Proper Into

inquiringmind: Dearest Friend,

Isn't it funny how time dulls the most foolish of pettiness. I can remember a time when we were on less tht friendly speaking terms but now we have mellowed to a warmth that brings tears to my green eyes. I know that your dear mammy went to her grave still in horror over what she called a "woman with hair a color never seen in nature " but she was a wise old soul as Rhett mentioned over and over when I would give parties for him and his friends at my place. I do miss those old times. So many friends gone forever. As for the trick... Honey, Rhett was an outstanding pupil, but an outstanding teacher as well. He learned much from his blockade running days during the war. He did happen to mention that you were a woman of much natural talent and passion ,commodities one can not buy. Darlin', do you think we should take poor Suellen and India under our collective wings? They are looking awful peeked . It is truly a shame when fruit languishes on the tree and dries up without any notice. I think if they had just a small bit of the attention showered on ourselves they would blossom like flowers. But alas a Brown wren is a brown wren and a Bird of Paradise is a Bird of Paradise! Ta ta

As ever brazen,

Belle

GreenEyes: Dear Sweet Sister,

I am so happy that you have not lost the brazen character of your being.  It is one of your many positives in life.

I feel it is our duty as women to help Suellen and India and in this respect I need your guidance for I was unaware of what has been transpiring with them.  I am in full agreement that like a budding flower needs attention so does a woman.  Such attention will allow them to show their full potential and to shine.  Attention seems to have a way to open up characteristics that one never thought possible.  

Forgiveness is asked that I did not see this. It is because I am cursed with self absorbtion.  Yes, true it is all about me but I need to place that aside in order to help a fellow sister. I need to show her through my actions that she can show her potential.

I too am happy that we were able to place our differences aside.  To let you know at one point I thought you to be the rudest bitch going in the South that would back stab anybody that got in her way, but enough about that for now.

All is good in the world once again. We have each other in our lives and that is what is important.  Do not cry my friend because first it is a happy thing that we are friends again.  Second, your eyes look dreadful with the mascare running.  

From our correspondance I am beginning to wonder if Rhett played us.  He too would insist many times, how do I write about such a delicate subject.  He would speak of this lover, now I know it was you, often and how wonderful, passionate, sensual, seductive in so many ways whe was.  Several times before our love making he would tell me stories of her and things they had experimented with.  It seemed to excite him more than usual when he spoke of you. He used to always tell me that he would love for me to meet this woman, this lover of his, to learn from her.  Something about three can learn more than just two people.  I am still unclear what he was attempting to suggest but I did know he wanted me to meet this lover while he was present.

To think that all along I knew you and you I.  If only Rhett knew.

Again I am at service to you with the situation of budding flowers.  Simply say the word or explain the plan and I am at your call.

Faithfully your friend,
Scarlett

inquiringmind: Forgive me Scarlett,

I was sure you remembered your rather taciturn younger sister, Suellen and Ashley's horse-faced sister, India. I know, dear... it is hard catching up on the details after having been away for that rest after Rhett left. I hope I am not being indelicate... As you recall Mr Kennedy your second husband was known by all to be Suellen's beau. I know it was expedience and the idea of losing your beloved Tara that caused your sudden interest, but you know what they say "hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!" Poor Suellen. Unfortunately, I believe it was a similar fate that befell India. As everyone, in Atlanta at least knew, India Wilkes had been betrothed from childhood to Charles Hamilton and after he fell head over heels for you at the barbeque... I guess you were desparate in finding a way to stay near to Ashley.The honorable Mr.Wilkes was not going to break his engagement with Melanie even for some one as enchanting as your self. They are a very unusual family to say the least . I must ask you, for I have been dying to know for years, is it true what they say about you blocking poor Charles out of your marital bed for a week after your wedding? I have heard of rebound regrets, but dearest you must have known he wouldn't be content with your fainting spells forever! Especially since from what i've heard they always occured right before you both retired for the night. Perhaps your anticipation of coming in contact with that "saber of love" which he was so anxious to use made you faint. It is quite understandable. I can see that he made up for lost time once he broke the door down since he left you with a living token to remember him by. Its is a shame Charles had to die so young. How is your son anyway? Mine as you know is off at boarding school far away from the center of activity. As I recall Rhett came to me one evening after you incited him to a similarly uncharacteristic fit of pique. Darlin' ,could this be a pattern? Could you by chance like to incite passion beyond bounds in your men so that the subsequent ravishing will not be blamed on you? Old habits are hard to break but lets hope a new leaf has been turned. As for Suellen and India, let us put our heads together and see if we might be able to do something for the two poor darlings.

