Projected Iowa Caucus Winners

JC8

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Coming from the epicenter of this first step in the nomination process, I may be biased, but most of the people posting here show exactly why Iowa is the first state. No one seems to be really paying attention, and in Iowa, we really pay attention, and the size of the state allows for a connection with a lot of people, face to face, with the candidates.

The majority of you are missing a big component of the Huckabee ascent, he's a populist Republican. Don't know what that is? That's because they haven't been allowed to speak publicly for 30 or 40 years. Rather than promoting hate under the auspice of bible verse, he, rather eloquently I might add, demonstrates how his principles lead him.

Did any of you even watch the debates? Does it not mean anything to you that Fox News is biased against him? Also, only 45% of the Christian vote went to Huckabee, the other 55% was split amongst the remaining R's. I think too many of you are letting the media spoon feed you, but maybe I'm the one missing the boat ...

Anyway, I couldn't be more pleased that Hillary came in third. Sorry mcsizzle (btw, I don't lump you in with the uninformed majority mentioned earlier; actually you're the one exception, albeit blindly loyal - which to paraphrase Bill is a symptom of being a Democrat, they fall in love with "their" candidates, when in reality, when the time comes, they should learn to fall in line).

And now for the really big reveal: I supported Edwards, and have since 2003. I'm a died in the wool, bleeding heart, liberal. It sickens me to see how infiltrated the government is with corporations, and furthermore, how effectively that relationship is dismissed by the populous, as they drink the mass media's kool-aid.

As a final note, I'd vote for Bill Clinton every day of the year if two plus terms were allowed. (aside: The previous paraphrase is from the 2003 Harkin Steak Fry, I think; you've never seen a politician speak until you've seen Bill in person).

SpeedoGuy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
I also think America would elect a black president if Colin Powell ran. He's widely perceived to have integrity, has loads of respect for getting out of Bush's administration when he did, and, more than any other candidate, he has a presidential aura. Powell comes across as a statesman, not a politician.

Yikes, jason! :eek:

Powell had credibility and an aura of experience and statesmanship but its a stretch to believe he retains any of that now. His veneer wore off and his ambition proved more potent. Powell squandered his reputation while shilling for W's illegal, ill-planned, ill-advised war.

And his reward for serving as a loyal W apologist? To be shown to the door by W and his cronies.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
Coming from the epicenter of this first step in the nomination process, I may be biased, but most of the people posting here show exactly why Iowa is the first state. No one seems to be really paying attention, and in Iowa, we really pay attention, and the size of the state allows for a connection with a lot of people, face to face, with the candidates.

The majority of you are missing a big component of the Huckabee ascent, he's a populist Republican. Don't know what that is? That's because they haven't been allowed to speak publicly for 30 or 40 years. Rather than promoting hate under the auspice of bible verse, he, rather eloquently I might add, demonstrates how his principles lead him.

Did any of you even watch the debates? Does it not mean anything to you that Fox News is biased against him? Also, only 45% of the Christian vote went to Huckabee, the other 55% was split amongst the remaining R's. I think too many of you are letting the media spoon feed you, but maybe I'm the one missing the boat ...

Anyway, I couldn't be more pleased that Hillary came in third. Sorry mcsizzle (btw, I don't lump you in with the uninformed majority mentioned earlier; actually you're the one exception, albeit blindly loyal - which to paraphrase Bill is a symptom of being a Democrat, they fall in love with "their" candidates, when in reality, when the time comes, they should learn to fall in line).

And now for the really big reveal: I supported Edwards, and have since 2003. I'm a died in the wool, bleeding heart, liberal. It sickens me to see how infiltrated the government is with corporations, and furthermore, how effectively that relationship is dismissed by the populous, as they drink the mass media's kool-aid.

As a final note, I'd vote for Bill Clinton every day of the year if two plus terms were allowed. (aside: The previous paraphrase is from the 2003 Harkin Steak Fry, I think; you've never seen a politician speak until you've seen Bill in person).

Thanks for excluding me from the uninformed lol....I supported Edwards in 03/04 cause he was young and fresh. But Young and Fresh let Cheney basically ridicule him in the debates. I think he had his chance. (does this let me out of the blind loyalty?) This is the same problem with Obama (plus the racist prob that we have even if denied....Iowa has to vote in front of people they know...wouldn't wanna seem racist would we?).

Obama will cave at debates with republicans and has never had an attack ad run against him-ever. I sincerely hope Hillary hits him hard before Tuesday.

