Pro Anti Abortion!

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by Vestigial, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Vestigial

Gold Member

Right, now THIS is a brainstorm... (Prepare to be demazed!)

Give your children the option to live, AND to suicide if they can't be fucked with life after all. :D

Everyone wins, really. Even the human body parts industry!

2. kamikazee_club

kamikazee_club New Member

Eventually, you will post something that doesn't need to be re-read half a dozen times before it begins to make sense, but I guess not just yet.:smile:

Are you asking a question, making a statement of opinion, inviting debate about the right to abortion, or just randomly using up disk storage on LPSG?

3. Vestigial

Gold Member

(( Hmm... keep re-reading everything and the entire world might begin to make sense. ;) ))

We are against suicide,.. but not abortion?

My suggestion was,.. let the children decide what is right and wrong for themselves, without openly harming others...

But tell me, If you could consider your child's abortion, why could you not consider their suicide?

I've cared for children scorned by their own families, let alone society. It's hard to find anything genuine these days, but it still exists in small pockets, here and there... usually in the places you least expect them,.. like right in front of your eyes. (nobody ever thinks to look there!) ;)

4. dostoy

dostoy New Member

Abortion is a woman's legal right to determine her destiny and not be held hostage by any man. She should have that right.

That said, I'd hope there would only be a few thousand abortions performed in the USA in any given year. I'd much rather prefer women give up their unwanted children for adoption. More could be said on the subject but people are often unable to deal with a real POV without resorting to personal attacks.

I also think that men should not be forced to take financial responsibility of any children that they do not commit to in a legally binding fashion.

5. Vestigial

Gold Member

Yup, when our "advanced human intellect" phails,.. personal attacks! (these are probably the same people saying violence is the weapon of the weak.)

From a physiological point of view, the woman's body is the one undergoing birth. Maybe the male could make a statement of abortion, stripping him of his duties thereafter. One less problem, for all parties involved.

And I'm no fan of the law, courts are like legalized robbery...

6. kamikazee_club

I doubt that.

We, society as a whole or yourself? The two are entirely different and thus require different rationalisation. In brutal terms suicide is self inflicted killing, abortion is not. I don't condemn or decry either as, depending on circumstance both can be the right choice.

Well unless I'm mistaken in your meaning; firstly, child suicide is comparatively rare and a rational choice about abortion by its intended target is a non sequitur of the highest order. If such a thing occured it would be a foetal suicide would it not?

If you are talking in broader terms of right and wrong, in principal I agree, children are not often credited with the reasoning abilities they clearly have; but then why wrap it up in a discussion about abortion and suicide?

I don't fully understand your question. How are these two actions related? Other than both involving a concious choice which leads to death, if one follows your 'logic' one could also include their potential murder, because that will almost certainly also be another concious choice resulting in their death yes? I'm being obtuse here because it would help me if you were to articulate your thoughts with [more] clarity.

On that I agree. Though often the best place to hide is in plain sight.

7. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

What an odd topic... some people are against abortion too...

8. Pumblechook

Pumblechook New Member

Albums:
    Better solution. Abortion is a dead issue (a far stretch from the "hot-button" issue everyone thinks it is - much like many of the "big" topics out there right now).

People will kill their kids whether or not it is illegal.
    People will use drugs whether or not they are illegal.
    People will have guns whether or not they are illegal.

The only way to "fix" these problems is perhaps go back in time (can't do that at the moment) and somehow prevent them from ever existing (if we could go back in time, even this would be nearly impossible). So, basically, these issues all come down to people wanting to tell other people how to live their lives. It has nothing to do with caring for children, nothing to do with preventing societal degeneration, nothing to do with preventing tyrannical rule. Sorry to ruin all of the present day's big political issues. You guys still have about 2 years until the next "big" election (in the US) to figure out other things to fight about though, so don't lose hope! :tongue:

9. D_Elijah_MorganWood

D_Elijah_MorganWood New Member

Arguments like this always come from someone who has a dick.

10. Matthew

Gold Member

You don't like abortion???
    Motherfucker, I got the answer to abortion.
    Shoot your dick!

-- Whoopi Goldberg

11. dostoy

dostoy New Member

I read my first post on this thread again and realized I inadvertently left something out.

I believe abortion is a morally wrong choice.

