Prisoner Cell Block H!

B_stanmarsh14

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
Good old Vinegar Tits :)

Always at 2 /3am on ITV Central, along with The Hitman And Her, and James Whale..... some fantastic TV to be had in those hours.

Believe I have Prisoner's theme tune here, by Lynne Hamilton - On The Inside

eddyabs

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Good old Vinegar Tits :)

Always at 2 /3am on ITV Central, along with The Hitman And Her, and James Whale..... some fantastic TV to be had in those hours.

Believe I have Prisoner's theme tune here, by Lynne Hamilton - On The Inside

Ah fantastic, I knew that had to be at least one out there!!! And the Hitman and Her...awesome, James Whale was great also!! Thanks for the memories mate!

D_alex8

Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
...best Ozzie soap ever!

Tsk, what a claim!

Prisoner was always far too butch for me. I was more of a Sons and Daughters kinda guy. :cool:

YouTube - Sons and Daughters Pamela and Alison clash

The earliest memory I have of my mother crying uncontrollably is actually from right after she watched the very last episode :rolleyes:, and I can only have been 8 or 9 at the time.

Quite a lot of the same incidental music pops up in Prisoner and S&D, though, as well as several performers making appearances in both shows.

*sigh*

And then, of course, there was Danny Roberts...strange how he stayed in my memory all these years. :rolleyes:

OK, back to your cell block-based nostalgia. :tongue:

mitchymo

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I used to love watching that too, my dad let me stay up late to watch it and i loved it.

'The Freak' was one of my favourite characters because as hard a nut she was there were a few moments where i felt really sorry for her like when someone poisoned her doberman.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Any fans out there? I used to stay up late and watch this show, dodgy sets, a whole bunch of sheilas, brilliantly written characters....and a truly addictive storyline....best Ozzie soap ever!

Prisoner Wiki

Prisoner Fan Club

Davey and I can't be the only fans here...surely? :tongue:
I remember a number of years back, this was scheduled to come to late night television here in New York on channel 11 (back then it was WPIX and still a decent station). I had seen the advertising commercials for it and was immediately interested. Women in prison? Oh such bliss! Finally, I'd know where to locate them.

Seriously, I found the idea quite intriguing as most prison stories tended to involve men. Some men were meek and some were brutish; but that was the limited scope of how prisons and their inmates were portrayed in movies and on television(Vic Morrow - The Glass House): . Here, with Prisoner... there was what seemed to be a new foray into the genre of both soap operas/serials/stories and prison life.

Having seen the ads; I made it a point to be home in time for the first episode (I may have even missed work that night). I was instantly hooked and stayed with the program even when it got shifted from 11:30-P.M. to 1 in the morning. Sadly, it was eventually canceled here and has not been seen again; however I still recall the show and the wonderfully crafted characters and storylines.

More on the show: Prisoner Cell Block H - Who's Who in Wentworth

And of course the music: YouTube - Prisoner Lynne Hamilton On The Inside (Full Version)