PROPOSED Study on LPSG Cock Size

D

deleted161054

~~~THIS IS NOT A SURVEY, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE SURVEY~~~
Hello!

I have been looking around the forum at penis-size related threads... and while there's a lot of existing data, most of these threads lack reliability because they rely heavily on unvalidated self-reported measures. This makes any statistical analysis of the data not representative of the actual "sample" and therefore "population". I had gotten through a large amount of data entry (usually the longest part of survey statistical analysis) from a thread (http://www.lpsg.org/137273-survey-penis-size-based-on.html) when I realized this.

Since size-related stuff has been a strong interest of mine for the past six years (since I lost my virginity ;p), I'd really like to have a go at a more sound survey analysis. I have an extensive background in analyzing participant-based statistical information, as well as plenty of knowledge and experience interpreting the results. Furthermore, I actually enjoy data analysis; this isn't something that I'd just leave and forget about.

With all of this in mind, I'm proposing a more meaningful survey of data... but I need your ideas on how to go about this and what to include. I would greatly appreciate if you could give me your input on the following points and potential questionnaire items:

Most importantly: Would limiting data collection to photo-verified members increase the validity of the results? Or should I go as far as to request a valid photo while measuring to be posted? Are there any other ways you can think of around this?

Onto the potential survey, what else should I include and what are your thoughts on the following (adapted from dredogol, 2009)? I have provided my reasons for including certain variables.
SHOE SIZE: (included to assess the validity of SHOE SIZE predicting ERECT PENIS LENGTH)
AGE PUBERTY STARTED:
AGE OF FIRST SEXUAL ENCOUNTER: (included to potentially control for the association between ERECT PENIS LENGTH and NUMBER OF SEXUAL PARTENERS)
NUMBER OF SEXUAL PARTERS: (included to assess the degree to which ERECT PENIS LENGTH is associated)
ETHNICITY (your native country(s); if mixed, provide all): (interesting demographic information)
CIRCUMCISED (Yes / No): (interesting demographic information)
If YES (at birth / later in life): (interesting demographic information)
FLACCID LENGTH:
ERECT LENGTH:
AVERAGE ERECT GIRTH (“circumference”):
RUNS THROUGH IMMEDIATE RELATED FAMILY (Yes / No / Unknown; does either your biological father or brothers have similar penis properties?): (a simple measure of genetic inheritance)

What else do I include? I was thinking I measurement of hand size might be interesting..
Thanks for your time!

D

deleted161054

Thanks for the reply. :)
However, what I am proposing is a survey which would limit participation to individuals with (some form of) validated penis size.
Again, I'm aware that there's a TON of data on the site already in many many many threads, but I am proposing a more representative and valid collection of said data, as well as proper analysis and interpretation.

stratedude

Legendary Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
99% Straight, 1% Gay
~~~THIS IS NOT A SURVEY, PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE SURVEY~~~
Hello!

I have been looking around the forum at penis-size related threads... and while there's a lot of existing data, most of these threads lack reliability because they rely heavily on unvalidated self-reported measures. This makes any statistical analysis of the data not representative of the actual "sample" and therefore "population". I had gotten through a large amount of data entry (usually the longest part of survey statistical analysis) from a thread (http://www.lpsg.org/137273-survey-penis-size-based-on.html) when I realized this.

Since size-related stuff has been a strong interest of mine for the past six years (since I lost my virginity ;p), I'd really like to have a go at a more sound survey analysis. I have an extensive background in analyzing participant-based statistical information, as well as plenty of knowledge and experience interpreting the results. Furthermore, I actually enjoy data analysis; this isn't something that I'd just leave and forget about.

With all of this in mind, I'm proposing a more meaningful survey of data... but I need your ideas on how to go about this and what to include. I would greatly appreciate if you could give me your input on the following points and potential questionnaire items:

Most importantly: Would limiting data collection to photo-verified members increase the validity of the results? Or should I go as far as to request a valid photo while measuring to be posted? Are there any other ways you can think of around this?

Onto the potential survey, what else should I include and what are your thoughts on the following (adapted from dredogol, 2009)? I have provided my reasons for including certain variables.
SHOE SIZE: (included to assess the validity of SHOE SIZE predicting ERECT PENIS LENGTH)
AGE PUBERTY STARTED:
AGE OF FIRST SEXUAL ENCOUNTER: (included to potentially control for the association between ERECT PENIS LENGTH and NUMBER OF SEXUAL PARTENERS)
NUMBER OF SEXUAL PARTERS: (included to assess the degree to which ERECT PENIS LENGTH is associated)
ETHNICITY (your native country(s); if mixed, provide all): (interesting demographic information)
FLACCID LENGTH:
ERECT LENGTH:
RUNS THROUGH IMMEDIATE RELATED FAMILY (Yes / No / Unknown; does either your biological father or brothers have similar penis properties?): (a simple measure of genetic inheritance)

What else do I include? I was thinking I measurement of hand size might be interesting..
Thanks for your time!
I would include the frequency of masterbation. I don't think its a coincidence that it seems like most men with a healthy sexual appetite have been reported to have large penises by the women that they have been with, especially since there are techniques out there for 'manual penis enlargement' that sound an aweful lot like 'rough masterbation' to me.

I do like the idea of being photo verified too.

But in the end it will still probably be skewed a little on the larger side because I believe that men with above average penises will be more inclined to participate than those with smaller ones. I mean, hell, we are on Large Penis Support Group for crap sake. Have you seen my penis volume chart? It has a perfect bell-shaped curve, however the whole thing is skewed WAY over to the bigger size. This makes sense because of this website, but the only way you'll be able to get a true statistical analysis is if you were able to pick the people yourself.

D

deleted161054

One post away from 1000, BTW. ;p

Thanks for your input! I've modified the survey:
AGE PUBERTY STARTED:
HOW MANY TIMES, ON AVERAGE, DO YOU MASTURBATE PER WEEK?:
AVERAGE DURATION OF A TYPICAL MASTURBATION:

FLACCID LENGTH:
ERECT LENGTH:

And thanks for your thoughts on the potential results! I wasn't planning on generalizing to a larger population than LPSG members, so skewed data shouldn't be a problem if proper measures are taken to ensure survey validity.

D

deleted161054

It would be nice if you incorporated Digit Ratios into this.

Digit ratios of the index and ring finger? I could add that, though my knowledge of the topic isn't very extensive, so I'd have to brush up on it a bit. Would more people be interested in this?

Also, are there any more ideas concerning ways to make penis measurement more accurate? I dunno if people would actually want to go through the effort of taking and posting a picture of themselves just for a survey.

TheDeTour

Experimental Member
Media
Sexuality
100% Straight, 0% Gay
I think you should also include the type of car owned, here in the UK its a fact that men who drive large 4x4s have incredibly small Penes and no bollox!!

D

deleted161054

Haha.
..and I drive a sporty car, so I wonder what that says about my size. :3

D

deleted161054

Haha, thanks...

Does anyone else have any ideas about what to include...?

D

deleted161054

Awesome. Ill put together something sometime soon.