Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Everyone is an adult.

Yep. I teach young folks, most of whom are considered adults of the age of minority. I would also get fired at the drop of a hat if I got reported in a sexual situation with a student at the time. "Everyone is an adult" is not a defense. And those of you who insist that it is, please proceed.

jp

Worshipped Member
Verified
Gold
Platinum Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
I saw a handful of professors in the showers at school and it was totally fine. There just wasn't much cruising in the first place, and the professors wouldn't linger even to make casual conversation.

I think it won't be a problem if you just go in and out quickly.

tony decatur

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
In grad school I took a racquetball class. One of the young professors heard me talking about class and invited me to play racquetball with him. Several days later we went over to the rec center and found the locker room. We took lockers next to each other, changed, and played. He was Greek, and typically very hairy. After our game we went and showered together. At first it was awkward because I didn't know him as a "guy," but rather as a professor. We showered and went in the sauna together naked and got very comfortable with our nudity. We became good friends.

Rippedspeedo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lifeguard in the univercity pool and have seen most of my profs nude.If I'm showering I engage them in talk.Sometimes I'm slip out of my speedo and act like I'm just showering.They get a good view of my body and sometimes they hit on me.

Steve26

1st LPSG Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Yep. I teach young folks, most of whom are considered adults of the age of minority. I would also get fired at the drop of a hat if I got reported in a sexual situation with a student at the time. "Everyone is an adult" is not a defense. And those of you who insist that it is, please proceed.

+100 to this.

I work on a campus, and use the gym when I'm there. My institution has a strict "no relationships" policy between ANY employee (faculty or staff) and ANY undergrad. I'm pretty sure that if a complaint were filed over gym showers/sauna "play" of any kind between an employee and undergrad, that employee would be terminated — even if a tenured faculty member. In the "Me Too" era, few colleges are going to assume the legal/reputational risks of an "anything goes" attitude toward this.

Steve

Rippedspeedo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Lifeguard in the univercity pool and have seen most of my profs nude.If I'm showering I engage them in talk.Sometimes I'm slip out of my speedo and act like I'm just showering.They get a good view of my body and sometimes they hit on me.
would we have sex at the gym ? No.

dancinfool

Admired Member
Verified
Gold
Cammer
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I also work at a small liberal arts college and have avoided the gym entirely for this very reason. That said, I’d recommend either working out at the end of your day and showering when you get home OR only showering when it’s crowded and you have enough men in the shower that you wouldn’t get accused of anything. We have a strict “never find yourself alone in a room with a student” policy and are encouraged to either leave our doors open during office hours or meet students in a public space. I’ve had a student pretty actively pursue me, but luckily it was a pretty harmless crush, none of his actions were sexual (just made lots of innuendos about wanting to date me), and he was too awkward to try to act on anything.

Institutions differ and some only have rules pertaining to relationships between faculty and students they actively teach/oversee. That, however, is becoming increasingly uncommon as these universities try to limit their own liability.

Protect yourself. I’ve lost colleagues for significantly less salacious activities that were misconstrued by students and led to false claims and reports.

Tightjokguy

Loved Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
I need to swing by IU to see this show.

hung9mike

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
+100 to this.

I work on a campus, and use the gym when I'm there. My institution has a strict "no relationships" policy between ANY employee (faculty or staff) and ANY undergrad. I'm pretty sure that if a complaint were filed over gym showers/sauna "play" of any kind between an employee and undergrad, that employee would be terminated — even if a tenured faculty member. In the "Me Too" era, few colleges are going to assume the legal/reputational risks of an "anything goes" attitude toward this.

Oh, you can be sure you would be the subject of a Title IX investigation before you knew what hit you. And it wouldn't be pretty.

Reactions: longlegspiderhead

Rippedspeedo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
There are professors who still pursue guys strongly.I have one prof who stops by my locker when I'm nude all the time.Looks at me like I'm a steak.
Showed up today and ran his wet finger down my back to my tight crack.The finger went in deep.

SirFroak

Expert Member
Account Deletion Pending
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Showed up today and ran his wet finger down my back to my tight crack.The finger went in deep.
I'm sure he did ;)

On to more credible stories..

I definitely bumped across a couple of profs in my time who put out a play vibe. However, given today's environment where you will not only be fired, but your career will be ruined if you engage on that level with students, light flirting stayed at the level of an occasional look.

Rippedspeedo

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
Into more credible story
I'm sure he did ;)

On to more credible stories..

I definitely bumped across a couple of profs in my time who put out a play vibe. However, given today's environment where you will not only be fired, but your career will be ruined if you engage on that level with students, light flirting stayed at the level of an occasional look.