proof of love

Principessa

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Generally speaking, no they do not make any sense. However, upon some thought I guess an engagement ring and wedding band can be seen as, "proof of love."

Some people think that doing something you don't like, which your significant other does like, is proof of love. That may well be, but usually it's proof of coercion masked as compromise, not love. :cool:

D

deleted3782

For many, proof of love is measured by the carat. For those less materially inclined, an ear will suffice.

Gustavovolvo

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
Unsure
Do proofs of love make any sense at all?

Have you ever been asked to give a proof of your love for someone?

What was it? Share.
I was asked repeatedly by my ex. She wanted a ring with a garnet as our going steady sign and then one with a diamond surrounded by peridots for the engagement and a plain simple gold band for marriage. Along the way i had to prove I loved her by staying with her whenever she asked even if I had made other plans and a lot of other things which I always did willingly because I loved her.

Today is Christmas and all that proving for her ended with a divorce. The proofs were a joke. The only good was our two children who as further proof will be with her in the next state for Christmas weekend with their maternal grandparents. all my proof got me a studio apartment and being alone for a day my kids love. I wonder if she'll give proof they were happy and take some pictures I know she will want proof when I have them next week for 5 days. Yes i am a little angry and a lot hurt. Proof is a waste of time and money.