Problem staying soft in public showers?

FRE

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Yeah, i had a guy stroking his cock "at" me in the steam room, it creeped me out. What ever happened to dinner and a movie?

Good question; I've wondered the same thing myself.

It seems guys now want sex immediately if not sooner. They think that 5 minutes is long enough to get to know someone, or that going to bed with someone is a good way to get to know him; it isn't.

In this case, it was a kid whom I'd guess was about 16 years old. I can't understand behaving like that with so many other guys present. They had to notice; it would have been impossible not to.

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Sometimes after a good work out I feel 'pumped' (and turned on/horny) and have been know to 'rub one out'....the only problem with that is masking the noise...(lot of foreskin = nice rhythmic sounds that...well it can only be one thing happening in the stall...) also be careful of unwanted shadows...

anyone have a solution? (also trying NOT to grunt when you spew)

goodwood

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
gavlenils -
i have has this happen only twice, when i was 22 and just a couple of months ago, both times after an insanely difficult workout. when i was 22 i quick got out of the shower and threw a towel around me. a couple of months ago i thought 'fuck it. i am taking a sauna'. neither of those times was the goodwood sprung from anyone in the locker room. i don't know why it happened but it did. the second time around i just didn't care. i was there to work out, shower, sauna and leave. i didn't make eye contact with anyone. and there was no misunderstanding by anyone in the locker room so whatever. it happens. nobody cares - imo.

D_Lionel_Trane

Account Disabled
Media
Sexuality
No Response
i try and mind my own business,. but if someones giving me too much attention, i sometimes bone-up, even if im not really into them,. i guess its the attention and the risk and the pressure.. . I have bad things i think of,. to try and stay soft, but sometimes after a sweaty hard work-out, its difficult. I agree, that most guys dont really care,. it happents at some point to everyone,. so I just relax,. it'll go down at some point!

gavlenils

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Gay, 31% Straight
Thanks for great response and all the suggestions. A quick reflexion:
- Jack off before work out doesn't work for me. When I see a BIG one, 10 minutes is enough for me. After that I can bone up again (which is strange, because I'm 44 yo).
- Being stared at is no problem at all. Don't bone up becuse of that.
- This problem is only related to penis size. I never boned up in public shower, unless there is someone BIG. BIG one and I loose all control of my cock.
- I would never remain with a hard on in the shower at my gym. Maybe it's a cultural thing (sweden/USA), but it's not that type of gym. There are outher public showers where that is "acceptable", and nice:).

longhorse10

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
I was once at a gym which had 5 treadmills in a row all facing a wall length mirror, which meant that each person had a good view of everyone else. I like to work out without underwear and I had grey shorts on as I boarded the middle treadmill. A few minutes later the other treadmills were occupied and I ended up either side of two very attractive slim blonde girls. As I ran I started to get hard as my big cock bounced around in my shorts. I was trying to block the thoughts from my head, but my cock just kept getting harder. Soon I was running with my cock waving about like a cucumber in my pants. I found myself getting embarrassed and I tried to push down my erection to hide it. Eventually, my erection went down and I was able to continue running normally. The girls beside me, didn't seem to notice, but I don't know how as it was so obvious. I didn't know them so they never spoke to me about it either.
At the same gym I would also often get a boner in the shower, but I would usually just continue showering and ignore it, making sure I wasn't flaunting it to anyone.

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
It's the hot water, having a penis, the public nakedness, penises just get hard.

I'd get this from time to time as a teen. The best thing to help me was immediately dropping the water temperature. The more I got hard, the more I reduced the hot water. It takes a lot to stand under a freezing cold shower tap and stay hard. It worked every time except once.

I agree that it should be no big deal to get a natural hardon in the showers, if unintentional and the guy goes about his business, seeking no undue attention. Penises get hard, fact of life. We are adding more and more human penises to the world, already over 3 billion, and I do not believe there should be any population "control" of humans. Humans have powerful reproductive urges, which they should direct towards marriage and natural babymaking. With so many penises all around, obviously a few might be spotted once in a while, hard.

People can control their behaviors, but not always their natural erection response. And I wouldn't expect a person to reduce the water temperature. But try to act normal and ignore it, and if the one with the boner, mentally suppress it if possible.

I didn't get hard in the showers, mainly because I wasn't in the showers often enough to get that inevitable stiffie. But I did often get raging boners in class, and some guy at summer camp got really hard in the showers. But nobody said anything or seemed to care. A hard penis? Isn't that sort of natural, technically?

pronatalist

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I was once at a gym which had 5 treadmills in a row all facing a wall length mirror, which meant that each person had a good view of everyone else. I like to work out without underwear and I had grey shorts on as I boarded the middle treadmill. A few minutes later the other treadmills were occupied and I ended up either side of two very attractive slim blonde girls. As I ran I started to get hard as my big cock bounced around in my shorts. I was trying to block the thoughts from my head, but my cock just kept getting harder. Soon I was running with my cock waving about like a cucumber in my pants. I found myself getting embarrassed and I tried to push down my erection to hide it. Eventually, my erection went down and I was able to continue running normally. The girls beside me, didn't seem to notice, but I don't know how as it was so obvious. I didn't know them so they never spoke to me about it either.
At the same gym I would also often get a boner in the shower, but I would usually just continue showering and ignore it, making sure I wasn't flaunting it to anyone.

Perhaps they did notice, but like many people, they may have been respectful and polite, and ignored it. One might later say to the other, "Did you see how hard that guy was?," while not mentioning any names, if they even know a name.

People tend to feel self-conscious about their own erection, while to somebody else, spotting an erection could just be "another erection in dozens previously spotted." That's also a reason why many may just pay it no attention, if not seeming intentional. And they may not have even looked in that direction.

BIGDP

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight

str82fcuk

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I'd get this from time to time as a teen. The best thing to help me was immediately dropping the water temperature. The more I got hard, the more I reduced the hot water. It takes a lot to stand under a freezing cold shower tap and stay hard. It worked every time except once.

Five years as a teenager at a boarding school without hot water means that I'm immune to that trick lol. In any case I was led to believe that the proper protocol in such situations is to turn around and face the wall (worrying about who might be scoping out your ass normally rectifies this 'problem' quite quickly)

Last edited:

Warlock08

Admired Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
hi there

I used to suffer from the same problem at the gym and local pool.
When I moved out of home....I was determined to overcome this. Thankfully the town I stayed in was a small town, I looked up the nudis area and found one by the river. I started going there, and would pop a boner the minute my pants came off. For a few months I would place myself around shrubs to hide my accidental bone. (I was not aroused nor would i think about not getting a bone). In a few months time I was able to come out in the local clearing and enjoyed beers, and chats with the other people there. Not one to give advice, however I hope my experiences helps.
Happy to talk online too: Ricky0806@live.com.au.

Cheers

Rick

vince

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
Interesting. The picture is black and white and so steady, that it must be from a permanently installed camera. What kind of pervy place does that?

I have a friend who has a weblink to a tanning salon in Russia. You can choose a cam and watch the patrons disrobe and get into the sunbeds. From what I saw, the peeps didn't know they were being watched. Kinda sick actually.

Last edited:

It's refreshing to see a young guy so comfortable in his own skin (the first guy in the video). He was just going about his business totally relaxed and even chatting up a buddy at one point. I wasn't surprised to see the older guys act that way in the video, as they grew up in a time that this was normal practice. Hopefully this is the start of a new trend among the younger generation and everything old will be new again.