Proposition to change Fictitious Stories Post Title Format

Discussion in 'Fictitious Stories' started by CollegeDC, Oct 14, 2010.

?

Should there be a Genre Format in Fictitious Stories?

1. Yes, I like the proposed Genre Format

33.3%
  2. No, Fictitious Stories is fine the way it is

21.2%
  3. Yes, there should "some sort" of format

25.8%
  4. Fictitious Stories should be split up like Adult Videos

19.7%
  1. CollegeDC

CollegeDC Member

Albums:
    Like everyone that visits this forum, I enjoy reading and commenting on the various types/genres of stories that are posted here. My only problem is the title format people use when posting (e.g. there is NONE).

Some people go the extra mile to at least give a brief disclaimer in the title, which is really all that is needed.

Most of the stories posted are pure vanilla, but some can be pretty profane, objectionable stuff. Now, I think it's great that people are imaginative enough to write anything to begin with, nonetheless have the courage and desire to exercise their 1st Amendment rights, but it would be nice to have at least some semblance of what the story entails before reading 2-3 paragraphs.

In the spirit of keeping this forum whole, and not splitting it up like Adult Videos, I think a simple formatting guide would be useful in keeping everyone happy and on track. Here is an example, but I would like to hear recommendations and comments on it.

<sexual orientation of short story> <length (e.g. short, long)> <title>

This is pretty simple, and keeps everyone in their desired preference for stories.

A example might be:

<straight><short><Sean meets Sally for Drinks>

Easy. Those not in the market for a gay, tranny or beastiality tale know that this story is for them. Those looking for a quick read also would apply. Finally, those playing for a different team and desiring something longer could skip it.

I know this seems like common sense, but maybe people like everything the way it is. I would appreciate comments and votes, and maybe with enough attention we can make a few helpful changes.

2. G_ManCK

G_ManCK Member

This has been proposed before and never went anywhere. I can see it both ways: the adult videos are separated into "straight", "gay", and "everything else"--so it wouldn't be a stretch to have a similar set-up for Fictitious Stories; however, it's been my experience that most authors on here (at least the good ones) label their writings one way or the other, and so, it's no real problem for me to sift through story titles and get the gist of the plotline. I pretty much visit this forum for the fiction section, and I regularly frequent through the adult videos. So, either direction that's chosen works for me.

3. blutrane

Verified Gold Member

Albums:
    Verified:
    Photo
    I think it most respectful to everyone on the forum to include some kind of information in the title that suggests what you're about to get into. Even if it's a simple m/f, or m/m, (as people already are doing) or m/f/m/alien/cyborg/demon. Whatever you're into. It doesn't matter.

No artist wants to bow to categorization because from the perspective of the creator, it seems confining. This isn't about art. It's about being clear. From the perspective of the reader, clarity is the first thing that matters.

4. beckx23

beckx23 Member

maybe not a seperation but an annoucement of gay or straight themed storys

5. Narcisse

Narcisse Member

I think there should be a sticky with some tags that would be "mandatory".

m/f = straight
    m/m = gay
    f/f
    v = violence, rape
    bdsm

etc. etc.

Draft saved Draft deleted