Problems with Straight Guys

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Oct 17 2005, 02:40 PM
In any case, Bruce, those aren't really pics of you anyway, right? Bigwhitecocklover Lauren has a pic in her gallery that looks just like one of yours and is the pic of a guy called Hung Honey from Washington State who famously sold pics of himself (and his underwear) on eBay.
[post=352558]Quoted post[/post]​

Really?

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by Hung Muscle@Oct 17 2005, 07:40 AM
In any case, Bruce, those aren't really pics of you anyway, right? Bigwhitecocklover Lauren has a pic in her gallery that looks just like one of yours and is the pic of a guy called Hung Honey from Washington State who famously sold pics of himself (and his underwear) on eBay.

Yes, they are of me - I don't know who you are referring to with this WA/State guy, but if there's a similarity, it's just that, a similarity. I don't know how often, but that occurrs.

Still, I think there's a significant difference between not expressing affection and regarding other men as objects - lacking affection doesn't necessarily lead to this view towards other men.

Bruce

BruceSter

Experimental Member
Media
It's a damn thing if the Edit button fails all the time, especially during you're typing... so here's a little addition.

Oh, and one more word about the newly fashionable term "cavemen" (who drag their females by the hair)... those who have to use violent/forceful measures to keep their woman around them, or dissect them from any social life, aren't men in my eyes - you know the little rhyme, "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn't keep her. He put her in a pumpkin shell, and there he kept her very well."

Bruce

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BruceSter@Oct 17 2005, 04:28 PM
It's a damn thing if the Edit button fails all the time, especially during you're typing... so here's a little addition.

Oh, and one more word about the newly fashionable term "cavemen" (who drag their females by the hair)... those who have to use violent/forceful measures to keep their woman around them, or dissect them from any social life, aren't men in my eyes - you know the little rhyme, "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn't keep her. He put her in a pumpkin shell, and there he kept her very well."

Bruce
[post=352586]Quoted post[/post]​

"Until she broke a loose one day, and killed him with a bowl of clay. She cut him up and fried him good, and fed him to the neighborhood.

jonb

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by BruceSter@Oct 17 2005, 08:28 AM

The irony being that there are so few men who do it today, it's likely so antithetical to human nature that it doesn't happen. Not to mention evolutionary suicide (since she might be, I don't know, pregnant).

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by jonb+Oct 17 2005, 06:50 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(jonb &#064; Oct 17 2005, 06:50 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-BruceSter@Oct 17 2005, 08:28 AM
It&#39;s a damn thing if the Edit button fails all the time, especially during you&#39;re typing... so here&#39;s a little addition.

Oh, and one more word about the newly fashionable term "cavemen" (who drag their females by the hair)... those who have to use violent/forceful measures to keep their woman around them, or dissect them from any social life, aren&#39;t men in my eyes - you know the little rhyme, "Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater, had a wife and couldn&#39;t keep her. He put her in a pumpkin shell, and there he kept her very well."
The irony being that there are so few men who do it today, it&#39;s likely so antithetical to human nature that it doesn&#39;t happen. Not to mention evolutionary suicide (since she might be, I don&#39;t know, pregnant).
[post=352724]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]
Didn&#39;t really understand all the above, but wanted to point out that, according to that raving feminist organization called the FBI, the number of men who use force against their partners numbers in the millions in the US alone. And unfortunately, whether it&#39;s evolutionarily sound or not, there&#39;s no indication that those men become less violent if their wife is pregnant. Hello, Scott Peterson?

Skinny Guinea

Experimental Member
Media
Originally posted by HungSpermBoy@Sep 26 2005, 07:51 PM
I&#39;m starting this topic b/c I&#39;m feeling some of its implications on this site & in my life.

I&#39;m wondering if we guys who identify as "straight" are actually limited in our acceptence of ourselves and others, both women and other guys. This is what I mean: straight women seem to like other women, and they like men. Lesbian women seem to like women a lot but also like men. Gay guys definitely like guys and also women. But we straight guys just like women. We feel that other guys are competition & are not to be trusted. We only find our sole support in a woman.

