Prisoner Cell Block H!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by eddyabs, Sep 5, 2009.

1. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:
    Any fans out there? I used to stay up late and watch this show, dodgy sets, a whole bunch of sheilas, brilliantly written characters....and a truly addictive storyline....best Ozzie soap ever!

Prisoner Wiki

Prisoner Fan Club

Davey and I can't be the here...surely? :tongue:

2. B_stanmarsh14

B_stanmarsh14 New Member

Good old Vinegar Tits :)

Always at 2 /3am on ITV Central, along with The Hitman And Her, and James Whale..... some fantastic TV to be had in those hours.

Believe I have Prisoner's theme tune here, by Lynne Hamilton - On The Inside

3. eddyabs

Gold Member

Albums:

Ah fantastic, I knew that had to be at least one out there!!! And the Hitman and Her...awesome, James Whale was great also!! Thanks for the memories mate!

4. D_alex8

D_alex8 Member

Tsk, what a claim!

Prisoner was always far too butch for me. I was more of a Sons and Daughters kinda guy. :cool:

YouTube - Sons and Daughters Pamela and Alison clash

The earliest memory I have of my mother crying uncontrollably is actually from right after she watched the very last episode :rolleyes:, and I can only have been 8 or 9 at the time.

Quite a lot of the same incidental music pops up in Prisoner and S&D, though, as well as several performers making appearances in both shows.

*sigh*

And then, of course, there was Danny Roberts...strange how he stayed in my memory all these years. :rolleyes:

OK, back to your cell block-based nostalgia. :tongue:

5. B_mitchymo

B_mitchymo New Member

I used to love watching that too, my dad let me stay up late to watch it and i loved it.

'The Freak' was one of my favourite characters because as hard a nut she was there were a few moments where i felt really sorry for her like when someone poisoned her doberman.

6. Northland

Gold Member

I remember a number of years back, this was scheduled to come to late night television here in New York on channel 11 (back then it was WPIX and still a decent station). I had seen the advertising commercials for it and was immediately interested. Women in prison? Oh such bliss! Finally, I'd know where to locate them.

Seriously, I found the idea quite intriguing as most prison stories tended to involve men. Some men were meek and some were brutish; but that was the limited scope of how prisons and their inmates were portrayed in movies and on television(Vic Morrow - The Glass House): . Here, with Prisoner... there was what seemed to be a new foray into the genre of both soap operas/serials/stories and prison life.

Having seen the ads; I made it a point to be home in time for the first episode (I may have even missed work that night). I was instantly hooked and stayed with the program even when it got shifted from 11:30-P.M. to 1 in the morning. Sadly, it was eventually canceled here and has not been seen again; however I still recall the show and the wonderfully crafted characters and storylines.

More on the show: Prisoner Cell Block H - Who's Who in Wentworth

And of course the music: YouTube - Prisoner Lynne Hamilton On The Inside (Full Version)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice