Private messages

Misunderstood Lad

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
What prompts you to send (or respond to) a private message on this site? I show up once in a blue moon and post a few things but have never really sent private messages and only check in here when I am killing time. Most of the women here do not seem to want any as I imagine they must get harassed a lot. So I was just curious.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
What prompts you to send (or respond to) a private message on this site? I show up once in a blue moon and post a few things but have never really sent private messages and only check in here when I am killing time. Most of the women here do not seem to want any as I imagine they must get harassed a lot. So I was just curious.

It's a comfort thing. Ladies don't want "pick up" or "show us your tits" type of PMs. The women I have PMd are very polite and appreciate the PMs I've sent, but I am also not treating them like an object either.

PM responsibly.

agnslz

Loved Member
Media
I've never been able to initiate PM contact with others here. Everyone that I've ever PMed with in my time here has sent me a PM first. I'm just not that outgoing, I guess. I do answer most every PM I get though. The only exceptions thus far have been the hook-up type of PMs. I've never answered any of those, as that's not what I'm here for. But, if it's friendly, politefully inquisitive, helpful, or complimentary, I've always felt obliged to answer.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Just be yourself, if they really like you then they don`t mind, for every person that might snub me off theres two that can`t wait to say hey.:rolleyes:

lafever

Quite Irate

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I don't really consider myself a 'regular' on LPSG, but I'm considerably active on a couple of *dirty secret time* gaming forums. Yes, gaming forums. Naturally posting my pics there draws the kind of attention one wouldn't get on this site. There are always idiots and assholes who PM you for all too obvious reasons, but what's even better about gaming forums is that you get to see mostly underage nerds and geeks akwardly attempt to conceal their real intentions in initiating conversation. It's cute, in a childish kind of way. I sometimes send PMs to people I know, but I'm not huge on constant back and forth PMs unless I know the person fairly well. I almost never send PMs to people I don't know, because people you don't know try very hard to make you know them when you're a popular user on a site, so you figure out if you like someone/are interested in them fairly quickly.

B_josiah852

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
The only time I use a PM is to send a compliment about a gallery pic. I usually say that all I wanted to do was to send a compliment and leave it at that. Usually get a thank you back.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I can be bad about checking my pm's if I am in the middle of posting and chatting. I have the message box that pops up turned off, so I have to be paying attention, and if I am caught up in chat with someone, I will generally wait to respond to someone else.

I always try and get back at some point, even if it's just to say hello back. It is hard when it's requests to cam or chat elsewhere, because I generally don't do that unless I have developed a rapport with someone already.

Osiris is someone I have chatted with, and he does send very nice pm's that make it feel like conversation.

Osiris

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
:redface:
I can be bad about checking my pm's if I am in the middle of posting and chatting. I have the message box that pops up turned off, so I have to be paying attention, and if I am caught up in chat with someone, I will generally wait to respond to someone else.

I always try and get back at some point, even if it's just to say hello back. It is hard when it's requests to cam or chat elsewhere, because I generally don't do that unless I have developed a rapport with someone already.

Osiris is someone I have chatted with, and he does send very nice pm's that make it feel like conversation.

This is key to good PM etiquette. And thank you again wldhoney. :redface: (Burgandy again)

fsck_u

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I don't expect anything when I send a PM I'll just say I like the pics or whatever because that's how I feel. I will also sometimes say if you are interested send me a PM that gives her the power so she doesn't feel weirded out. Mostly though I don't take it personally if someone doesn't get back to me. If I honestly like something I say so no big deal if they don't respond.

wldhoney

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I don't expect anything when I send a PM I'll just say I like the pics or whatever because that's how I feel. I will also sometimes say if you are interested send me a PM that gives her the power so she doesn't feel weirded out. Mostly though I don't take it personally if someone doesn't get back to me. If I honestly like something I say so no big deal if they don't respond.

Here's a PM in the form of a post, fsck u...... love your pictures! Especially the ones with the jeans! :wink:

D_Kay_Sarah_Sarah

Account Disabled
Media
I dont intitiate Pm's only because i dont know what i need to say in private that i cant say in the forums.

Also i dont know why guys sent "like the pics" messages rather then leave a comment in the agllery but im more then happy to reply with a thank you. The only messages i dont reply to are ones asking to cam, however if they seem nice and are polite i will reply to decline the offer

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think pm`s are great, as you can really get to be friends with someone without airing it out for all to see. It enables me to open up more.:rolleyes:

lafever

TheRob

Legendary Member
Media

I find that women like it when I harrass them :eek: )

SassySpy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Personally, I don't respond at all to PMs from people I do not recognize from their postings in the forums. Nor do I initiate PMs with same. However, I do try to thank people for gallery comments (once I see them, I am not often in the galleries)

I don't think all of the women here don't "want" PMs, I think we want respectful and intelligent PMs, from people who have taken the time to read posts and profiles, if we are going to respond to them. We have discussed many times our distaste for the receipt of the "group" PM; the one that goes out to most of the women (and the names are clearly displayed in our message headers) that contains invitations to cam or 'rate a cock'. Afik, none of us respond positively, if at all.
I do PM with people I have become familiar with, sometimes there isn't an appropriate place to put the message in a thread.
I also PM people when I find something or 'some things' they have posted worthy of positive feedback or comments. I don't think we as a society spread enough positive karma , so I try to do so, cos I believe people need to receive good vibes.

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I`m gonna leave that one alone(post#16). Laddies feel free to jump in.:rolleyes: Don`t let the temptation stall your actions.

lafever

lafever

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Quote: Sassy Spy

I also PM people when I find something or 'some things' they have posted worthy of positive feedback or comments. I don't think we as a society spread enough positive karma , so I try to do so, cos I believe people need to receive good vibes.

I totally agree, good vibes are esential for good health.:smile:

lafever

hans_talhoffer

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
i've only gotten pms. and they are just a couple people saying that i have a nice dick. which i don't have a problem with! = D