So what is this about? Is this the cause of so many of our problems in the world? So I guess I&#39;m asking this. Are we straight men so alienated from ourselves and others, that we&#39;ve created this limited view of the world?

:freak:
[post=346805]Quoted post[/post]​

I don&#39;t think I&#39;m limiting myself at all. I think I&#39;m just being true to who I am. I am sexually attracted to women. And while I do see beauty in men, I don&#39;t want to have sex with a man. And the beauty I see in men is a type of brotherly thing; in other words, it makes me feel proud to see that other men are good looking because it makes me feel like I come from a good looking "group." On the other hand, being straight, there seems to be a bit of competition and/or jealousy when I see that another guy is either better looking than me and/or hung better. But I don&#39;t think competition is a strictly straight male thing, but a human thing. Don&#39;t tell me gay men don&#39;t get competitive, and we all know how competitive women can be.

GoneA

Sexy Member
Media
Originally posted by Skinny Guinea+Oct 23 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Skinny Guinea &#064; Oct 23 2005, 08:28 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-HungSpermBoy@Sep 26 2005, 07:51 PM
I&#39;m starting this topic b/c I&#39;m feeling some of its implications on this site & in my life.

I&#39;m wondering if we guys who identify as "straight" are actually limited in our acceptence of ourselves and others, both women and other guys. This is what I mean: straight women seem to like other women, and they like men. Lesbian women seem to like women a lot but also like men. Gay guys definitely like guys and also women. But we straight guys just like women. We feel that other guys are competition & are not to be trusted. We only find our sole support in a woman.

So what is this about? Is this the cause of so many of our problems in the world? So I guess I&#39;m asking this. Are we straight men so alienated from ourselves and others, that we&#39;ve created this limited view of the world?

:freak:
[post=346805]Quoted post[/post]​

I don&#39;t think I&#39;m limiting myself at all. I think I&#39;m just being true to who I am. I am sexually attracted to women. And while I do see beauty in men, I don&#39;t want to have sex with a man. And the beauty I see in men is a type of brotherly thing; in other words, it makes me feel proud to see that other men are good looking because it makes me feel like I come from a good looking "group." On the other hand, being straight, there seems to be a bit of competition and/or jealousy when I see that another guy is either better looking than me and/or hung better. But I don&#39;t think competition is a strictly straight male thing, but a human thing. Don&#39;t tell me gay men don&#39;t get competitive, and we all know how competitive women can be.
[post=354594]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

I think men are more competitive than women and/or gay men. Submission, it seems to me, just is not an inherent quality in many heterosexual males.

I do side with you Skinny, in that I do think EVERYONE is competitive and has their share of prideful characteristics. Humans are this way, and, it is a limiting quality.

This reminds me of a quote from, the anti-humanist, Henry Miller: "True strength lies in submission which permits one to dedicate his life, through devotion, to something beyond himself."

B_Hung Muscle

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Originally posted by BruceSter+Oct 17 2005, 10:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BruceSter &#064; Oct 17 2005, 10:24 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle@Oct 17 2005, 07:40 AM
In any case, Bruce, those aren&#39;t really pics of you anyway, right?  Bigwhitecocklover Lauren has a pic in her gallery that looks just like one of yours and is the pic of a guy called Hung Honey from Washington State who famously sold pics of himself (and his underwear) on eBay.

Yes, they are of me - I don&#39;t know who you are referring to with this WA/State guy, but if there&#39;s a similarity, it&#39;s just that, a similarity. I don&#39;t know how often, but that occurrs.

Bruce
[post=352568]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

Ummm, then there&#39;s a little problem here. "Eric the Ebay Model" has a big ol&#39; yahoo group devoted to him:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/erictheebaym...yguid=164298634

Some of the hot pics you posted in your gallery -- and the one in Lauren&#39;s gallery -- are the same as the ones found here of Eric, a guy from Washington State who sold 1000s of pics of himself and his underwear on Ebay back in 2000-1. Are you really him? If you are, let me tell you, you fueled lots of hot chat and discussion all across America... If not, something&#39;s up.

