Project Runway--who's watching?

snobbes

Sexy Member
Media
Why does grown up men watch this kind of shows? or women for that matter. ? or kids ? they could have so much more fun watching paint dry.

Last edited:

kyberneticka

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Why does grown up men watch this kind of shows? or women for that matter. ? or kids ? they could have so much more fun watching paint dry.

Because it's not your typical reality show. It's a real competition with skewed judging (producers are way too involved in the decisions to make "better tv").

Please don't confuse this great show with Paris Hilton's New BFF.

mattbuddy

Expert Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Because it's not your typical reality show. It's a real competition with skewed judging (producers are way too involved in the decisions to make "better tv").

Please don't confuse this great show with Paris Hilton's New BFF.

Very true! Usually I hate reality TV unless they show some sort of talent in some way. This show is great because its very interesting to see how everything is made and how these very talented people can do it in so little of time.
MTV shows all suck because all what those shows are, are a bunch of hollow headed dumbasses running around sleeping with each other. That's not reality TV.

rickygNOLA

Superior Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Very true! Usually I hate reality TV unless they show some sort of talent in some way. This show is great because its very interesting to see how everything is made and how these very talented people can do it in so little of time.
MTV shows all suck because all what those shows are, are a bunch of hollow headed dumbasses running around sleeping with each other. That's not reality TV.

thank you, hot mattie.

coxslover

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Actually, if you want to watch paint dry, that would be Top Design which follows Project Runway. But hey, that's another thread.

Back to the runway, I thought that this year's talent pool was lacking compared to past seasons, that was why they let 4 designers create collections for Fashion Week. They were afraid of shoddy clothes marching up the runway. They only kept Kenley this long because the producers needed someone to hate, ie. drama. She was the Wendy Pepper of the season.

cocktoberfest

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
in the midst of all the kenley bashing, I still love her. she's barely out of her teens so I forgive her for being a brat. i like her personality, her style, her drive and most of all, her clothes.

B_theOtherJJ

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Hey, takes ones mind off the failing stock market and bad economy..

And to Snobbes, I am sure you just love the shows on the WB channel. They have a bit more "flava", right ????

Media
I lean towards Korto. The rest bore me to tears. Kinely needs to popped upside her head. It is rude and disrespectful the way she carries on. There is nothing about any them that is truly innovative. This reminds me of that Santino Rice, twisting fabrics as he did and the attitude, I cannot abide that man. Jeffery Sabilla was so gross to me but he had some fantastic designs.

Jerell's clothes were so gross. Gawdy is a word that comes to mind, I saw low class all over his stuff. Drag queenish, garish and even then some wouldn't wear that. I am sure they will allow him to work Bryant Park as they allowed Kara Jenks (sp?) a show there even though she was last place.

Kinley's wedding dress WAS very McQueen. She may have come up with that on her own but it was a fresh take on a traditional idea. She can design when focused but over all I don't care for her or the others like I have in previous seasons.

snobbes

Sexy Member
Media
Hey, takes ones mind off the failing stock market and bad economy..

And to Snobbes, I am sure you just love the shows on the WB channel. They have a bit more "flava", right ????

Keep on sleeping and U have 8 more "fabulous" years. What is WB channel? I tried to google it ...

peachiekeen

Just Browsing
Media
Ya, this season really hasn''t done it for me. My guess is because this is the last season on Bravo they kinda dropped the ball to spite Lifetime when it comes back. My favorite to win is Korto. Kenley makes me wish I were a chick just for like, 2 minutes so I could knock the crap out of her and not feel too bad about it. Leanna definitely had the nicest dress combo for the last challenge, but I think Korto's whole collection is better. I'm really hoping she wins, f Kenley takes it, I'm gonna have to feed her to a pack of dogs. It won't end well... :rolleyes: