Props for Mattness!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I just wanted to give a big ol' shout-out to Mattness for helping me get back onto LPSG after 9 days of getting nothing but "Server Not Found", when trying to log in.

A lot of you buddies here tried to help me, but it was WAY beyond "Clear your cookies and cache." or "Reboot, and log back in."

He spent nearly 4 hours with me online trying everything the 2 of us could imagine being the problem... and he kept coming back to me with new brainstorms... that didn't work... but then the last attempt did.

I won't bore you with the details... I am just amazed that HE was so into figuring it out!

You are a jewel, if not a genius, Mattness! Thanks for being here for me. I love this site and it was very frustrating to not be a part of it for that long of a time.

xoxo _Onan

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Aren't IT guys just the best??

Yes! But, in his case, Mattness, is the BestNess!

I'd also like to thank you, Deve1opment, for letting me know that my profile page was still active, when I had no idea what was going on and couldn't get access...

Thanks for looking into it for me from afar... i.e. from YahooIM and MSN.

And my god! What a hot cock you have there, Dev., IMHO.

Onan

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm glad he was able to work it out for you!
Sorry I wasn't much help to you, when we talked,Onan.
Mattness is a great guy!
Huzzah!
cigarbabe:saevil:
Actually, Cigarbabe, you were a great help... at least you responded to my messages in the UserPlane cam/chat room, unlike most of the guys there, and let me know that the site was up and it was a problem with my own PC.

Thank you for that!... Then I moved on and asked His Holy Mattness for help.

Onan

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
Hmmm... this was moved to the Et Cetera, Et Cetera forum...

I thought about posting it here in the first place, but, since it was about actually being HELPED here, I posted it in the Help Desk forum.

Anyway... glad to be back in and thanks again to Mattness.

Onan

Mattness

Expert Member
Media
Kirkland, WA (Outside of Seattle, Washington)
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well...aren't you sweet Onanny...the cheeks on my face are about to burst into flames they're so red from embarrassment!

For those who care and can understand Computerese, he had two problems:

The 1st problem was that he had a Trojan Virus in his Startup. This also explained why his PC was so slow 24/7. We went through his Startup items and disabled everything that was loading that wasn’t legal or wanted.

The 2nd problem was that this Trojan put new DNS server information into his TCP/IP Configuration in Windows so that all his browsing traffic went through their DNS server, not his ISP’s, so it did not know LPSG.ORG – thus his problem! I just set his TCP/IP back to Auto Config and BOOM he was back in the Large Penis world! Woohoo!

We missed you Onanny…welcome back!

ActionBuddy

Mythical Member
Gold
Platinum Gold
Media
Sexuality
No Response
I'm just so thrilled that I actually embarrassed Mattness! ... As if.... Haha!

Still have a bunch of things to sort out, Matty-Ol'-Boy, so, you aren't off the hook yet!

Where are you Mr. Matt? Skype? MSN? Yahoo? I love chasing men with large brains. But, geeeees... don't make me go to Redmond!

Onan

findfirefox

Sexy Member
Media
Sexuality
99% Gay, 1% Straight
Well...aren't you sweet Onanny...the cheeks on my face are about to burst into flames they're so red from embarrassment!

For those who care and can understand Computerese, he had two problems:

The 1st problem was that he had a Trojan Virus in his Startup. This also explained why his PC was so slow 24/7. We went through his Startup items and disabled everything that was loading that wasn’t legal or wanted.

The 2nd problem was that this Trojan put new DNS server information into his TCP/IP Configuration in Windows so that all his browsing traffic went through their DNS server, not his ISP’s, so it did not know LPSG.ORG – thus his problem! I just set his TCP/IP back to Auto Config and BOOM he was back in the Large Penis world! Woohoo!

We missed you Onanny…welcome back!

You know strangely enough I was having issues with LPSG.org, it was unable to resolve an IP through the DNS server. I though the site had been down until the next day when I checked the site on my phone but was later unable to do so on my computer. It turns out that my computer had a bad DNS entry in the DNS cache. I ran a DNS Flush (ipconfig /dnsflush) and the issue was resolved :smile: