Democrats
Barack Obama 35%
John Edwards 31%
Hillary Clinton 30%

Republicans
Mike Huckabee 31%
Mitt Romney 23%
Fred Thompson 13%

:usa2:HOLY CRAP! I don't know what I expected, but it darn sure wasn't this.

faceking

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Two things...

eliminate the crap that happens in Iowa and New Hampshire as it's representative of what 1.3% of what the USA is....

and as a first step... don't make states winner take all (Democrats hate hearing about this).... big step is making California a split electoral vote.... let the left win SF and LA and the coast... and let the right win OC and SD and the valley and mountains...

and then the second step... redistrict on plain geography, not drawing boundaries that suit one party or another.

then... after a couple elections pursue the plausibility of a popular election.

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You know, I predicted the winners absolutely correctly!

Now, other states may go differently, but I'm predicting these results as the winners overall from all the primaries.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
You should note that not all precincts are reported yet. These numbers will change.
I did note that, that's why I said Projected winners not winners. :smile:

Two things...
eliminate the crap that happens in Iowa and New Hampshire as it's representative of what 1.3% of what the USA is....

and as a first step... don't make states winner take all (Democrats hate hearing about this).... big step is making California a split electoral vote.... let the left win SF and LA and the coast... and let the right win OC and SD and the valley and mountains...

and then the second step... redistrict on plain geography, not drawing boundaries that suit one party or another.
then... after a couple elections pursue the plausibility of a popular election.
This was a rhetorical statement, right?

You know, I predicted the winners absolutely correctly!

Now, other states may go differently, but I'm predicting these results as the winners overall from all the primaries.

So you think we may end up with a President Huckabee?:eek:

whatireallywant

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
So you think we may end up with a President Huckabee?:eek:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I HOPE NOT!!!!! (The man absolutely terrifies me!) I just predicted he would win on the Republican side because there are an awful lot of fundamentalist voters out there...

President Obama would be just fine, though! :smile:

catman

Cherished Member
Media
Sexuality
50% Straight, 50% Gay
I have to agree- Huckaby is simply terrifying...

also note that Gulliani (sp) did NOT put his 'forces' behind Iowa..

How soon before Edwards drops out?

mindseye

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
I think it's early to suggest that Edwards "drop out"; he finished second (barely, I'd admit) in the caucus. Edwards is relatively strong in Nevada and South Carolina -- if he pulls a surprise in any of the other January states (Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire), that'll rekindle his momentum.

I agree the odds are against him, but not by such an astronomical amount that he should withdraw after the first event in the race.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
I've been following this Race since Nov. 06 when Dems retook the House and Senate.

My Analysis:

1. Obama is from a neighboring state of Iowa.
2. Edwards has been campaigning since 2003 in Iowa.
3. Hillary was warned and suggested to drop any campaigning in Iowa because of #1 and #2.

4. Hillary WILL win Michigan (Obama Edwards took their names off the ballot)

5. Hillary is strong in New Hampshire but Independents may push Obama over.

6. Hillary is strong in Florida (No Dems are allowed to campaign there)

7. She is strong in Nevada.

8. If Obama wins another state, it seems like South Carolina will be Obama state also.

9. Unless Obama wins 2+ more states(before Feb 5th SuperTuesday), I predict Hillary will win the Nomination on Feb. 5th. (Thanks to NY, CA, PA, etc. big states) Why? Because history shows african american candidates always come out 4-6% lower than expected....underlying racism? unfortunately.

10. Bill Clinton has repeatedly said It will be harder for Hillary to win the Nomination than the General Election.

11. I LOVE HILLARY!!!!!!

swordfishME

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Gay, 20% Straight
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! At least I HOPE NOT!!!!! (The man absolutely terrifies me!) I just predicted he would win on the Republican side because there are an awful lot of fundamentalist voters out there...

President Obama would be just fine, though! :smile:

President Obama is not a realistic possibility. Over the Christmas period, I had a chance to discuss politics with a some people from "America's heartland" and the attitude towards an Obama candidacy was accurately summed up by one person who said (and I apologize in advance if this offends anyone) "*igger has forgot his place in life." As sad as this is, as long as these attitudes are out there, an Obama presidency is not a possibility.

I think it's early to suggest that Edwards "drop out"; he finished second (barely, I'd admit) in the caucus. Edwards is relatively strong in Nevada and South Carolina -- if he pulls a surprise in any of the other January states (Florida, Michigan, New Hampshire), that'll rekindle his momentum.

I agree the odds are against him, but not by such an astronomical amount that he should withdraw after the first event in the race.

I am shocked that Edwards finished second; I did not expect him to place in the top three regardless of what the polls say. Edwards in the begining tried to base his campign on sympathy because of a dying wife and now with accusation that he has a pregnant mistress, he is politically finished (regardless to wether the rumours are actually true or not). If by some stupid mircale he does win the nomination (or is the VEEP candidate) I feel that we might as well cancel the general election and swear in the republican nominee.

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
President Obama is not a realistic possibility. Over the Christmas period, I had a chance to discuss politics with a some people from "America's heartland" and the attitude towards an Obama candidacy was accurately summed up by one person who said (and I apologize in advance if this offends anyone) "*igger has forgot his place in life." As sad as this is, as long as these attitudes are out there, an Obama presidency is not a possibility.

This is what I tried to say a year ago and many people here jumped down my throat like you wouldn't believe! :rolleyes:

I am shocked that Edwards finished second; I did not expect him to place in the top three regardless of what the polls say. Edwards in the begining tried to base his campign on sympathy because of a dying wife and now with accusation that he has a pregnant mistress, he is politically finished (regardless to wether the rumours are actually true or not). If by some stupid mircale he does win the nomination (or is the VEEP candidate) I feel that we might as well cancel the general election and swear in the republican nominee.
I'm shocked he finished 2nd as well. To me he has always been a bit of a milktoast. I hadn't heard the rumors about the pregnant mistress. :eek: That's horrible and a definite deathknell for his campaign if it is true or gets more press.