Problem with some Underware Specialty Shops

DaveUSADAV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I went to a specialty under-ware shop today, Underware 4U Men, in Portland, Oregon. I have gotten under-ware several times from there and generally have been pleased with the products though sometimes they are expensive. The sales clerk was very helpful, however, I wish he was not so shy as to ask you when you are trying to find a selection if you are small, medium or big. That is a fair question in these shops. Both gay and straight guys shop there. You can't try a selection on and every sale is final. So it is a struggle to find something that fits well by just looking at it on the hanger. I am very big flaccid and erect- my flaccid cock is over 7.5 inches and about 6.5 inches in base girth. See my gallery. I saw a selection that I though would be great- it had an enormous sculptured bulge that I thought would accomodate my huge cock. It was made by Andrew Christian. I bought it and another pair, same manufacturer but different material and with a flexible and expandable pouch that has great give. Both together cost me $58 dollars. Wall Mart use to carry underware with spandex and polyester I like but they don't sell that brand anymore it seems. I could wear boxers but they bunch up because I sit at a desk most of the day. When I got home to try the bulging under-ware I was very upset. The bulge I though was free structured was actually a woven pad made for men who have small dicks and want to impress others. It was just like a padded bra. Just the opposite of what I need or want! Maybe I was naive about all this, but I just wish I knew before I bought it or could try it on first. I did not occur to me that it could be padded. When I showed the under ware to my wife she just laughed. I learned my lesson. But I just wish the clerk helped me more and noticed that I was buying one that was XL with a naked pouch look that is comfortable for huge guys and one that was obviously for small guys. Anyone else had this pickle?

D_Randy_Cox

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Too bad about that. AC makes some great stuff but they do have that padded line as well. Did you see any Obviously brand there? Both can be ordered online so you might try that. Of course I can't testify for your need but they are very comfy!

VeryHung

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When you go to a specialty store, such as this one, speak to the salesperson, and, explain your size, and, ask how the sizing of a particular brand would work for you. I bet that this comment is nothing new to a good salesperson.

If all sales are final, remember, its your money.

pervasiveone

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I went to a specialty under-ware shop today, Underware 4U Men, in Portland, Oregon. I have gotten under-ware several times from there and generally have been pleased with the products though sometimes they are expensive. The sales clerk was very helpful, however, I wish he was not so shy as to ask you when you are trying to find a selection if you are small, medium or big. That is a fair question in these shops. Both gay and straight guys shop there.

I shop there as well (at the one in seattle) and am always annoyed with the sales guys... they are quite knowledgeable about the fabric, fashion, and brand attributes of what they are sell... but almost nothing on the technical aspects of what you are buying. Now don't get me wrong... this store is AWESOME to have. It's great to be able to see the stuff in person, rather that on some website.

One suggestion (I do it from time to time) is to make a fist and stick it in the crotch of what you are considering. That should give you a good approximation of what it will look/feel like on you package.

mattsrod7

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So are you supposed to go to the salesman and be like "i'm 6 inches flaccid, and 8 inches hard. I need something to accommodate this. When I'm flaccid it hangs over my large testicles and juts it out so I want this under control. anything but blue please"

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
The other thing is to call the store and explain the situation and your frustration, see how they can "make it up to you" or schedule a time for a consultation. You might bring in a pair that works for you but can't find anymore - let them see it and recommend a better contender. They get paid to just stand there and ring you up. At $60 bucks for two pair of briefs, they'd better know their merchandise. Damn!

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I dont think alot of guys would see this as the big problem you do. Many guys would LOVE to have this problem. but it is alot of money to spend, and have wasted, so just go back to the store and be "upfront" about it. You also can always ask to speak with a manager or contact the corporate office.

onewatcher

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
The other thing you could do is call the manufactuer. Most likely they will be able to suggest a style that will help, and most possibly refund your money or give you credit.

DaveUSADAV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks guys for all your advice and help. I will discuss with the Manager some suggestions regarding salesmanship: such as having clerks say: " I see you are confused about our large selection of products- May I help you out?" The first thing that our customers ask about is comfort. Please excuse me for asking, but are you small, average, or big? I have selections that cater to all sizes." Something like that. I suppose a lot of straight guys may be reluctant to tell another guy his size (the clerks are both straight and gay) but this is an under-ware shop and they just want to help and have you come back as a repeat customer- it is not Walmart. I will go back again, I'm sure because I can't find under-ware that fits anywhere else it seems and I don't want to order on line- not if there is a shop nearby. The last time I ordered on-line for any product was for the Durex XXL condoms when I worked in Las Vegas for a few months several years ago. I'm reluctant to do that again. Thanks.

B_quietguy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
69% Straight, 31% Gay
I suggest just coming out with the truth. Tell them comfort matters to you since you are huge even when flaccid. Let them know if you like their products, you will come back often as a repeat customer.

