Private Messages

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
This just in... SpoiledPrincess I think was being harassed by the same guy... lets all point and laugh...

Huntacting
Hi you don't know me but my name is Brett. I saw your profile here on LPSG and I thought you were really cute. I can only see the pictures a little bit without having to upgrade my account. I was wondering since you were willng to be nude on the internet, can u send me a personal nude picture of yourself? You don't have to do this, I'm just a lonely straight guy whose never had a girlfriend. My email is brettcomedy@yahoo.com. Thanks for your time.

I know i'll probably get negative feedback about saying this but anyway..

Actually first i should say, ive had nothing to do with the guy and he does sound like a complete moron, and i can understand you ladies being pissed off at him but still.However i do somewhat think its wrong that you post the message he left you. Sure tell us in gist what was said but showing a little confidentiality for others (even for the rude) is polite and tactfu
l.

Sorry if it seems i picked you in particular, you were just the rxample i found..Nothing personal

dong20

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response

Actually first i should say, ive had nothing to do with the guy and he does sound like a complete moron, and i can understand you ladies being pissed off at him but still.However i do somewhat think its wrong that you post the message he left you. Sure tell us in gist what was said but showing a little confidentiality for others (even for the rude) is polite and tactful.

Sorry if it seems i picked you in particular, you were just the rxample i found..Nothing personal

No-one will give you negative feedback for expressing your opinion (only said opinion). At least no-one worth worrying about.:smile:

I kind of agree with you, it's easier to delete and ignore and idiots aren't worth the time ior energy but then I don't get plagued by the moronic PM's like I'm sure many women here do so it's easy for me to say.

It must get to the point when you want to scream so I suppose if outing the morons works for you go with it. Maybe changing the title from Private Message to say merely Message may reduce any misconception that such messages may be treated by parties as well, private.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm guessing that most of the guys that frequent LPSG don't walk up to complete strangers in public and beg for nude images, so why would one assume that this behaviour suddenly becomes appropriate in this forum? Whether in PM's or in the open room, it's easy to pick out those individuals with little or no relationship experience, and very little hands-on interaction with women in general. These people seem to think that women are mindless, drooling sperm receptacles who are dying to assist them in shooting their load. Guess what guys? Women have the same interests as we do......politics, cars, film, and yes....SEX. I know that this site is very sexually charged, but that doesn't give you the right to invade someones very personal space with sophomoric musings and requests.

Try being positive, complimentary, and respectful to women (and men for that matter) in your postings and PM's and you may find that the amount of female-to-male communication increases.

naughty

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm guessing that most of the guys that frequent LPSG don't walk up to complete strangers in public and beg for nude images, so why would one assume that this behaviour suddenly becomes appropriate in this forum? Whether in PM's or in the open room, it's easy to pick out those individuals with little or no relationship experience, and very little hands-on interaction with women in general. These people seem to think that women are mindless, drooling sperm receptacles who are dying to assist them in shooting their load. Guess what guys? Women have the same interests as we do......politics, cars, film, and yes....SEX. I know that this site is very sexually charged, but that doesn't give you the right to invade someones very personal space with sophomoric musings and requests.

Try being positive, complimentary, and respectful to women (and men for that matter) in your postings and PM's and you may find that the amount of female-to-male communication increases.

Well said. Thank you.

B_Think_Kink

Sexy Member
Media

Actually first i should say, ive had nothing to do with the guy and he does sound like a complete moron, and i can understand you ladies being pissed off at him but still.However i do somewhat think its wrong that you post the message he left you. Sure tell us in gist what was said but showing a little confidentiality for others (even for the rude) is polite and tactful.

I'm not mad... I'm just unresponsive to the matter... I don't really care I guess.. he's a multiaccount user by the email adress he has provided...

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
This is weird.

I'm guessing that most of the guys that frequent LPSG don't walk up to complete strangers in public and beg for nude images, so why would one assume that this behaviour suddenly becomes appropriate in this forum?

LPSG isn't much like day-to-day life. I don't walk up to strangers in public and tell them that I have a crank which can leap tall buildings in a single bound, either. But that's not exactly an outre statement here.

Whether in PM's or in the open room, it's easy to pick out those individuals with little or no relationship experience, and very little hands-on interaction with women in general.
My own biography would never be confused with The Life and Loves of Casanova. In a very real, though only relative, sense, that means that I have little relationship experience. And so what? Even a bon-vivant would agree that everybody has to start somewhere. By itself, being a minor leaguer ain't no crime.

