Project Implicit - Harvard Study

Discussion in 'Et Cetera, Et Cetera' started by IntoxicatingToxin, Feb 8, 2008.

1. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

This is an assignment that my Sociology teacher gave me, but it's actually quite interesting... it's a study hosted by Harvard regarding bias'. You can sign up as part of the research group, or take the "demo" tests online. We're only doing the demos, so I don't know much about the actual research group. But all you do is take short, easy tests regarding Gender, Sex, Age, Race, whatever... and it sort of tells you how biased you are towards one of the two extremes in the test. For example, I have a moderate automatic preference for young compared to old, and I have a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American. (I hope no one gets offended by that. :rolleyes: ) So anyway, it's really intersting... you may get results you don't like or agree with, but hey... that's the nature of the test.

Demo tests are here: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/demo/takeatest.html

Research study is here: https://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/research/

2. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

Hahaha... I just took the "gay/straight" test and I apparently have a moderate automatic preference for gay people compared to straight people. :tongue:

3. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

Apparently I have a 28% automatic preference for straight people.. lol news to me. On that count alone.. I know that the test isn't accurate for me.

4. IntoxicatingToxin

Gold Member

That's not true. You could have one and not realize it. It's just like people who aren't racist but still have a preference for white folks. (Like me.) It's basically judging your initial reaction. The reaction you have before you even realize you reacted.

5. B_Think_Kink

B_Think_Kink New Member

I think for me the test is off though because I do have such poor hand eye co-ordination.

Draft saved Draft deleted