Either way, even if Hillary loses New Hampshire, she will win Michigan and Florida and probably Nevada which will be enough for her to get a tidal wave of support on Feb. 5th to the nomination.

If Obama manages the nomination I'll forfeit my general election vote or support a republican (AHHHH).

sjprep06

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Gay, 40% Straight
I just think it's funny, sad and a bit ironic that Obama had more support from White women than Clinton did AND she's a white woman! That's almost a kick in the face.

My personal opinion is that there really is no one perfect person to elect for Presidency. They all have some major flaws, it's just that some are easier to deal with.

and for all the ignorant people that still exist and have some kind of dislike towards Obama because of his skin color, I ask you, why? White men have been running this country since its founding and look how much good they have done.....

Guy-jin

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
Asexual

Huckabee beat Romney, the next highest Republican, by more than 2-to-1 in votes from Evangelicals. Huckabee finished a distant fourth place in votes from non-Evangelicals. Bottom line: You're completely understating the influence of Evangelicals in Iowa.

That's not "spoon-feeding", it's the results of exit polls.

I think that if Edwards keeps slamming on the anti-corporate greed and positions himself as the guy who'll be best at fighting it and changing the state of the nation, he's got a real chance.

Media
Obama needs to win New Hampshire or he is toast. Clinton is well ahead in a lot of the larger states voting on super tuesday, Feb 5th. He needs to win a lot of these early states to have momentum in the larger states. Rudy Giuliani is going to be the Republican nominee. Yes he isn't getting talked about much right now because he isn't even campaigning in these early states, but once Florida comes he'll win that and he too is polling well in the larger states on super tuesday.

The reason these smaller states go first is to make them feel important, the party committees actually forbid larger states from having voting in January. The DNC threatened to take away both Michigan and Florida's delegates because they're holding their primaries in January.

Anywho, come November you'll be deciding between Clinton, New York's senator and Giuliani, New York's former mayor, and maybe even Michael Bloomberg, New York's current mayor as the independent candidate. But I really don' think he'll end up running. I don't think Huckabee will end up as the Rep. party's nominee, but I do believe he'll be the VP candidate. Giuliani can do very well in purple states like PA, and maybe even NY which for the last 20 years goes democratic. But Giuliani needs someone like Huckabee in southern states. I think Edwards would be a good VP candidate for Clinton, but I'm not sure if he, or she, would want that since he's been associated with a losing ticket already.

D_Carroll Condomripper

Experimental Member
Media
Obama needs to win New Hampshire or he is toast. Clinton is well ahead in a lot of the larger states voting on super tuesday, Feb 5th. He needs to win a lot of these early states to have momentum in the larger states. Rudy Giuliani is going to be the Republican nominee. Yes he isn't getting talked about much right now because he isn't even campaigning in these early states, but once Florida comes he'll win that and he too is polling well in the larger states on super tuesday.

The reason these smaller states go first is to make them feel important, the party committees actually forbid larger states from having voting in January. The DNC threatened to take away both Michigan and Florida's delegates because they're holding their primaries in January.

Anywho, come November you'll be deciding between Clinton, New York's senator and Giuliani, New York's former mayor, and maybe even Michael Bloomberg, New York's current mayor as the independent candidate. But I really don' think he'll end up running. I don't think Huckabee will end up as the Rep. party's nominee, but I do believe he'll be the VP candidate. Giuliani can do very well in purple states like PA, and maybe even NY which for the last 20 years goes democratic. But Giuliani needs someone like Huckabee in southern states. I think Edwards would be a good VP candidate for Clinton, but I'm not sure if he, or she, would want that since he's been associated with a losing ticket already.

Good analysis Orbitz.

I read Rudy is "camping out" in New Hampshire fearing a backlash of no-momentum.

Fact: The DNC not only threatened but decided to strip MI and FL of their delegates....I read this will most likely put Hillary easy winner in FL seeing her strongest support is among the older and elderly voters who will go vote in mass from retirement communities and nursing homes. While the younger Obama kids will be like "It wont count so why vote?" (I actually read that I'm not making stuff up).....this is the last state to vote before Feb 5th so this will be a great boost for Hillary, especially since FL will be a decider in the general election like in 2000.

Clinton-Edwards? No way. Edwards said at an Iowa rally he wouldn't commit to supporting the "eventual nominee" meaning Clinton. He later backpedaled at a debate to ease the uproar. OOOOO how I love politics.