Ever inquiring

Belle

GreenEyes: Dear Belle,

You have me there. I am awe struck and unable to reply with the rembrence of yesteryear.

What trouble I used to find myself in. I truly didn't want to hurt a soul and desperately needed a man in my life. I hold no resentment towards these men for I know I am like honey is towards bees. They are simply drawn to me like they are to you.

Oh yes, my poor sister. I had blocked that out of my mind. I could care less about Ashley's sister. She was only after his manhood. Another tart if you ask me. Fidal de de I say to her. Oh and what a manhood he had hence why I did faint a lot. Not to avoid his advances but to expidite them. Fainting got me in the bedroom quickly and of course Charles had to remove my binding clothing. Usually when the last ribbon of my corset was undone I would wake up and press my body against his.

Of course I did lock hiim out. I was playing hard to get at the time. What school girlish thing to do but again I was so inexperience n that area. I have to admit that he was so filled with rage and passion when he bursted through that door. I could harldly contain my wanting behaviior. Oh wait it was not Charles but it was Rhett that broke through the door.

I do not recall ever leaving Rhett without satisfaction. True, I was a difficult woman and stirred his temper from time to time but never would I leave him in a state of such arosal without release. So in your writing you are admitting that he went to you the same night he ha me. Hmmm sloppy seconds if you think about it. That Rhett always did have a sex drive. Again one of us should inquire about what he meant about three is better than two.

Again I am at your beck and call. Just let me know what you need me to do and I will be in your debt.

With warm sentiment,
Scarlet

inquiringmind: Dear Scarlett,

You are a natural wonder! I have it on good authority ( Prissy told my maid Sukey and she told me ) that both Charles and  Rhett broke in the doors! By the way, Sukey told me that "Big Sam", your foreman from Tara wasn't called "Big Sam" for nothing. Knowing how resourceful you are, I knew you must have found some way to take a peek while they were all shucking down after coming in from the fields. In fact,, Prissy told her that Ms. Ellen, your sainted mother, was nearly scandalized by your covorting with the slave children when you were small. I seem to recall she said your favorite game was called "Slave auction" and that you especially loved to inspect the prime bucks at market. Don't cringe. dear friend. All children indulge in such games at that age. My own particular game of choice was "Bordello" and we don't even have to talk about what that entailed! All I know is if weren't for "Big Sam" showing up when he did when you so foolishly went down to inspect your saw mills it would have been the end of you. It is a shame that poor Mr.Kennedy had to perish as a result. Thought it did make it quite convenient for Rhett to catch you on the rebound.
How well I remember that night .The only thing that kept the whole passel of those foolish men from having the boys in blue swing them from the gallows was the fact that Rhett had the presence of mind to  bring them to my place for an allibi. Melanie Wilkes ,I will never forget the great honor she paid me by getting in my carriage that night to thank me. You always thought she was a lily-livered little sissy. I have news for you. Not only was she fully aware of you intentions towards Ashley but she in her way encouraged them She knew she didn't have the strength to satisfy him .So she didn't stand in the way of him getting his needs met. That's why he stayed with her to the end.  She understood him in a way you never could. You were too much woman for Ashley in the long run anyway. I seem to recall at the time  of that incident most of the women in town thought I was the second coming of satan! Y'all just didn't understand .There are certain things a man just can't get at home. That is where me and  my girls come in.... We are a willing ear ,have a ready drink and a comfortable bed  no matter how late or how tired. Never let it be said that Belle Watling is not a gracious hostess. For that pleasure, the gentlemen of this town have made me a woman of means. I may not take company with the cream of society, but I do just fine on my own. I am so glad that we finally got to the point where foolish conventions and petty jealousies were removed from our interaction. I have really come to like you. I can respect your strong survivial instinct and I think we can both respect the others hard headed business sense. I think the reason so many other women don't like us is that we think more like men than women and won't apologize for it. I am not going to spend one minute more than I have to worrying if I have offended the delicate sensibilities of the women of this town. They should be thanking women like ourselves rather than reviling us. Well darlin', I like you have a business to run. But till the next time .

Belle

Ms Watling, if you're nasty !

GreenEyes: Ms Watling I mean Belle,

I have always admired your stregnth and business sense. I think you have motivated me to be able to attempt it on my own through using a husband as a front. It is a shame that even in today's society women are not allowed to own property or business.

By watching how you use your feminity and how you demonstrate your keen business skills I too emulated you. Let's face it we both have used sex to get where we are today. I however was fortunate to come from a long line of plantation owners that came from Ireland. My family had introduced me to the finest family in the county and state even in the southern confeceracy.

So many young men I had to choose from but yes my heart was taken by Ashley so many years ago. In hindsight I know that Melanie was the best for him. You are right she is not that pure lily white woman but an oak that's roots are embedded in the ground that not even a hurricane or gigantic wind would tear it down. Yes, hinder it but never destroy it completely. I see that sort of strength in her children. I hope some day Ashley will regain it back.

You know not that I had him I didn't want him. I suppose it is we always want what we can't get. I suppose that was what drove Rhett towards me. Again what a man he was. I do not think in my lifetime can I even express all of the sexual things we had encountered. Some day I feel we will be back together. It is another thing that I swear to. Until then I will bide my time with the men about me. Hmmm by any chance do you have a bow?

As far as Big Sam goes I can attest that all that you wrote is true. I truly hope that Prissy and him will finally get married and start a family. Both of them have been so dear to me through all the trials and tribulations of the war and after math. For there kindness that they bestowed on me I decided to give them ten acres of land sectioned off on Tara. I know that it is the right decision for Tara is part of them as it is me. They are family now with so much we have been through.

So Ms Watling are there any deep dark secrets you would care to share with me? Besides Rhett were any of my other husbands with you or your service. I must confess there was a time I was going to throw in the towel and ask you for a job. I just thought it would be a wonderful way to spend the day.

Your dearest friend,
Scarlett

inquiringmind: Dear Mrs.O'hara-Hamilton-Kennedy-Butler,

What is there to tell, darlin'. I'm just a simple little country girl who had a good face, figure and more brains than most men knew what to do with. So, what did I do? I got them where it counted and made them pay dearly. Not much mystery in that . Being a good businesswoman you know that life is simply an exchange of supply and demand,. Anything else is just a spitoon full! These starry eyed convent trained girls can fool themselves if they want but all the airs and graces in the world won't do as much for you as a quick, open mind and the lack of scruples that can help you get what you want . If I had listened to  the "old folks at home" I would have remained in a life of  virtuous poverty. I'll put my money on the sadder but wiser girl any day for getting ahead. She is no longer blinded by the first bloom of chivalric love . And if everlasting love doesn't last forever make sure you at least have an insurance policy on his sorry ass!

A scarlet (haired) woman
Belle

GreenEyes: My Dearest Belle,

I am afraid I must retire soon so this letter will be quick.

My admiration of you increases as the days pass. I too am happy to know that we could place our differences aside and move past the whole who slept with whom situation.

Your business tactics are clever and it amazes me how the men do not see it.

You have taken a harsh situation in life and turned it into a positive. I have married men not for love but for position. You have loved and gained position but never married. Love is a strange concept is you think about it. What I have done is considered respectable in the eyes of society. All because I had that/those piece(s) of paper(s) of a marriage certificate(s).

