Prisoner Penpal

D

deleted142346

I just stumbled upon a prisoner penpal site and was suddenly thrilled with writing a kinda hot person in for larceny. Anyone ever corresponded with someone behind bars? What do you think of the idea?

invisibleman

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Ummm. No. I wouldn't correspond with a prisoner as a pen pal. That is sooo Craigslist.

But I would fantasize and write about the possibilities. And be satisfied with that.

bek2335

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Very bad idea, unless you're looking for the potential to really screw up your life. There are plenty of attractive people who are not criminals. Perhaps you should consider what it is about you that you would find that idea to be appealing.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I just stumbled upon a prisoner penpal site and was suddenly thrilled with writing a kinda hot person in for larceny. Anyone ever corresponded with someone behind bars?
HELL NO!!!
What do you think of the idea?[/QUOTE] I think you are F'g nuts! :irked: You probably have low self-esteem or at the very least abandonment and trust issues. Hence your desire to become involved with someone who you know isn't going anywhere. :rolleyes:

D

deleted142346

Awesome responses, particularly the psychological characterization. A friend of mine has done volunteer work as a librarian in a prison -- are they also deficient or crazy? We all exist in prisons of our own reality. Of course, there are people who have done awful things and deserve punishment, and shunning is a powerful one But then there's the chance of redemption and human kindness -- and not everyone behind bars is a murderer. Is relying on the state to squirrel people away in cages with the fellow criminal element enough? Out of sight, out of mind...

nudeyorker

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Awesome responses, particularly the psychological characterization. A friend of mine has done volunteer work as a librarian in a prison -- are they also deficient or crazy? We all exist in prisons of our own reality. Of course, there are people who have done awful things and deserve punishment, and shunning is a powerful one But then there's the chance of redemption and human kindness -- and not everyone behind bars is a murderer. Is relying on the state to squirrel people away in cages with the fellow criminal element enough? Out of sight, out of mind...

I agree with what you are saying, I also agree with what has already been posted in regard to your question. I visit Rikers Prison about once a month to work with the soon to be paroled to review their rights and explain the legal process during their parole. Meanwhile these people do not know where I live or have any personal information about me. If you do decide to do this I would suggest that you get a PO Box so that your address remains private and would suggest that you do not send money to anyone. There are many very lonely people in prison who due to circumstances do not have anyone to correspond with and your willingness to reach out to them is admirable. However make sure you are doing it for the right reasons and not some fantasy thrill. Above all protect your privacy for your own safety.

Pitbull

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Vizzerred

You have interesting thoughts and perspectives and even an intellect.

Some days - "Hot Women Prisoners" seems like a great idea.
Others it is a "What the Fuck was I thinking?"

Complex - very complex.
They are fellow humans.
They have had a fault exposed.
Are they sorry or playing you?

The very pessimistic view is that a large percentage of the people out here are just more talented at avoiding getting caught and they pose a bigger risk but the dark most pessimestic thought is does it matter? Most likely get screwed.
(Just had major trust broken so I can't find my rose colored glasses today)

But more than other dating sites - the folks there are using very outdated pictures.
The "hot" person you are responding to might be a "formerly hot" person.

thadjock

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
do you think every male inmate has been raped by or has raped another inmate?

it's probably a hard statistic to compile based on the victims reluctance to report or admit to.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Having a prisoner penpal could actually be very interesting. It'd be like having a normal penpal except they'd have a lot more time to respond sooner :tongue:. Also, it'd be great for those people. It can do wonders to a person knowing that they have at least one person in the world who seemingly cares about them. You don't have to get too personal, but merely taking the time to write to them would most likely mean a lot.

So they can come out of jail and murder you.

You're assuming every person in prison is some kind of convicted murderer. It's very unfair to prejudge and generalize a group of people like that. It's ignorant and intolerant, and isn't any less worse than being a homophobe or a misogynist. There are different circumstances to every situation and many of these people could have been incarcerated for a simple misdemeanour. For example, a person could be incarcerated for drug possession, would you still presume them to be an axe-wielding murderer? Especially considering your past with drugs, you're no better than some of these people in prison. This isn't meant to be a personal attack, I'm just trying to show you why it was wrong of you to be so quick to judge.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media
You're assuming every person in prison is some kind of convicted murderer. It's very unfair to prejudge and generalize a group of people like that. It's ignorant and intolerant, and isn't any less worse than being a homophobe or a misogynist. There are different circumstances to every situation and many of these people could have been incarcerated for a simple misdemeanour. For example, a person could be incarcerated for drug possession, would you still presume them to be an axe-wielding murderer? Especially considering your past with drugs, you're no better than some of these people in prison. This isn't meant to be a personal attack, I'm just trying to show you why it was wrong of you to be so quick to judge.
Fuck you. The difference is.. I didn't get caught. So yes, I am better than them. There is no "good reason" for people to be in jail, they failed to follow rules or worse. I judge because I'm human. I wouldn't want you near me if you were once in jail either. Sorry, I'm above that.

Oh that wasn't a personal attack... :rolleyes:

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Fuck you. The difference is.. I didn't get caught. So yes, I am better than them. There is no "good reason" for people to be in jail, they failed to follow rules or worse. I judge because I'm human. I wouldn't want you near me if you were once in jail either. Sorry, I'm above that.

Oh that wasn't a personal attack... :rolleyes:

Stopped taking you seriously there.
And no one said there was a "good reason" for people to be in jail, but some reasons are more justifiable than others.

Very classy by the way.

DiscoBoy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
can prisoners use a computer to send personal email from prison?

According to the link Pitbull posted, "Male and female inmates do not have access to a computer or the Internet so all correspondence will be through the U.S. Mail."

laughatbig

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I did it once and i advice against it. You write anything private to them and sometimes they get attached and want to come find you when they are let go. If you decide to penpal with a prisoner use a po box.

Northland

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just stumbled upon a prisoner penpal site and was suddenly thrilled with writing a kinda hot person in for larceny. Anyone ever corresponded with someone behind bars? What do you think of the idea?
If you decide to do this, make sure your correspondence is routed through a post office box number on your end. Do not give them your home address.

So, you are considering writing to Bernie Madoff?