Problems with gay guys

hippyscum

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Rikter8@Sep 17 2005, 04:33 AM

Ive read some of the comments where gay guys are friendly - which they are.
But some of the stuff where theyre shopping...and fancy dressed, clean skin...bla bla.. What the hell...??

[post=343991]Quoted post[/post]​

I think claiming that all gay guys are friendly is a stereotyping a bit as well (in a good way), the most annoying person I've ever known was gay, he was also the bitchiest person I've ever known (trying to start up fights, punching me for no reason, etc). No offense to the gay population, but gay people are people first and people can be REALLY fucking annoying.

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by hippyscum@Sep 17 2005, 07:01 AM

I think claiming that all gay guys are friendly is a stereotyping a bit as well (in a good way), the most annoying person I've ever known was gay, he was also the bitchiest person I've ever known (trying to start up fights, punching me for no reason, etc). No offense to the gay population, but gay people are people first and people can be REALLY fucking annoying.
[post=344038]Quoted post[/post]​

Everyone's just people. As much as the human brain wants to pigeonhole entire categories of people, it just doesn't work that way. There are very few defining traits of any group of people, beyond what puts them in that group. For gay men, it would be the liking of men. Other than that, we run the gamut, for which I'm thankful. I have no desire to be, nor to date most gay male stereotypes.

By the same token, I don't really feel that much draw for those who impose (consciously or not) the opposite on themselves. Both of these seem very affected to me, and for that reason, dishonest. I like dating humans, not archetypes.

Irvy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Personally, I think saying "all (or most) gay/str8 guys are..." is as stupid as lumping together everyone with blue eyes or right handed and steretyping them. Everyone assumes my bf and I are str8, as neither of us are camp or effeminate, or behave in any way "steretypically" gay. I know str8 guys who are completely straight, but are extremely camp.

LuckyLuke

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by loser_emo_kid@Aug 7 2005, 04:20 AM
I am constantly hassled by gay guys, which I hate because girls won't give me the time of day. Is it just Murphy's Law, or my bad luck, or does this happen to a lot of you?
[post=333619]Quoted post[/post]​
I'd say you're probably exaggerating. I can't imagine you get more hassles from gay guys than I get from straight women.

That's just the way it is and you should be thankful for any attention you get (as long as it is positive). You'd be complaining if no one ever noticed you.

As someone famous once remarked, the only thing worse than being talked about - is not being talked about!

BetterThanAverage

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Aug 9 2005, 09:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Aug 9 2005, 09:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-alleyblu@Aug 9 2005, 07:11 AM
Its not like there some sort of conspiracy, were all the "gay guys" made up a plan to "get you".
[post=333914]Quoted post[/post]​

Oh, don&#39;t be so sure. His name showed up on my last "hit list" from queer central.
[post=334176]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Hey, KinkGuy - we&#39;re not supposed to tell the straight guys about the list. You&#39;re gonna get your secret decoder ring taken away if you&#39;re not careful.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Can&#39;t happen. I have earned the exalted title of "Senior Master of Demented Subjugation”, for life.

S/M of D/S for short.

madame_zora

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Originally posted by KinkGuy@Sep 21 2005, 12:35 AM
Can&#39;t happen. I have earned the exalted title of "Senior Master of Demented Subjugation”, for life.

S/M of D/S for short.
[post=345135]Quoted post[/post]​

That&#39;s pretty damned nice, but why not go for broke and be a Master Dominator so we can begin addressing you as Kinkguy, MD.

Geekyraccoon

Just Browsing
Media
Originally posted by headbang8@Sep 21 2005, 05:53 AM
Let&#39;s reverse the question. Gay guys: problems with straight women hitting on you? I&#39;ve had a few.
[post=345299]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn&#39;t call it a problem, since almost every time, they&#39;ve been very responsive when I politely inform them that I&#39;m gay.

BetterThanAverage

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by Geekyraccoon+Sep 21 2005, 11:56 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Geekyraccoon &#064; Sep 21 2005, 11:56 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-headbang8@Sep 21 2005, 05:53 AM
Let&#39;s reverse the question.  Gay guys: problems with straight women hitting on you?  I&#39;ve had a few.
[post=345299]Quoted post[/post]​

I wouldn&#39;t call it a problem, since almost every time, they&#39;ve been very responsive when I politely inform them that I&#39;m gay.
[post=345393]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Well, I&#39;d agree that most of the time they&#39;ve been very responsive, but once in awhile they&#39;re a little too persistent. Usually that has involved alcohol, I admit, but if I hear ONE MORE TIME that I "just haven&#39;t met the right woman yet," someone&#39;s going to get bitch slapped. I actually had a woman who I had "politely informed" that I was gay grab my crotch in a bar, look me in the eye and say, "what a waste." I assured her that it wasn&#39;t going to waste. Nevertheless, if I had grabbed her tits and said something similar, what do you think would have happened?