These people seem to think that women are mindless, drooling sperm receptacles who are dying to assist them in shooting their load. Guess what guys? Women have the same interests as we do......politics, cars, film, and yes....SEX. I know that this site is very sexually charged, but that doesn't give you the right to invade someones very personal space with sophomoric musings and requests.
Somebody's reading an awful lot into some rather terse messages. I don't see it. A poetic fragment like "cam me, bitch" has, I'd say, a certain sparse elegance.

On the other hand, "fat whore" isn't much on which to base a literary reputation.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I wasn't trying to chastise anyone for having a lack or relationship experience Big D. I was merely saying that being ignorant and aggressive in an attempt to mask your experience level isn't acceptable to most people. As far as you mentioning what's considered an "outre" statement in here, I agree whole heartedly that waving a flag and shouting that you have a massive boner is part and parcel of what LPSG is about. I guess I see a big difference between making a statement about your penis as opposed to sending begging, insidious requests to "cam me, bitch", as you so eloquently phrased it.

SpoiledPrincess

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
First I'd like to say 99% of the men on here are cool and respectful to us.

Personally I wouldn't name someone who had sent me an offensive pm, however what this guy said to be was said in the room. After repeatedly telling me I was hot, he hassled me for photos sent to his email (when I said no he questioned why as if he had some right to an explanation) to such an extent that a few people in the room had asked me in prv was I ok, he then called me a whore and left the room.

In reply to Big Dreamer Big Dirigible said he seemed to be reading quite a lot into some terse messages, however the opinion of some guys on here is that the women on here are on here to amuse them, if we don't cyber or drool over their big (or alleged big dick) to order we suddenly become fucking bitches/sluts/whores and they often hide behind the anonymity of privacy knowing their behaviour isn't acceptable. These types often go down the room list sending the same message to every female name they see so if they've behaved offensively to one of us they're very likely to have done it to a few of us.

It might not be the real world, it is not however a place where any guy can come and use us as a verbal punchbag knowing his behaviour will be consequence free.

Any guy who sends an offensive pm should be aware that pm's aren't bound by some confidentiality clause and if you act like an arsehole it's quite likely that your behaviour will be exposed.

DC_DEEP

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I should point out that, while it does not specifically say it in the ToS, on this forum the "private" in private message refers only to the sending - as opposed to posting publicly. It is sent privately, but becomes the property of the receiver once it is sent, to do with as she pleases.

It's a bit like sending something by first class mail - once sealed, stamped, and posted, no one may (legally) open and read a letter, except the addressee. However, once I have received a letter addressed to me, it is my right to tack that letter to a bulletin board for all to read, if I choose to do so.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Letters and emails are ALWAYS the property of the recipient. Whether or not the sender is aware of this is irrelevant.

Believe me, I understand people's queasiness about this, but I know just as well that the people who are questioning the validity of posting these messages have not yet experienced these personality types, which are so predictable it's boring as hell.

Okay, so I really don't like talking in private with people I don't know. I mean, I REALLY don't like it. In real life, I don't invite people into my house without knowing a goddamned thing about them, but I'm exceptionally friendly in public. Same here, I'm more than happy to answer anything that's addressed to me personally in public, just give me time to get to know YOU as well as you feel you know ME from reading my posts. Okay, we all get that.

Here's an example of how I'd spend almost a day a week if I didn't bitch about it:

Characters- n00b, less than 5 posts, blank profile, just joined within the last three days- complete unknown.

Me- bitch.

The story beings:

N00b: Hi ive ben wating to sed u a mssge, ur hot

Me: FOAD

*immediately blocks n00b, no need to post letter.*

N00b number 2: I know you don't like messages, BUT (whatever follows this is pointless, I'm already pissed) I liked what you said on xyz thread.

Me: Thanks. While I appreciate the support, I really do prefer to keep communications PUBLIC until I get a chance to know YOU as well as you feel you know me. Please respect this and address me on the board. Welcome to the site.

*sits for five minutes, knowing for certain this will be used as an excuse to start a conversation. Is NEVER disappointed*

N00b2: LOL, I bet you get a lot of stupid PMs, I guess that could really get annoying. You know, on this one site I belong to.......

*Wonders why I didn't just tell him to Fuck Off And Die too*:rolleyes:

For me, it's about who has the right to direct MY time, and I pick me. I don't care how someone else feels, they don't have a right to tell ME how to address my own unwanted and unsolicited mail. However, I don't expect anyone else to handle it as I do, you're all free to do what is right for YOU.

