Prop 8 National Protest Saturday

OldPArtner

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
And if "race baiting" is what you're into, then don't forget the 4+ million white people who voted "en force" about it too. They make up at least 80% of the people who helped pass the bill to begin with.

Religious ignorance knows no color. So please, shut the fuck up with your bullshit.
Actually (based on the CNN exit polling), just under 60% of the Yes vote was white, but that's still impressive given that non-Hispanic whites were only 43% of Californians in 2006: California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wishful thinking knows no color; I mean I've always wanted a Democrat to win among whites but as long as the South is still in the Union that won't happen in my lifetime.

B_VinylBoy

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Actually (based on the CNN exit polling), just under 60% of the Yes vote was white, but that's still impressive given that non-Hispanic whites were only 43% of Californians in 2006: California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wishful thinking knows no color; I mean I've always wanted a Democrat to win among whites but as long as the South is still in the Union that won't happen in my lifetime.

There's too many polls and articles on the subject matter, and they all have somewhat different results. Although I usually turn to CNN for most news articles, I seriously can't decide who's actually posting exact figures. Even so, a constant theme is apparent with the percentages if we split it on racial terms. People like Faceking choose to go with the Faux News scenario that blames African American people for the passing of the bill. This isn't the first time he's said this garbage on this board and he's not the only one. And quite personally, I'm sick of it.

Even with the shockingly lopsided numbers in support of the bill, the African American community in California was only represented by roughly 6% of the overall vote on the bill. Put that, along with last year's Census numbers on Race and Origin, anyone can see that the passing of this bill goes A LOT further than blaming the race that voted in support of it more than others. However, those looking for a convenient scapegoat, one that has no correlation to themselves even though every party was at fault to some degree, will be the very first to blame someone different from themselves.

California - DP-1. General Population and Housing Characteristics: 1990

I can put skin color aside and look at this strictly as a gay man. That's something that people who only focus on the races and how one group favored it over the other cannot do. I can go by my life's experiences and know that I'm not hated by one race more because I choose to sleep with men. I get the same treatment from a homophobic person regardless of their skin color. No particular race was heavily against this bill, so the last thing I want to see is a straight male or female of ANY color trying to exonerate themselves from this issue.

We need to focus on the real issue at hand... the people who hide behind religion as their means to oppress others. The majority of the 5+ million people who voted yes to this bill all have this flawed, religious belief in common. That's the biggest factor and the one everyone should be focused on... NOT how African Americans voted.

kalipygian

Expert Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
We had a very good turnout, more than a hundred. We marched down and around from the Atwood building at 7th to and along 4th and back twice, by a circuitous route. Sarah didn't come out and say hi, though. People were there from 9:30 til 1:45

Supporters protest gay marriage ban: Anchorage | adn.com

The first pic is The co-chair of the organization which operates the Gay community Center here and her daughter, the second is people marching along 4th Ave, the woman in the blue coat in the center has an image of her California marriage certificate on her sign.

I'll post some more pics later, I made a mistake in how I went about reducing the file size in the rest of them and have to do it over.

Attachments

Last edited:

cruztbone

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
90% Gay, 10% Straight
Faceking, the ones who voted for prop 8 in the greatest number were voters over 65. they also didnt vote for Obama, either. See CNN for the accurate demographics on voter exit polling in CA ; NOT FOX NEWS.

My parents generation could not bring themselves to face a changing America. Both my parents are long gone, but their contemporaries see the world they knew slipping away, and the old rules disappearing. It was too much for them to handle
We had 800 people in Santa Cruz on saturday am in front of city hall. my county voted 71% no. We had the mayor , 2 county supervisors , the county clerk, our state assemblyman (out and married gay legislator John Laird) and a host of media and a wide swath of ages, ethnicities and backgrounds. all of which puts the phony demographics FOX pronoted to rest.
We will be heard in the CA supreme court. we will get our right to marry back. the courts are always the ones to bring about civil rights expanisions; this is no different.
THE BEST PART OF ALL: THE LONE DEMONSTRATOR FOR PROP 8 IN SANTA CRUZ WORE A HAZMAT SUIT AND A GAS MASK. WHAT A PERFECT SYMBOL OF THEIR CAMPAIGN - HIDING BEHIND PHONY RELIGION TO JUSTIFY THEIR BALLOT INITIATIVE.

uncutguy37

Legendary Member
Media
you cant go to the courts everytime there is an election and you dont like the results. the people of CA. voted, and they voted againts it. deal with it, the same people who want this vote overturned would be outraged if the people who voted for McCain wanted to go to the supreme court and have the election results overturned, if they said " the popular vote is wrong this time" the court needs to step in and fix it, the people who voted for Obama would be outraged, you cant have it both ways.