Proposal!

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I'm getting married! Proposal was last week & he's been bugging me about a date.
So, in thinking about it & time involved to plan the celebration so friends & family have time to make arrangments to attend we're thinking of this summer (late or ealry fall). My SO & I have been dating since may '04 & exlclusive since about mid-Oct. 04. I'm so excited I can hardly concentrate on my studies! This time around I'm much more concentrated on family/friends enjoying themselves during the celebration & enjoying observing how happy we are.

Pecker

Retired Moderator
Media
In the summertime
When all the trees and leaves are green
And the redbird sings I'm not blue
'Cause you done found your love!

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
At some point in the good 'ole summertime, depending on where we decide to have the celebration, if it is south of where we are now, (already south of the Mason-Dixon line), then it will be late summer/early fall, as an outdoor wedding is a great possiblity, and slightly cooler would be better. The month of May would be perfect, but I don't have time to plan a wedding/reception, & finish this last semester of grad school w/out being on academic probation.

To the ladies who mentioned it...Hmm, yes, I've found one who I can put up with & it seems that he can put up with me. We both tend to not hold grudges, which is a wonderful attribute! Seems that we both cover for & look out for one another, too.
To riderocket! wish we could invite the whole world! & if we have any bridesmaids or groomsmen, they will be our children &/or grandchildren (the grands are very young! as in under 4yrs. of age).
But, Probably will not have any attendants; I think we will prefer to spend the money on great music & good food.

RideRocket

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
80% Straight, 20% Gay
Sounds like you have a good plan already. Just remember, it's YOUR wedding - not your parents, his parents, etc. Even though they may be helping out with the funds, you'll have to tactfully tell them what you want.

Again, congratulations and have fun!

summertime01

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
Thanks to all for your good wishes & congrats.
Pecker, did you write that little poeM?
How fitting it is too, as we met each other in the early summertime of '04. I absolutely love the summertime & feel very alive in that season.