Pro Life v Pro Choice

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You must know what I mean though, I have several times on here genuinely tried to express an opinion and it has just been completely overlooked, that and I feel like I could be doing better things with my life than discussing abortion on an internet forum :biggrin1:
Of course I know what you mean, I've been overlooked at times too, but I'd rather be overlooked than have someone hurl cruel insults to me...that's all. I just get so sick of some of the nasty behavior around here. No one here can choose how people will respond to them, only how they can respond to others. :smile:

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Of course I know what you mean, I've been overlooked at times too, but I'd rather be overlooked than have someone hurl cruel insults to me...that's all. I just get so sick of some of the nasty behavior around here. No one here can choose how people will respond to them, only how they can respond to others. :smile:

I hardly think 'fool' is cruel

and as with most things I post on forums, it was tongue in cheek.

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
No, you are missing the point. It has the potential..

So can we kill a toddler because it only has potential of becoming an adult?

You are breaking down into semantics to help smooth over the fact that it is a human being not a potential but a human being with all of the genetic coding that it will ever have for the rest of it's life.

Your other arguments are circular based upon your presumed premise.

presumed premise - hmmmm rather redundant wouldn't you say.

DNA is not a premise either, it is a medical fact.

Remember a human being is nothing more than a member of the species known as homo sapiens – once the sperm join the egg all of the coding is complete and you have a homo sapien (human being).

If you break it down away from the emotionalism and just look at the pure science it is pretty hard to deny – now you have to justify in your mind that killing a homo sapien (human being) is okay.

36DD

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I hardly think 'fool' is cruel

and as with most things I post on forums, it was tongue in cheek.
I wasn't talking about your response...lol...I am talking about some of the things that people here say to one another are just so cruel and unwarranted...my own case in point, a person here referred to me as a "typically stupid republican cunt", and that was after I apologized to him via pm for insinuating he was not forthcoming about his age. He didn't have the courage to say it on a forum...he pm'd me with that response. That I find to be cruel because it is mean-spirited and disrespectful.

B_cigarbabe

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
This is comment is highly illogical.

If somebody dies of natural causes then do we blame the big girl in the sky of murder? Is this "big girl in the sky" another "persona" secular humanists believe in?

Perhaps you do not understand the concept of volition?

Oh but I do! Because I believe in "GOD". I know that "God", killed my baby, for "God" knows, what reason. This was not a case of "natural causes". This is supposedly,"Gods" will,is it not? I didn't "murder it". I didn't choose to abort it or, murder it as you say, so who is responsible, if not God? Isn't part of your truth, that God created all life? Then surely he also takes away those same lives.
I have yet,to see any pro-life advocates,who don't spout their belief in God, as the reason their position, is the only right position.
I can also spell volition,lol!
cigarbabe:saevil:

D_golden parachute

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
a 50 year old that says 'lol' I find absolutely hilarious.

yes I assume most anti-abortion people are religious as there seems no reason to be against it other than GOD SAYS IT'S WRONG AND YOU WILL BURN IN HELL

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
No you are not going to hell for saying that...it probably was for the best than have a child live under those circumstances with an abusive mother like that!

Phew! I'll tell the gate-keeper that! :tongue:

It saddens me so when people think that special needs children do not feel hurt or understand cruelty...they are the object of enough of it. I commend your not wanting to know...I would probably have done the same thing...My sister was told at 4 months that her (surviving) baby (she lost one of the twins at 4 months which is when they started testing her)would not survive the heart defect she had and would not make it to delivery. My sister held on to her faith, and the baby lived just 4 short days...but she was so loved, and so wanted, and has touched many lives through her story. If she had been aborted, the good that came out of that little precious life would not have happened.

Aw shucks, that's beautiful. I hope your sister went on to have other children to also cherish. That's what I call a real mom!

Not_Punny

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think we ALL agree that prevention is worth a pound of "cure"

- - - - - -

Food for thought:

-- Parents: most of the people in this thread who lean toward pro-life are already parents

-- Non-parents: The majority of people in this thread who lean toward pro-choice are NOT parents

- - - - - - -

Ending on a funny note: Some people think that male masturbation and gay sex are murder. (Killing of sperm)

Ooooooohhhh... just about everyone in LPSG is going to HELL in a fucket!

3664shaken

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I have yet,to see any pro-life advocates,who don't spout their belief in God, as the reason their position, is the only right position.
I can also spell volition,lol!
cigarbabe:saevil:

Perhaps you did not read any of my posts since I gave you my reason for my pro-life beliefs. :confused:

I'm an agnostic btw, so your arguments are simply nonsensical perhaps you should not try to assume so much and you won't make so many mistakes.