Private messages

stud_hunter

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't use PM too much but I do from time to time. Unfortunately most of the PMs I get are from guys I don't know, bragging about their cock size or sexual abilities. If someone PMs me about a post they want to chat more about, I usually respond if they don't seem too angry or slimy. And of course there are those PMs between members of the small female LPSG community, and those are mostly about supporting each other, the occasional bragging about a good lay :biggrin1: , and sharing the occasional tip about, errr, stuff :biggrin1: .

D_Martin van Burden

Account Disabled
Media
To be fair, though, I think you shouldn't be afraid to contact someone if you like what they've shared in a post or if you're complimenting them in a less-than-lewd kinda way. I take what I can get. If you say "nice cock," I'll type back "thanks" out of courtesy (at least some of the time). Unless you've got something more to share with the class, I'll just leave it at that.

I think people are open to a conversation, wherever it happens, so long as you're willing to do your half of it. I know I've sent PMs in the past that went unanswered, and I didn't feel insulted by it. For whatever reason, they choose not to respond and I can't force 'em. But hey, that's just one less person for me to keep up with, right?

AlteredEgo

Mythical Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I like PMs. I use them often. Some topics are not cool for strangers to approach me with. Some questions should not be asked. I hate to be asked if I like big dicks, and since the answer is "not neccesarily" I hate when the asker goes on and on about his big dick. This gets him nowhere good. I usually get rid of those guys by telling them we can continue the conversation after my fees have been paid to my paypal account. They never pay the fees....

SurferGirlCA

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
that_other_guy said:
I pm alot ... and usually it is not about my penis/ass ... although those do come up ... most of the time my pm's are heavily laced with innuendo but, not directly dealing with sexual things ... :rolleyes:
Heavily laced and corseted, I've been told. :yup:

dolf250

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Most of what can be said on the subject already has. I send a few PM's and I receive a few PM's and with one exception I have appreciated all of the unsolicited PM's that I have received. They allow us to send thoughts when we do not want/need comments on from the rest of the board.

I do not think that starting a conversation with somebody necessarily makes anybody come off as a “perv.” I would just watch the content, who you are sending it to, and if you know them from the board (or even have a question/comment from one of their posts.) If you send me a PM asking to see a nude pic you may not care for the response, but if it is constructive then there is no harm in it.

As to the sig lines warning off stalkers- they come from certain members receiving a hundred PM's a day with nothing to say from people who have never posted on the board.

MASSIVEPKGO_CHUCK

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
COLJohn said:
PM's provide a way for people to get to know one another on a personal level that doesn't occur on the threads. If members don't want to PM. they can state that in their profiles. I have been impressed that few members abuse PM. IMO, it's an invaluable feature of the site, providing it with the means to be more than just a hook-up site.

Well, in some respects for me, there, John, some people have combined the two by posting my PM's to their threads elsewhere. I won't mention who mind you but you get the gist. There are very few people I wish to PM here that I know won't disrespect & negate the idea/concept of it, so I limit myself to a select few.