalising people, whether with governmental / legal blessing or not only serves to make them more brutal themselves.
Marry me?

arkfarmbear

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
If my information is correct county jails are even more dangerous than prisons. Many innocent kids end up getting locked up for the night or week-end and they are attacked.
Jail officials blame the victim for getting into a fight.
There is one school of thought that encourages parents to let their kid spend a night in jail to teach them a lesson.

Those who work in the system will quickly warn against this version of "tough love".
I base these comments on personal interaction with both those in charge and those victimized. If you doubt me, go to your local church and volunteer to serve on their jail ministry program. Most people decide, after 1 visit, that God is calling them to "serve" in another capacity. Seeing the conditions first-hand challenges their long-held notions about how things work in the US.
I get tired of people calling the US legal system a "justice system". It is not a justice system and never has been. People choose to remain ignorant about how pitiful things are.

Reactions: prisonpunk

ManlyBanisters

Sexy Member
Media
Fine...but he has to use his own mower. Mine's used for cutting grass only...no way I'm cleaning up the mess after it's used on a bush. :tongue:

You'll be in no fit state to clean your own genitals off a mower, I expect, so I reckon he'll have no choice. I'll send you a get well card... :tongue:

Can I be ring-bearer?

Why not - it's not like you've never bared your ring before, is it? :biggrin1:

HazelGod

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
You'll be in no fit state to clean your own genitals off a mower, I expect, so I reckon he'll have no choice. I'll send you a get well card... :tongue:
Oh, it was mine being run over?

In that case, he definitely has to use his own mower...and I hope it's under warranty.
:biggrin1:

blackguy1

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Once I heard a gay speaker list the percentage of crimes that are committed by heterosexuals.
For every evil act allegedly perpetrated by homosexuals she provided the percentage of gay vs straight perps.
Of course, everyone knows that 90% or more of the population is straight, therefore, it doesn't take a very smart person to realize that since there are many more heterosexuals, therefore, they are going to have higher numbers.
At that time anti-gay hysteria was really fanning the flames and the Pat Robertsons and Jerry Falwells were scaring people shitless. Speaking of shit they were claiming that the average gay man ate several pounds of shit per year!!!!
Members of Congress were mailed a VHS documenting the threat posed by "The Gay Agenda".

Her conclusion was the heterosexuals are a threat to society.
The numbers proved her contentions!

I've also heard that the real scandal for the Catholics is the number of abortions resulting from priests and nuns (not with each other) breaking their vows.

But if a straight guy rapes another man doesnt he join the gay percentage

Bbucko

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Ok then. What? I'm all ears.

This is actually an ongoing topic of concern at Andrew Sullivan's blog. It seems that the only way of truly preventing prison rape is an especially horrific type of solitary confinement. It sounds about as brutal and inhumane as anything can be.

Here's another way change can happen:

[C]onsider the case of Scott Howard. Scott was a gay, non-violent, first-time inmate in a Colorado prison when he was targeted by members of the “2-11 crew,” a white supremacist gang with over 1,000 members in prisons throughout the state. For two years he was forced into prostitution by the gang’s leaders, repeatedly raped and made to perform oral sex. Even after he told prison staff that he was being raped and needed protection from the gang, Scott was told that nothing could be done unless he named his abusers—even though they had threatened to kill him if he did.

Scott had a civil lawsuit settled in his favor recently, winning financial damages and seventeen policy changes that will now become mandatory in the Colorado prison system. Otherwise, however, nothing about his story is unusual.

maxcok

Expert Member
Media
There are two presumptions at work here that may be false.

#1: All people fall into either a gay or straight category with no room in the middle.

#2: The rape is performed to satisfy desire/attraction, rather than simply a commission of a brutal violent act.

curioustitan

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
I might be over-simplifying things here... but would chemical castration serve as a rape deterrent?
And if so... is that not possibly the most humane way forward?
Just a thought...

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media

No. Rape is an act of violence, not an expression of sexual desire or attraction. Comparing rape to homosexuality is so unbelievably offensive it beggars belief.

Situational homosexuallity in which men consent to have sex with eachother occurs in prison, this is an entirely different phenomenon to rape in prison.

:rolleyes:

D_Tim McGnaw

Account Disabled
Media
I might be over-simplifying things here... but would chemical castration serve as a rape deterrent?
And if so... is that not possibly the most humane way forward?
Just a thought...

In the fifties and after I think Bromide was used in British prisons, perhaps elsewhere too, administered in tea and other beverages without inmate consent, it suppressed sexual urges among other things. It wouldn't be legal to do this anymore, since it would be a violation of human and civil rights in EU countries.

HeavyNutz

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
While I fully belive that rape may be common in certain Lockups and fairly common at most others I dont think its quite as common as its been made out here. I mean some guards are proffesionals. Some prisoners just want to do their time. We know it goes on. We should also know numbers are exagerated.

Status
Not open for further replies.