Problems with Gay guys

Discussion in 'Relationships, Discrimination, and Jealousy' started by SL65///AMG, Dec 18, 2005.

1. SL65///AMG

SL65///AMG New Member

I'm starting this topic b/c I'm feeling some of its implications on this site & in my life.

I'm wondering if guys who we identify as "gay" are actually limited in their acceptence of straight people, both women and other guys. This is what I mean: Why is there a need for grandstanding at every opportunity you get?

No I know its not all of you.. but seriously... I dont run around harrassing you into being straight. I dont run around with a Straight pride flag on... I'm dont feel the need to scream at the top of my lungs that I am straight.. I enjoy the feeling of a vagina.. the smell of a womans body and her soft skin more than the Jeep like appearance of a man.

So what is this about? Is this the cause of so many of our problems in the world? So I guess I'm asking this. Are we straight men so alienated from ourselves and others, that we've created this limited view of the world?

Patiently awaiting an answer to this double standard.. As my preventative measure in the other section has obviously offended some of you.

Ive talked to gay people before that had absolutely no interest in letting the world know.. and Ive seen some that feel they need to walk down the street making loud proclamations.. dont get it at all. Enlighten my fat-ass. Thanks.

2. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    shut up faggot

3. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    I have lots of questions about your post...but I'll keep it somewhat short and simple.

"I'm feeling some of its implications on this site & in my life" -If it's creating a havoc on your life, then this is not the board you should continue to be a member of. You Chose this board. Nobody else but you.

"Who We identify as Gay" - I didn't know there was a publishing house that identified people as gay. Obviously the identity of "We" hold no power. In addition, there is no clear external identification of sexual orientation on the body.

"Limited in acceptance of Straight People" - That's a new one.
    Its the other way around buddy.
    Why do straight people have narrow minds not to accept people of other Sexual Orientations?

"Why the bousting" - I admire men/women of other orientations to shout for their pride. Demonstrating opens peoples eyes on how MANY gay/lesbian/bi/etcetc people there are in this world, and how important of a role we play.

We are your doctors, your lawyers, your law enforcement, your Soldiers.
    Based on other threads - we are also Strong, and can kick the living shit out of another man if we have to.

They shout out for what they believe in. How many Self Proclaiming straight people have that type of courage?

"causing problems in this world" - The only problem arises when straight conservative people force their wishes on people of other orientations.
    What may be right for you, may not be right for me.

Straight men that want absolutely no communication with other men alienate themselves from the world. They force themselves down a narrow mindpath that they create themselves. Thus Alienating themselves from the world.

Say what you want - but it all boils down to you not wanting to get PM's and sex advances on this board.
    You Choose to read the PM's vs deleting them.
    You Choose to be a part of a board that discusses human sexuality, mainly the Penis.
    And Ultimately, you made a Choice to Join knowing that this may happen.

Did you piss people off, not really - you just clearly pointed out:
    "Yes, I'm straight, narrow minded and all I want on this board is to see titties. Gay guys fuck off."

And then you wonder why you get flamed. :rolleyes:

4. Rikter8

Gold Member

Albums:
    Hmm.... this is fishy...

This is nearly identical in wording to HungSpermboy..

Wonder if we have a double identity here folks...

Somebody's got an imagination.

5. madame_zora

Gold Member

I think what he's asking is why gay men want straight men to convert. It's a fair question, because we all know it's true, at least for some. Especially the lurkers here, they just seem to have more fun harassing straight guys. I'm also disappointed that we don't have sexual preferences on our avatars anymore, I think that helped cut down on the confusion, but that's not the whole issue.

I've said it before, but gat men are MEN. They are more aggressive than women in general, and there are those who push the issue beyond being pleasant, just like some straight guys do with women. I assume the post was a take-off on HSB's post on purpose, to make a point.

We should all respect each other's preferences once we know them, it makes for a happier board. That being said, if talking to gay guys offends you, you are definitely on the wrong site.

6. SL65///AMG

SL65///AMG New Member

Yes, Im fine with being narrow minded.. if it saves me from allowing my ass to go pounded. Thanks.

Zora.. thank you.. Im not being antagonistic here at all.. really.

7. invisibleman

Gold Member

Maybe it is because of implied social stigma. Implied that straight is okay. Gay isn't okay. Maybe, gay people aren't being heard or even seen. People shout when they are being ignored. Why do straight men have to hold on to the stigma that being gay is bad? Just think about a lot of silly shit that men do? Why aren't there openly gay actors playing hetero lead roles like James Bond or Superman? Why aren't there Black male actors playing James Bond and Superman? Why aren't there full-figured female models pictured in the Victoria Secret catalogue?
    I think that it is fine that you like women sexually. I respect that.

8. SL65///AMG

SL65///AMG New Member

Did anyone ever get what they want by being that way? Wouldnt some recognize that there are very few people that will actually listen to someone who is continually complaining about something?

The gay movement is a recent thing (within the last 50 years) so wouldnt some people expect it to not be accepted easily? Oh right.. its natural if you want it to be.. ok.