The biggest problems I had with this were when I wasn&#39;t out at work (back in the Dark Ages). When women came on to me, I really didn&#39;t know how to say "thanks, but no thanks" without offending them. I know women have this problem all the time, and it really made me understand what they must go through a little better. Women just didn&#39;t seem to understand why any guy wouldn&#39;t jump at the chance to go out with them. Ah, well, those days are over. Now I just show her a photo of my BF and tell them he wouldn&#39;t like it if I dated her.

B_UNKNOWN321

Experimental Member
Media
Well you probably just have an amazingly sexy body or smile or bulge or something that is an open invitation for a request from gays who typically more forthcoming with such requests than are women. Probably you don&#39;t encounter many women peeing next to you at urinals or seeing you flex your muscles at the gym or get a glimpse of your attractive body parts in showsers, but if they did it is not likely that any you would want to have even a semi-serious relationship with would be so bold as to say "Hey dude, I sure would like to have you fuck the shit out of me, what do you say, fellow, meet in the alley in five minutes?" If the gays find you attractive, women most likely do too (that is assuming that you do not go around actively advertising your dick by flopping it out of your pants at any occasion).

Let me share some facts about me that you may find enlightening to your situation. I never thought I had any special attraction to women, not even my wife who has never openly complimented anything about me. I have been told for many years by young then older women that I had the look of royalty in walk and stand (just genetic good luck to have perfect posture) had fantastic hair even to point some said they wished it were dyed so they could buy it (again inherited from Mother) and wonderfully witty personality (funniest people I know are my family members). None of that translated to attraction, just comments. Then one time when wife was quite drunk, she told me she wished her friends would stop telling her that I was so funny, handsome and sexy that if she should die they would grab me up. So I suppose there were some admirers after all I was just too self absorbed in feeling unattractive to notice. So watch for the subtle little comments and little smiles and for God&#39;s sake if you have a sense of humor, use it and smile to any woman who doesn&#39;t wretch as you pass them. You will have to make the overture after you determine that maybe you have a lot more sex appeal than you give yourself credit for. And looks are just one little part of sex appeal anyway, your disposition and comfort in engaging women in a meaningful conversation will get you all the glances and social contacts you can handle. Tom

Doctor_Ay

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by Dr Rock@Aug 7 2005, 04:47 PM
it&#39;s not a "problem with gay guys." the problem is you.
[post=333692]Quoted post[/post]​
Man, every time I read one of your posts, I can&#39;t help but to think &#39;what an asshole&#39;. No offense... I&#39;ve had PLENTY of homosexual men basically &#39;harass&#39; me in locker rooms by implying that due to my size I HAVE to be gay, and that if im not, im just repressing something or lying to myself, etc. So, his point is somewhat valid. I&#39;m not saying that every single gay male that I have come across makes unwanted sexual advances, however, there are some that are persistent enough (to the point of harrassment) to make this complaint valid. Period.

So get the f* off your high horse and accept the fact that there might be some truth to this post.

In all honesty a very angry "get the fuck away from me NOW" is usually enough to dissuade all but the most vicious offenders, but then again I am also a pretty muscular guy. :shrug:

Satsfakshun

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Originally posted by jakeinsf@Sep 15 2005, 07:11 PM
Reminds me of a story [theonion.com] in The Onion:
[post=343621]Quoted post[/post]​

I showed that story to a friend of mine, one everyone I know thinks is a &#39;closet case,&#39; and he flipped out. He wouldn&#39;t even talk about&#33; I think it cut too close to the bone. This guy is an okay-looking guy, but I don&#39;t find him the least bit attractive. Yet, he&#39;s told people on more than one occasion that he&#39;s sure I want to get in his pants. If he&#39;s telling people crap like that with absolutely zero proof, then I can afford to enjoy his discomfort over The Onion story.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
It&#39;s not a &#39;problem with gay guys&#39; per se. It&#39;s that chicks dig confidence, which someone who calls himself loser emo kid won&#39;t have.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by Doctor_Ay@Sep 27 2005, 10:25 AM
Man, every time I read one of your posts, I can&#39;t help but to think &#39;what an asshole&#39;. No offense... I&#39;ve had PLENTY of homosexual men basically &#39;harass&#39; me in locker rooms by implying that due to my size I HAVE to be gay, and that if im not, im just repressing something or lying to myself, etc. So, his point is somewhat valid. I&#39;m not saying that every single gay male that I have come across makes unwanted sexual advances, however, there are some that are persistent enough (to the point of harrassment) to make this complaint valid. Period.

So get the f* off your high horse and accept the fact that there might be some truth to this post.

