Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
A while back my dad gave me a condom "just in case" in one of those incredibly awkward (yet oddly touching) father son moments. I was curious and decided to try it on a few days ago, figuring that it's better to make a mistake now than when I actually need it.

Everything went fine, except it seemed to not want to go over the base of my penis, where it is thickest. It fit quite well and everything seemed peachy until this morning when I felt some soreness around where the condom rested. I have heard of condoms being too tight on those of more than average girth, and I fit the bill being somewhere between 5.5 and 6 inches. I didn't notice at the time, but I'd guess that it was too tight.

I browsed around here and the net for a while to figure out how to get a condom that fit well and decided that buying some larger condoms to try was the way to go. I picked up a 3 pack of magnums, non-xl and tried one on. It seemed to fit great around the base and did not move around nearly as much. I am around (possibly a little under) 7 inches long and there was a bunch of extra material near the base. Is this a problem?

Also, my head is the smallest part of my member and the magnum (as well as all condoms I could find) makes the assumption that the head will be the largest part. There was some looseness around the head as a result. Not a whole lot, but definitely noticeable to me. Is this dangerous in terms of safety? It did not slide around at all while I was masturbating, so I didn't really think it would be a problem, but better safe than sorry.

Are the magnums right for me? Is there anything else I should know or try?

thirteenbyseven

Legendary Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I don't know about your corner of the country but here in Orange County, California is a small chain of sexual novelty shops called Condom Revolution, run with a largely female staff that can talk about penis size in the same breath as the weather and their favorite boy band. Recently, Jen and I dropped into one store looking for a fun peek-a-boo outfit for her to wear. While we were browsing the novelty items this surf dude in his early twenties came in and started to examine the large rack of condoms near the check-out counter where a female employee sat bored out of her mind reading a Rolling Stone magazine. It's a good thing she had found work with Condom Revolution as the fuschia colored hair, the visible body piercings and tattoos on both shoulders would have definately eliminated her from employment consideration at Mickey's and Minnie Mouse's world up Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim. But everyone excels at something and with her it was condoms.

After five minutes of inspection Cowabunga dude mumbled something up at her at the sales counter. It was like turning on a switch. She came around the glass in her bare midriff black t-shirt (revealing still another navel piercing) and began a doctoral dissertation on the various manufacturers, styles and sizes. She even ventured that manufacturer code phrases like "snugger fit" was meant to sooth the ego of "a guy with a pencil dick." "We surprisingly sell a lot of these," she chirped happily pointing to the king of the condoms, the Durex XXL. Surf dude was apparently not all that prepared for her phallic openess and was in imminent danger of wiping out.

"Well...uh...gimme some of them then," he said pointing to a package of Durex XXL's costing appreciably more than the pedestrian Trojan regulars. She playfully swiped a package off the rack and went in back of the counter to ring it up. As he fumbled for the money she dropped the box of condoms into a plastic Condom Revolution bag. "Jeez, it must be in the water here," she winked. "How come I never seem to get lucky. Here you go." Unresponsive, with his head down averting her gaze, he grabbed the bag and quickly exited the store.

A couple minutes later we went up to the counter and made a small clothing purchase. "I guess he couldn't measure up and follow through," Jen told the girl who laughed as she gave back the change. "No, it's the story of my life. They never do...they never do.":wink:

OmahaBeef

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thirteenbyseven said:
I don't know about your corner of the country but here in Orange County, California is a small chain of sexual novelty shops called Condom Revolution, run with a largely female staff that can talk about penis size in the same breath as the weather and their favorite boy band. Recently, Jen and I dropped into one store looking for a fun peek-a-boo outfit for her to wear. While we were browsing the novelty items this surf dude in his early twenties came in and started to examine the large rack of condoms near the check-out counter where a female employee sat bored out of her mind reading a Rolling Stone magazine. It's a good thing she had found work with Condom Revolution as the fuschia colored hair, the visible body piercings and tattoos on both shoulders would have definately eliminated her from employment consideration at Mickey's and Minnie Mouse's world up Harbor Blvd. in Anaheim. But everyone excels at something and with her it was condoms.