Big Dreamer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Letters and emails are ALWAYS the property of the recipient. Whether or not the sender is aware of this is irrelevant.

Believe me, I understand people's queasiness about this, but I know just as well that the people who are questioning the validity of posting these messages have not yet experienced these personality types, which are so predictable it's boring as hell.

Okay, so I really don't like talking in private with people I don't know. I mean, I REALLY don't like it. In real life, I don't invite people into my house without knowing a goddamned thing about them, but I'm exceptionally friendly in public. Same here, I'm more than happy to answer anything that's addressed to me personally in public, just give me time to get to know YOU as well as you feel you know ME from reading my posts. Okay, we all get that.

Here's an example of how I'd spend almost a day a week if I didn't bitch about it:

Characters- n00b, less than 5 posts, blank profile, just joined within the last three days- complete unknown.

Me- bitch.

The story beings:

N00b: Hi ive ben wating to sed u a mssge, ur hot

Me: FOAD

*immediately blocks n00b, no need to post letter.*

N00b number 2: I know you don't like messages, BUT (whatever follows this is pointless, I'm already pissed) I liked what you said on xyz thread.

Me: Thanks. While I appreciate the support, I really do prefer to keep communications PUBLIC until I get a chance to know YOU as well as you feel you know me. Please respect this and address me on the board. Welcome to the site.

*sits for five minutes, knowing for certain this will be used as an excuse to start a conversation. Is NEVER disappointed*

N00b2: LOL, I bet you get a lot of stupid PMs, I guess that could really get annoying. You know, on this one site I belong to.......

*Wonders why I didn't just tell him to Fuck Off And Die too*:rolleyes:

For me, it's about who has the right to direct MY time, and I pick me. I don't care how someone else feels, they don't have a right to tell ME how to address my own unwanted and unsolicited mail. However, I don't expect anyone else to handle it as I do, you're all free to do what is right for YOU.

If you keep ramping up the quality of the posts as you have been, Madame Zora, you risk putting a fuck of a lot of pressure on the eagerly anticipated number ten thousand. I'm already seeing trailers and advertisments for it in major publications.

B_big dirigible

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
We keep seeing words here, like that some practices are unacceptable, or that some behaviours have consequences. But there are no real consequences, hence in practice it's all acceptable. Something could change but that would have to be at administrative level. Conceivably it could be done at mod level, but we of the hoi polloi would never hear about it, so we'll have to assume that it isn't being done, that there are no consequences, and that it's therefore all acceptable.

So far as posting names, well, post away. They're just novelty handles. The poster's real name, address, school affiliation, party membership, and Social Security number aren't being posted.

How about just ignoring the daffy PMs? That's what I effectively do with most of my PMs, though not as a deliberate tactic; really more of a failure to get a "round toit."

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
In the real world, there aren't moderators around to protect your "rights" as such, but if a guy who was in a circle of friends I had would do something obnoxious to me, you bet your ass I'd tell my friends so they would know who they're dealing with. Those are the consequences of bad behavior, nothing more.

Like you said, we're not giving out names or addresses, or suggesting someone go beat them up, just making fun of them for being stupid and rude behind the cover of "privacy". I give the amount of respect given me, and no one has any reason to expect any different.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
If you keep ramping up the quality of the posts as you have been, Madame Zora, you risk putting a fuck of a lot of pressure on the eagerly anticipated number ten thousand. I'm already seeing trailers and advertisments for it in major publications.

Haha, I've actually been here since October 2003, so when you look at it in terms of years, I'm hardly the most prolific poster here.

niet

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
It's funny that xljgirl03x was listed in the original post, since I followed her here from another site. And on the other site, I've been bombarding her with "those" kinda PM's.

Good times.:smile:

9inchcanadian

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I would only pm in response to a direct thread or if i thought the member was of particular beauty. so far i have sent pms to only one member. and he is possibly the most handsome man i have ever seen in my entire life!

fear not ladies and gents i shall not freak thee

Male Bonding etc

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I will read this over before I send a PM to another stranger.

I guess I'm usually feeling that some form of introduction has already been made by virtue of being on the site... I've just been sending them out there once in a while when someone strikes me as interesting. A few folks have been most gracious when I've sent them, and I'm always polite when someone sends me an unsolicited one.

Either way, sometimes the conversation continues over quite a few messages, but I am always a bit surprised when someone fails to respond at all. Cyber manners can suck sometimes.