Alley Blue

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Originally posted by Hung Muscle+Oct 28 2005, 06:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Hung Muscle &#064; Oct 28 2005, 06:29 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by BruceSter@Oct 17 2005, 10:24 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Hung Muscle
@Oct 17 2005, 07:40 AM
In any case, Bruce, those aren&#39;t really pics of you anyway, right?  Bigwhitecocklover Lauren has a pic in her gallery that looks just like one of yours and is the pic of a guy called Hung Honey from Washington State who famously sold pics of himself (and his underwear) on eBay.

Yes, they are of me - I don&#39;t know who you are referring to with this WA/State guy, but if there&#39;s a similarity, it&#39;s just that, a similarity. I don&#39;t know how often, but that occurrs.

Bruce
[post=352568]Quoted post[/post]​

Ummm, then there&#39;s a little problem here. "Eric the Ebay Model" has a big ol&#39; yahoo group devoted to him:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/erictheebaym...yguid=164298634

Some of the hot pics you posted in your gallery -- and the one in Lauren&#39;s gallery -- are the same as the ones found here of Eric, a guy from Washington State who sold 1000s of pics of himself and his underwear on Ebay back in 2000-1. Are you really him? If you are, let me tell you, you fueled lots of hot chat and discussion all across America... If not, something&#39;s up.
[post=356293]Quoted post[/post]​
[/b][/quote]

:shocked:
Get yourself a lawyer and make some money off that guy.....he done stole your photo&#39;s&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Grit

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't have any attractions to guys. If a guy came on to me I would be out of there -- thats just not for me. And that is not to say that I can't be friends with a guy.

Now women... well here I can relate and share. Sex with a girl thats a sharing of emotions that I just would not be able to share with a guy.

B_HungSpermBoy

1st Like
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Grit said:
I don't have any attractions to guys. If a guy came on to me I would be out of there -- thats just not for me. And that is not to say that I can't be friends with a guy.

Now women... well here I can relate and share. Sex with a girl thats a sharing of emotions that I just would not be able to share with a guy.

I just wonder why you can't share emotions with a guy? I mean, without the sex part?

prepstudinsc

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
Because we're taught that we're not supposed to have emotions, let alone share them with another man. "Straight men just don't do those things."
It's natural and healthy to want to bond and share emotional things with guys and I think the tide is finally turning. It's cool to be able to have a close guy friend that you can share with and it not be sexual. It's a whole brother kind of relationship. For those of us who don't have a real brother, having a close male friend is important--that intimate non-sexual male relationship is very special to me.

titan1968

Loved Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Viking, I agree 100% with you on this topic, and your mesage was beautifully written. When we give someone a real hug, we really are telling the other person 'Hey, I've missed you, how have you been?'.

Although it was quite rare just a few years ago, I have noticed that Canadian men seem to hug other men (or other women ) more than ever before, and I think that it's nice. On the other hand, kissing between two straight men is rare, and seems limited to Canadians of Greek, Russian or French (not French Canadian) extraction.

I believe that if two people feel like hugging or kissing each other, then let them be.

Hugs to all!

Titan1968

Matthew

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I've been lucky to have several deep platonic friendships with men. All friendships can bring something unique and rewarding, and the kind of bond you can have with a "brother" is one of the greatest things in life. A few times some of those friendships have gotten so strong that it felt almost like being in love. It's almost never led to anything sexual, although I guess it's not impossible that a few could have. Anyway, I feel sorry for guys who are too shut down to have a chance to experience this, but hey - to each their own. Some people live for parachuting out of planes and I don't feel bad that I'll never experience that.

Anyjoe

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
titan1968 said:
Viking, I agree 100% with you on this topic, and your mesage was beautifully written. When we give someone a real hug, we really are telling the other person 'Hey, I've missed you, how have you been?'.

Although it was quite rare just a few years ago, I have noticed that Canadian men seem to hug other men (or other women ) more than ever before, and I think that it's nice. On the other hand, kissing between two straight men is rare, and seems limited to Canadians of Greek, Russian or French (not French Canadian) extraction.

I believe that if two people feel like hugging or kissing each other, then let them be.

Hugs to all!

Titan1968
And Italian men ???????