Proper way to measure length

Columbus

Just Browsing
Media
I have heard it mentioned on this site the proper way is to measure bone pressed, is this the standard?

How does everyone else measure?

jimeight

Experimental Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Top of the Pubic bone (pressed but not forced) is the way the medical community measures. It's also the way most of the researchers (Kinsey, etc.) measure. Also, using a string instead of a ruler is common so you don't have to straighten the curve out to get an accurate measurement.

Columbus

Just Browsing
Media
All along I thought I was 7.5. When I measure from the pubic bone out it measures 8".

I assume that when having sex, upon thrusting your partner would recieve all 8" because that layer of fat would compress at the bottom of a thrust.

I think?

xxianxx

Just Browsing
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
Yes it compresses.
And have you ever noticed pain when it does?
I've heard storys of broken bones down there.

Columbus

Just Browsing
Media
No.

I am not talking about the penis compressing.

I am talking about the area of fatty tissue above the penis. The tissue that is currently hiding 1/2" of mine.

When having sex I assume it compresses when thrusting so she ends up getting all 8" instead of just the 7.5 I can see without pressing in to touch the pubic bone.

kurikokku

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
Now I have a question for the guys with curved penises:

Is it really fair to measure only along the top of the penis?

Guys with downward curves (like myself) would measure shorter than they really are if they straightened out their penis and measured. This is due to the decreased surface area of the top. However, guys with upward curves would have the opposite effect, would they not? When straightened out, the measurement becomes slightly longer.

I know I probably didn't make any sense, but I'll try and post some pictures later and show you guys what I mean.

svin_renigoth

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
No Response
try using a cloth or plastic tape measure (used in tailoring). it's more flexible than a straight ruler. just place it flat on the top surface of your penis. also useful for measuring girth.

you could also use a piece of string and note the length with a straight ruler, as jimeight suggested above.

roger_dodger

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
When I measure from pubic bone to tip its never as long as I want it to be. So I always measure from the pubic bone to the tip, around the tip, down the bottom almost to my asshole. Then its like 13 or so inches.

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Now I have a question for the guys with curved penises:

Is it really fair to measure only along the top of the penis?

Guys with downward curves (like myself) would measure shorter than they really are if they straightened out their penis and measured. This is due to the decreased surface area of the top. However, guys with upward curves would have the opposite effect, would they not? When straightened out, the measurement becomes slightly longer.

I know I probably didn't make any sense, but I'll try and post some pictures later and show you guys what I mean.

thats a very good ppoint, mine curves up pretty good, and when its totally erect, rock hard, its way too hard for me to straighten it out totally, it takes me 2 hands to make it almost straight, and even then, it hurts and its stil l to hard to ever make straight...if i meaasure along the bottom side, starting at the base, not pressing all the way into my balls like internet inches, but at the base totally even to where the base on the top is, i can get 8" long with the big upward curve, but across to top from the base to the tip, i can only straighten it enough to get 7".. and even so , it cant be totally rock hard or else i cant straighten it enoufgh with one hand while holding the tape measure in the other hand. lol, oh well

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
try using a cloth or plastic tape measure (used in tailoring). it's more flexible than a straight ruler. just place it flat on the top surface of your penis. also useful for measuring girth.

you could also use a piece of string and note the length with a straight ruler, as jimeight suggested above.

do you not take math?
basically.. the outside edge will always be longer than the inside edge, even if its flexible tape, since it curves up , your still losing inches on the top(ionside curve), if you measure the top of a curved dick , depending on how severe the curve, youll lose length , if you straighten it out, its longer, its not about the tape being flexible or not, its about the dick being curved up, a guy with a strong up curve is better off mesuring while semi hard, instead of rock hard, that way your cock is straight, mine sticks straight out when semi, when rock hard, it sticks up

kurikokku

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
basically.. the outside edge will always be longer than the inside edge, even if its flexible tape, since it curves up , your still losing inches on the top(ionside curve), if you measure the top of a curved dick , depending on how severe the curve, youll lose length , if you straighten it out, its longer, its not about the tape being flexible or not, its about the dick being curved up, a guy with a strong up curve is better off mesuring while semi hard, instead of rock hard, that way your cock is straight, mine sticks straight out when semi, when rock hard, it sticks up
I think you understand exactly what I was trying to get at. :biggrin1:

uncut1234

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
if guys with any bit of a downward curve get to measure along the top, then any guy with a upward curve should get to mesure along the bottom... and guys that are 100% straight can measure top or bottom, and it doesnt matter *as long as they dont press into the balls it doesnt matter which side you measure if its straight..) ... thats the truth.. but that siad. im glad i have an upward curve, i dont mind losing an inch in length in internet measuring contests where you can onyl measure the top lol, the only thing that matters to me is every girl screams when i first put my dick into them for the first time, and every time after that. and all love how it curves

Dan the man

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Here is a sentence from a woman on
another forum who is doing a consensus:

"2. Measure the length of your cock (along the top without pushing the tape in of course)."

Is this a woman who doesn't understand about the fatpad, or is this the way a woman would measure because she's only interested in what is visible length? I don't have much of a fatpad, maybe a dimples worth of extra, but I can certainly gain a tad more by pushing in. Also, if I push downwards on my cock, I can also gain a bit, it kind of extends a bit. Are we kidding ourselves though?

Dan the man

Sexy Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Although meant to be funny, this explains it well:

YouTube - How to measure your penis...WITHOUT CHEATING!!

I've seen that video before. I'm not so sure of it's accuracy. So he doesn't mention about pressing in at all. Thing is, he says lie on your back. But most people say to stand up to measure. Surely lying on your back makes it more difficult as you have to then hold your penis forward plus it might compress the length rather than standing up where gravity will allow it extend a bit more.

ericbear

Superior Member
Verified
Gold
Media
Verification
View
Sexuality
100% Gay, 0% Straight
...Thing is, he says lie on your back. But most people say to stand up to measure...

I think lying on your back gives you a longer measure than standing for most people, unless you are very lean. If you stand, the pubic and abdominal fat sags down, covering the base of the penis. If you lie on your back, gravity is in your favor. I think he does this instead of suggesting that you press into the fat.