12. DC_DEEP

Gold Member

That would be a good reason for you to choose not to have an abortion.

13. BigA

BigA New Member

suicide is harder than u think. id rather the decision be given for me

14. kamikazee_club

In this case (if you rmean who I think), one growing out of their neck perhaps?

15. dostoy

dostoy New Member

Congratulations! Your posts never fail to be full of trite and 'true' platitudes. I've felt genuinely challenged by everyone.:rolleyes:

16. kamikazee_club

and

I'm not sure how those two fit together.

You state that abortion is a woman's right to choose her destiny and not be held hostage to a man. Fine, I think that's a good thing, which I assume you meant also yet you say abortion is a morally wrong choice?

So, do you mean that you think abortion as, say a form of contraception is morally wrong? Or, that while you think while it's fine that a woman should have the right, it's morally wrong should she choose to exercise it? Or just morally wrong per se? Perhaps you could clarify your comments?

I don't think people are unwilling to comment or respond to a real point of view.

17. Onslow

Gold Member

Just how many children do you know of who could abort themselves once they're born? You make no sense Veg.

Abortion is done (the majority of the time) on a non-viable organism. It is not a life form yet able to breathe and function on it's own. Suicide happens at a later point when an organism is a viable being, and as such there arer those who feel opting out of life is wrong--believing that there is always a brighter tomorrow somewhere in the future. Newsflash:: quite often there is not a brightere future.

considering the things you have written here, this is truly frightening--have you left your room yet or are you still locking yourself in for weeks at a time?
    This almost sounds like an arguement for abortion--if the child had been aborted they would not be scorned now.
    There are lot's of things and people out there who are genuine--you just ain't looking hard enough. Then again, you did say you lock yourself in your room for days, so that might be why you cna't seem to find them.

Abortion--Choice, first and foremost by the woman. Even if a man says he will raise a child, he is not the one who must go through 9 months of pregnancy. Abortion due to pregnancy caused by rape--it is up to the woman to decide. Does she keep the child to raise herse;lf and have a constant rreminder? Does she give the child for adoption and know the child is starting out life alone? Or does she have an abortion? Her choice/

Suicide--each individual has to make this choice based on how great a value rthey place on life, coupled with how great the physical and/or emotional pain is within their individual life.

At the end of it all, abortion and suicide are two entire;y differnt things, but there are reasons for each of them occurring and it is not up to you or me or anyone else to decide if it is right or wrong.

18. Jason Surfz

Jason Surfz New Member

Albums:
    Hmm...abortion, unless the mom's life is in danger - is murder. My age isn't a factor, it's what is in my heart. And I'm not alone in my age group. We talk about such issues a lot. When a woman becomes pregnant it's no longer "what about me!" - it's about "what about WE!" - thnx, Jaze

19. Principessa

Gold Member

I tried to warn Vestigial that if he didn't want to feel attacked he shouldn't make such posts. Or at least state them clearly and succinctly, but what do I know. I try to protect my friends.

That said, I have never and could never have an abortion; but I will fight to the death for the rights of the woman that does, to do so.

I have in the very distant past driven not one but two college roomates at 2 different colleges to clinics to have abortions. No, I did not influence their choice. I didn't even know until they asked me to accompany them.

I don't think pro-lifers understand that this is never a quick or cavalier choice for a woman. It is NOT like buying shoes or choosing chocolate over strawberry ice cream.

Another point to consider is that in the US we don't have orphanages any more, we have a horribly broken Foster Care System. For the woman that opts to have her baby and put it up for adoption, she is on her own (cause lets face it you guys rarely stick around to help especially if you are under 30).

So then what? The baby ends up in a foster home where he/ or she may or may not be adopted. Some live long enough to encounter horrible physical, mental, and emotional abuse from the other childen allegedly being cared for there.

Grrrrr, I'm sorry but if you don't have a uterus you don't get a choice!

20. Gillette

Gold Member

Albums:

When it is in your womb let's talk.

There are so many situations that you are blithely glossing over. Rape, incest and the horrifying discovery that the child in your womb has failed to develop brain tissue. Physical peril to the mother is not the only issue. Carrying a child you don't want can be emotionally damaging as well.

Nice that you can be so definite on a subject that for you will never be more than hypothetical.

Draft saved Draft deleted