In all honesty a very angry "get the fuck away from me NOW" is usually enough to dissuade all but the most vicious offenders, but then again I am also a pretty muscular guy. :shrug:
[post=346906]Quoted post[/post]​

Insecurity breeds contempt......and hostility.

Only insecure men question everyone, but themselves.

Methinks, thou dost protest too much.

Blech.

KidBrown

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I can remember obviously getting hit on by gay men only twice in my life. Once was a couple years ago in Baltimore when I was at a bar. This middle aged guy put his hand on mine and asked to buy me a drink. I said that I had enough money to buy myself a drink, but it was nice of him to ask. He then replied that he just wanted someone to talk to, so I bought him a drink instead and chatted with him for a bit. I&#39;m a sucker for a sad face and a sob story, haha. He had just broken up with his boyfriend (or so he said) and was lonely. I told him to get some more confidence and try talking with some people. At this point he must have been puzzled as hell, because he was like "that&#39;s what I&#39;m trying to do" &#33;&#33;&#33; I think I led him on a little bit, I should have said "I&#39;m not gay" a little earlier in the conversation, but later I saw him dancing with someone so maybe things turned out well for him.

Last week I went into Pier One Imports to buy my girlfriend a vase for the flowers I had bought her. According to my friends, not a lot of straight guys pick out vases from Pier One, haha. I went up to the counter to pay for it, the attendant said that I had good taste and asked who the vase was for. I said it was for my girlfriend, and he said "she&#39;s a lucky lady". I seriously laughed out loud and said "thanks man, I&#39;ll have to tell her that later". Then he proceeded to ask me if I wanted him to use his employee discount for the purchase, saying it would be "our little secret". So yeah, being nice to people pays sometimes, literally, haha. I kind of feel bad, but since he offered I guess it&#39;s no biggie.....especially since he knew I had a girlfriend.

Anyway, sorry to bore people, but honestly.......why would you be so upset if a gay guy hits on you?? I&#39;m seriously flattered when anyone finds me attractive, and I usually crack and ear to ear smile when I get compliments like that. Also, it&#39;s not about having a certain "look" in my opinion, although I&#39;m sure some of the gay members on the board might disagree with me. I think it has to deal more with the way you act, if you look people straight in the eye and smile when you meet them, etc. When I was in Pier One, I was wearing a dirty baseball hat, a Misfits shirt with a skull on the front of it, some Docs, and a pair of scruffy jeans.......plus I had a pretty rough 5 o&#39;clock shadow. It&#39;s nice to know that I can still look attractive to someone when I look like a bum, haha.

Edit: Also, this is a bit off topic, but is Acqua Di Gio cologne a fragrance that a lot of gay men wear or something? I fucking love the way it smells, but my girlfriend said the only guys she knew that wore it were gay. That sounds very odd to me, didn&#39;t figure certain smells were gay, hahaha.....either way, it&#39;s staying on my sink, it&#39;s my favorite scent.

KinkGuy

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Originally posted by KidBrown@Sep 27 2005, 11:28 PM
Edit: Also, this is a bit off topic, but is Acqua Di Gio cologne a fragrance that a lot of gay men wear or something? I fucking love the way it smells, but my girlfriend said the only guys she knew that wore it were gay. That sounds very odd to me, didn&#39;t figure certain smells were gay, hahaha.....either way, it&#39;s staying on my sink, it&#39;s my favorite scent.
[post=347076]Quoted post[/post]​

This "gay guy" has never even heard of whatever the stink you are referring to is. Being queer..........or straight, has no bearing on whether or not you wear perfume.

Doctor_Ay

1st Like
Media
Originally posted by KinkGuy+Sep 27 2005, 11:53 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(KinkGuy &#064; Sep 27 2005, 11:53 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>Insecurity breeds contempt......and hostility.

Only insecure men question everyone, but themselves.
[post=347059]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b]

And I love how that is the standard, typical accusatory &#39;gay&#39; reply. Then again.. why should I defend myself to you? Im perfectly happy in my sexuality and choices I have made in my life, and franky, that&#39;s all that matters to me. Nice try at making me feel insecure though. ;)

<!--QuoteBegin-KidBrown
@Sep 28 2005, 12:28 AM
[post=347076]Quoted post[/post]​
[/quote]
Thats funny... thats my favorite cologne too. Stuff is a pussy magnet. lol
Might I recommend:

Jean paul Gaultier
HM (Hanae Mori)

Kimahri

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
I didn&#39;t have a problem with gay guys when I was younger and still under the impression that I was straight. It was the ones that were stalking me to the practice fields and the library after school that bothered me.

As a gay guy, I&#39;ve hit on straight guys before. Sometimes I get somewhere, sometimes I don&#39;t. On the ones I don&#39;t they say thanks, but not their thing. I go "Damn" and say bye and walk away.