9. B_DoubleMeatWhopper

B_DoubleMeatWhopper New Member

Okay. I do not accept gay people versus straight people: I accept people who have earned my acceptance regardless of sexuality. I do not try to convert straight people and don't think that a true conversion can take place. Someone doesn't 'turn gay'. Some may disagree, but I'm stating my opinion. I don't cruise straight men. I've had sex with straight men who were curious or experimenting, but in every case, they approached me, not vice-versa. I have no desire to step beyond their limits. I don't proclaim my sexuality nor do I deny it. Who I am as a human being is much more than my sexual identity. I am a person that some people find interesting, even engaging, without mention of whom I find sexually attractive. There are even some basic homophobes out there who know of my penchant for ass piracy, yet don't feel uncomfortable around me. We don't all swish and wear lip gloss (but 99% do know show tunes!;) ) Be careful about painting us with too wide a brush: we are people, not walking stereotypes. And trust me, there are plenty of straight dudes out there who feel the need to proclaim their heterosexuality to the world. How many times have I heard, "He's got a great build, not that I'm queer or anything," or something equally as boorish. In my life, it's only an issue if someone else makes it one. I'm comfortable with being a regular guy who just happens to find men rather than women to be sexually attractive. I'm no threat to any straight guy.

10. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

Hmm. Actually, being gay or straight isn't just something that just suddenly appeared. It has been there all throughout history. But, back then, it was punnishable by death. Think of a pilgrim, would they have accepted being gay? In the 1920's, Women brought they're skirts up, took off their corsets (and or bra's), and said "this is who I am. I'm every good bit as good as you men, and if you don't like it, then bite me, because I'm tired of being ignored." People thought, "what is up with these crazy women". Actually, men thought that. :) Gays, like women, have been long cooped up, hiding who they are, and not being accepted in society. In recent years, homosexual men have done the same thing. "We are here too, and if you don't like who I am, then you can lick my ass, because I'm not hiding anymore!" Another analagy to women. Women are women because they were/are born that way. Same with being homosexual or heterosexual. It isn't something you choose, it is something that is *programmed* into your personallity.

*steps off soapbox, wonders what a soapbox actually is, and wanders away*

By the way, whats wrong with showtunes???? I love showtunes!!!!

11. mistergrasso

mistergrasso Member

What the fuck are you talking about?

12. B_Danceswithlamps

B_Danceswithlamps New Member

Actually, I'm not sure why I rambled on about what I did... Wow, that was a new level of random... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

What I tried to say, was that being gay isn't anything new. Being publicly gay is.

Also, if someone is gay, it isn't a choice, it is an allele influinced genetic trait, influenced by both sides of your family. It is in your personality. That being said, being publically gay is a choice.

13. dlcs

dlcs New Member

Reminds me of something my college GBF once said... he was bitching about a guy he had a date with who was eyeing other men the whole night.

GBF: But that one is straight.
    Date: I can get him.

As he was wearily recounting the evening over coffee and cheese sticks, he said "I think this guy has 'evangelical crotch' syndrome. He kept talking about all the men he'd converted."

Sad to say, there are boundary-bashers everywhere. Honestly, it takes a certain amount of self-acceptance to NOT have that kind of attitude.

*raises her Diet Pepsi to DMW* Keep the standards high, man.

14. GoneA

Gold Member

no ... no it's not.

15. Captain_hung

Captain_hung New Member

My veiw point is that most people will accept most things untill its thrust into their faces. This is just my view point but i'd have to say that things like hero parades tend to aggravate people because it kinda forces the issue on people who otherwise wouldnt care less. Its like this church (more of a cult really) down here in new zealand, for years it went about its own stuff and noone minded then a few years back it had an anti gay march this put it in the spot light and gave people something to be pissed about now almost the whole country hates/takes the piss out of this cult/church.
    so what i guess im trying to say is that by being too public about anything you will probably piss someone off because some people will feel that you are trying to force your belifes/sexuality/tupperware (damn those tupperware salesmen) on them.

now if anyone can figure out what the hell im on about and put it in smarter words please do.

16. Dr Rock

Gold Member

who lives in the east 'neath the willow tree? Sex
    pretty sure that's the idea, chief

17. invisibleman

Gold Member

Well, I think that maybe people don't want to be bullied or overshadowed. Every time, you have a marriage or take a girl out to the prom--it is a Straight Pride event. When you can hold your girlfriend's hand in public and kiss a girl without fear of getting shot by skinheads or black gangs or crazy youth--it is a Straight flag you fly. The really trippy question you guys should be answering is: There many closeted gay people marrying straight. Do you really know your partner well-enough to know that maybe your man or woman may actually have gay tendencies? What kind of marriage is that? I think that I would hate it if I were bullied into marrying a woman because it would be socially acceptable. Maybe these closeted individuals actually resent openly gay people because the closeted ones didn't feel or never felt free to be themselves. There are a lot of things people don't actually notice or even care to ask when you are hetero. But people are very deep spirits, you don't get to know them by skating on the ice, you have to swim and explore the lake. Ask questions. Be prepared for answers you may not want to hear. This means everybody. Get to know those characters well. Stereotypes are for suckers.

18. Lex

Lex
    Gold Member

This is a complicated issue. I identify as QUEER--I like both men and women and I have both straight and gay/bi/queer friends with whom I am close. I agree 100% with DMW--I don't want to ever go past someone's comfort zone and I expect my limits to be respected at all times as well. I have never understood the whole "Conquering the Straight Guy" fetish.

19. Matthew

Gold Member

hahaha

20. Pappy

Pappy Member

Do you straight guys think that us gay guys would want to suck on a dick that has been marinated in pussy juice(no offense ladies)?? If the packaging was appealing enough, maybe, but it's doubtful.

Draft saved Draft deleted