This makes me wonder if women ask female sales clerks for help when choosing very large bras.

zx69

Just Browsing
Media
hi all,

what do you want the sales assistant to do ...

put his hands down your trousers and feel your bulge and cup them ? then tell you ... sir i think you have a snake in there !! LOL

or you get hard while he's have a rumble ???

years ago when i worked in retail, men used to come in to have their inside leg measured... there used to be so many with a hard cock going down their leg when i put the tape measure in their groin ... i was nice but nowadays the shops ask the customer to hold it in the groin. !!

B_R_I_E_F

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Straight, 10% Gay
hi all,

what do you want the sales assistant to do ...

put his hands down your trousers and feel your bulge and cup them ? then tell you ... sir i think you have a snake in there !! LOL

or you get hard while he's have a rumble ???

years ago when i worked in retail, men used to come in to have their inside leg measured... there used to be so many with a hard cock going down their leg when i put the tape measure in their groin ... i was nice but nowadays the shops ask the customer to hold it in the groin. !!

This reminds me of that episode on FRIENDS. "Joey's Taylor Is A Very Bad Man"
YouTube - Friends: Joey's Tailor

DaveUSADAV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Of course, no body has to whip it out to show their size 'cept to please the lust of former Representative Massa, I guess. My point being is that these underware shops cater to this issue- why not have a section- small, medium, large, huge- just like at a men's clothing shop for pants and shirts where we all shop. Then we at least don't have to be embarrassed to ask as we browse in that section. As it is, this under-ware is all mixed up when it comes to crotch size and bulge. Also, at these regular clothing shops when we buy pants and mention to the sales clerk that these are for ourselves he may ask us before the sale rings up " Uh, well, do you realise you have one here for a 34 inch waist and another one that is XXXL?" It is not uncommon for us to grab the wrong pants as we rush back to work after lunch period. But pants we can return. These under-ware selections you cannot and the Manager at that shop, though sympathetic, says he can't take them back. I 'll just give them to my 22 year old son- I know he is not as huge as I am. The other pair I will keep but my wife says the comfortable total give naked look is kinda weird on me- like you look like you have an erection when you really don't. Well, I guess I am not wearing them to the gym.

jaketaz20002

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
ok I can really help you out with this I work for an Underwear designer in Portland and we have a sales store the the front we also sell to underu4men
the underwear is called pulse underwear
we hand sew all of our underwear in Portland and when we make it we do keep bigger guys in mind If you would like I can set up a time to meet with you at the store and we can get you into some underwear that will work for you and I'll even let you try it on if need we have underwear from $5 to $35
and I know you will like it if you liked ac cause they stole some of our designs
please let me know

DaveUSADAV

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
JAKETAZ20002:

I am sorry I have not responded to your post sooner because I have been out of town on a new job and I don't have easy access to a computer. A couple of things:

1. First, I am sorry Adrianne Christian stole your company's design. That is a bummer. I wonder if your design or material were copyrighted?

2. Yea, I could come in but I am suspicious of being "fitted" for under-ware. Obviously you will know my name then and so if privacy is breached I may become known more than just my posts and pictures at this website where I prefer to remain as private as possible. Certain publicity would be embarrassing to me and cost me a job perhaps. Already, I think I have talked too much that some friends and relatives of mine who know how big I am may become suspicious it is me- yes, "davidh" is not a fake acronym to my real first and last name. Frankly, if you tell me what brand or brands you provide for Underware 4U Men I may buy a pair or two of yours from them. Money is not the issue, comfort is. I have the same problem with jeans which I generally can't wear.

3. The pulse type of under-ware my wife thinks looks kinda of silly. As I said I can't wear it to the gym. If you are 7.5 inches or more flaccid and 6.5 inches or more around flaccid you can't wear much without being noticed. My one try with spandex swim ware about twenty years ago in Little Rock Arkansas caused an actual complaint in the Howard Johnson Inn and a small blurb in the local paper: "Large man asked to leave the hot tub." I have a copy of that my wife keeps for laughs.

4. Since I started this post my point is I wish there was a free structured pouch without a "support bra" that can accommodate me. And I don't want it to irritate me too. My most popular gallery photo is of me wearing, as you may recognize, a Mundo Unico underware. It is generally comfortable but still is too tight. I just want to try something else anywhere and something that does not cost me an arm and a leg if possible. The Walmart brand sufficed for a bit but it is not available in my stores anymore.

5. Also, please understand I joined this site because it is a large penis support group, not a long penis advocacy group. I have posted many times that a large penis has its issues. I joined because my wife of nearly thirty years has gone through menopause and now it hurts more than ever and it always has hurt and her teeth marks hurts me now more than ever too. Some guys have given me some good advice regarding technique and lubricants. In thirty years we have never had anal sex. She refuses it as did most of my previous girlfriends. There is perhaps, as that certain web site explains, a preferred size for woman, I really don't know, but I am definitely out of that range. The truth is most woman don't care about your penis size any more than most guys don't care about their girlfriend's breast size. The size debate is really just a man's issue and always has been. Thanks for your support, concern, and interest.