I do hope you will keep my inner most thoughts a secret. Especially the one of me lusting after Rhett and ultimately falling in love with him. I hope it is not too late to win him back for I know I have done some foolish things.

If you have any suggestions or techniques in this matter I would gladly appreciate it and be open to it.

My undying friendship,
Scarlet O'hara-Hamilton-Kennedy-Butler

inquiringmind: Scarlet,

My best advice darlin' is to move on with your life and if you and Rhett are meant to reunite at some point down the path of life, it will happen. You know, nothing is more pathetic than meeting someone you loved at one time later in life and realize that they squandered the precious few days here on earth pinning after a dream. Rhett is practical man, but he got caught up in the dream of a beautiful woman/child who he wanted to protect and save from the ravages of time and life. What he needs now is to wake up from that dream and find a woman who has made the transition but yet has all of the fire, passion and drive that he so loved in you. No, don't chase, pine or dream. Work, honey so no matter what happens you won't look back in regret and wonder what might have been.

Reflections from a sadder
but wiser fomer girl/woman,

Belle

GreenEyes: Dear Belle,

I am sorry for the long wait on my reply. I did like you suggested and continued on with my business. This time I am considering on expanding it with other opportunities on the rise.

The other day it hit me that Rhett made his money because of the war. Some would call him an opportunist but I think of him as a shrewed businessman. No wonder why I am attracted to him. If you think about it I did the same thing by marrying... old what is his name... so I could get the lumber business. To think if it wasn't for me he would have lost it with his business sense.

Well, enough about that I understand your advice about not chasing Rhett. I know that part of the elure he had for me was because he couldn't have me. I think that both he and I are past that stage in our life. We lived through enough together and I have grown to realize how selfish I was in the past. Will I ever admit that to Rhett, no never. So time will tell what will happen.

I did send word to him asking him to come to dinner. I have a plan that I will share with you at a later time. If there is any advice or secrets of your profession you would like to share with me to help me out in this situation I would gladly appreciate them.

Take care my dearest friend and again sorry for the delay. Things have been busy at this end. I am also expecting Rhett's baby but yet to have inform him of the situation.

My Neverending friendship,
Scarlett

GreenEyes: Waaaaaaa waaaaaa I don't want to see our "Gone With the Wind" escapade go into the night without ever being seen again.

:)

inquiringmind: Scarlett,

There is nothing worse than whiny woman! How are ya!I have been going through my own sorts of trauma in the  last few days. But then that is what life is made of, isn't it? Dear, I fear that you heard nothing I said to you the other night. It is imperative that you not bombard Rhett with your new found ardor. Men like nothing worse than the  prey pursuing the hunter! And for a man like Rhett that is an absolute! If you are to have any chance at lasting happiness with him at all, you need to back off and wait. I know you are overwhelmed by this news, but you must take  this slowly.There is much healing that needs to be done in order for the two of you to come together again. Don't be afraid to apologize, but then give him time to make up his own mind. Rushing foolishly ahead will only make him go to another's arms . I am sure you do not what that! Men are such perverse creatures, honey. You can't live with 'em and you can't live without 'em . But then ain't that half the fun?

WIth only the best in mind ,

Belle

GreenEyes: Dearest Belle,

I would gladly except that advice openly if it wasn't for the fact that Rhett and I haven't been together for nearly ten years. Well, besides the fact we sleep together on rare occassions. Hence my predicament with the bread in the oven.

I have been extremely busy with renovations on Tara. Would you believe I offered sexual favors to any man that would help but none replied. What is the world coming to I ask you?

Again I do appreciate your advice and I hope you hand tough with all the trials and tribulations of life. Like you know without feeling the sadness we wouldn't feel total happiness. I had heard of a saying from a China Man about something in the universe of ying and yang. It means there is a balance in life. I am sure you will find it as I hope I do too.

My unending love,
Scarlett