After five minutes of inspection Cowabunga dude mumbled something up at her at the sales counter. It was like turning on a switch. She came around the glass in her bare midriff black t-shirt (revealing still another navel piercing) and began a doctoral dissertation on the various manufacturers, styles and sizes. She even ventured that manufacturer code phrases like "snugger fit" was meant to sooth the ego of "a guy with a pencil dick." "We surprisingly sell a lot of these," she chirped happily pointing to the king of the condoms, the Durex XXL. Surf dude was apparently not all that prepared for her phallic openess and was in imminent danger of wiping out.

"Well...uh...gimme some of them then," he said pointing to a package of Durex XXL's costing appreciably more than the pedestrian Trojan regulars. She playfully swiped a package off the rack and went in back of the counter to ring it up. As he fumbled for the money she dropped the box of condoms into a plastic Condom Revolution bag. "Jeez, it must be in the water here," she winked. "How come I never seem to get lucky. Here you go." Unresponsive, with his head down averting her gaze, he grabbed the bag and quickly exited the store.

A couple minutes later we went up to the counter and made a small clothing purchase. "I guess he couldn't measure up and follow through," Jen told the girl who laughed as she gave back the change. "No, it's the story of my life. They never do...they never do.":wink:

Now thats just funny:biggrin1:

Well written...Love your style...

OmahaBeef

Barely Big

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
thirteenbyseven said:

Great story, but not terribly helpful. I don't know of any of these places around here, and all of my questions are still unanswered. Could someone please give a guy some help?

swtnspycy

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
60% Straight, 40% Gay
It's ok for there to be some extra room in the tip. It's actually better because you need to have room for the ejaculate once it comes out (you should even be pinching about a half inch of the condom on the end before you roll it on, so the cum has somewhere to go), and the extra room makes for better sensation in the tip. As long as there's a snug (but not so tight as to restrict blood flow) fit around the base to keep your ejaculate inside and his/her bodily fluids out of the condom, you're good. It's find if the condom is a bit longer than your penis, a bit of extra at the base won't hurt anything. Sounds like the Magnums that you bought should do really well for you, especially if they're not moving around too much on the base and also aren't squeezing the life out of your penis.

With my experience as a sexual health peer educator, I can give you lots and lots of condom tips. You wouldn't think there would be much to consider, but there is. I'm not going to go into complete detail in here, since this thread is about fit (if you want to know more just send me a message), but one of the most important things I think people should know is that an artificial lube can reduce breakage drastically, but you should NEVER used anything oil based with a condom. Things that are oil-based like baby oil or vaseline will begin to degrade the latex almost instantly. Stick with a nice water based lube. You can even put a teeny drop of it in the tip of the condom before you put it on for a little bit of added sensation for you.

Barely Big

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
swtnspycy said:
It's ok for there to be some extra room in the tip. It's actually better because you need to have room for the ejaculate once it comes out (you should even be pinching about a half inch of the condom on the end before you roll it on, so the cum has somewhere to go), and the extra room makes for better sensation in the tip. As long as there's a snug (but not so tight as to restrict blood flow) fit around the base to keep your ejaculate inside and his/her bodily fluids out of the condom, you're good. It's find if the condom is a bit longer than your penis, a bit of extra at the base won't hurt anything. Sounds like the Magnums that you bought should do really well for you, especially if they're not moving around too much on the base and also aren't squeezing the life out of your penis.

With my experience as a sexual health peer educator, I can give you lots and lots of condom tips. You wouldn't think there would be much to consider, but there is. I'm not going to go into complete detail in here, since this thread is about fit (if you want to know more just send me a message), but one of the most important things I think people should know is that an artificial lube can reduce breakage drastically, but you should NEVER used anything oil based with a condom. Things that are oil-based like baby oil or vaseline will begin to degrade the latex almost instantly. Stick with a nice water based lube. You can even put a teeny drop of it in the tip of the condom before you put it on for a little bit of added sensation for you.

Thank you very much for the advice. I'm glad to know I won't have to go out and play the "what fits?" game. 1st try not too shabby, eh?